Would you be okay with Barnett skipping the bowl game?

players should get paid 2-3 thousand for these bowl games---coaches cash in with huge bonuses and players only get some chump change bowl gifts.

Reactions: 1 person
This.

As for Barnett - he is a Jr. He hasn't yet said he is leaving for the NFL (... though he probably is ...), thus him making a decision not to play just in case would not be appropriate.

Some players will look at the game as another chance to showcases their skills.

I believe also that not playing sends a clear message that they are afraid of getting hurt. If they feel this way about the bowl, what is next - the last game of the season doesn't matter, so skip it ... as soon as it is apparent their team is not going to a bowl or will not be conference champs - check out?

And then there is the playoffs, how long before someone gets hurt there and the players say - the NFL is greater than a college football championship with their teammates? So they decide not to play in those as well.

These players should play. The universities have given them the opportunity to showcase their ability for the NFL and get a degree at the same time. They have contributed to the success of the team.

This is the equivalent of someone leaving for another job, giving a two weeks notice, but refusing to transition to those who must perform their job after the leave. It almost always comes back to haunt them at some point.

I cant judge players for skipping, but i like what Danny Kannel said when asked if Fournette should play the bowl game, "is he a member of the LSU football team? Then he should play"

players should get paid 2-3 thousand for these bowl games---coaches cash in with huge bonuses and players only get some chump change bowl gifts.

Players get rewarded for being good enough to play in the NFL. Coaches get paid so these kids have that chance.

I get it. But it's a bad sign for NCAAF imo. The playoffs are great, but they've pretty much made every other bowl game worthless.

This argument is made on TV a lot.
If the playoffs made the other bowls worthless, then what were they worth during the BCS era? Or, are we saying the last time the bowls were not worthless was years ago when multiple bowls factored into deciding who would be voted the champion?

Having so many bowls has cheapened the accomplishment of making a bowl, but I don't believe the four-team playoffs is making the other bowls worthless.

Thread was started before this was known for sure. So maybe, but not completely.

Was there ever a doubt he wouldn't play? If so, where was it posted?

I asked the same question as a "what if" in the Leonard Fournette thread. Then Freak started this thread.

Was there ever a doubt he wouldn't play? If so, where was it posted?

I asked the same question as a "what if" in the Leonard Fournette thread. Then Freak started this thread.

I read some them that way. If I misread, my apologies.😁

VN Store

Back