Would Ole Miss be a Signature Win

The "signature win" against SC last year was completely erased by the inexcusable loss to Vanderbilt a couple of weeks later. This year, we got the inexcusable loss (well, the first one anyway) knocked out early against the worst UF team to have come into Neyland in maybe 30 years. Will there be a "signature win" this year? Signs point to no.

That being said, I'm a Volunteer until I die, so I'm behind the team, win or lose. I just wish I could go to sleep and wake up when this nightmare is over.

Reactions: 3 people
A team thats 3-3 going on the road to a hostile environment playing the number 3 team in the nation. Is this a serious question?

Ole Miss is currently ranked number 3 in the nation. If that is not a signature win, what would be? Beyond that, what else matters? Not to be insensitive, but what you and the many others you refer to think doesn't really matter.

Sadly, even if we just happened to soundly beat Ole Miss this week, many will start saying they were way over-rated. It is a fickle world we live in. However, both teams have something to prove. I believe it could be one helluva game.

To the same, I could say it doesn't really matter what you and others think for saying it would be a signature win. Never said it wasn't. Just posed the question. #a$$

Butch beat the team that ended up number 4 in the country last season??? Doesn't he already have a signature win?

I feel like some people won't be happy until Butch beats Bama.

Hell no I won't be happy until we beat Bama. It kills me how many VN folks still just don't get it. If you can only win one game a year, beating Alabama is it, not Florida. If we went 1-11 each season for the next 20 years, but that one win was against Alabama, I'd take it.

A win this weekend or next would be upset of the year material. OM is a senior laden team with more experience at nearly every position. Freeze had the advantage of following a better coach than we had along with another strong class in recruiting.

Too many people on here are taking these losses way to personal. There is improvement as the blowouts are getting few and far between, but these next two weeks do not define our season this year. November is where the rubber meets the road and will show us our future.

VN Store

Back