Would a victory over Bama

True but any talk of our chances of winning that game was met with laughter by everyone, much like tonight's game.

True, but mostly media bias IMO.

We had an SEC championship team, but were not respected by the media or Miami.

We had already beaten #1 Auburn and Bo Jackson that year.

The talent gap between Bama and our Vols today is much wider.

Last edited:
:puke5:
Of all the low moments in the last 10 years, I think this is the worst for me. The idea of beating a team we play every year is now being considered the greatest upset in school history. This game use to mean everyone watching, all day tailgating or cookouts at home and your whole day revolved around it. Now it feels like we are going to a funeral.
:puke5::puke5::puke5:

You're exactly right. There's absolutely nothing to look forward to today. I didn't even watch the Ole Miss game so I should be excited to watch my Vols this week, but I'm not. The Florida game was it for me this year...

Seems to be a trend.

You're exactly right. There's absolutely nothing to look forward to today. I didn't even watch the Ole Miss game so I should be excited to watch my Vols this week, but I'm not. The Florida game was it for me this year...

Seems to be a trend.

Front runner mentality

Reactions: 1 person

Seems to be a trend.

I watched the ole miss game until it was 14-3 because it may as well have been 50-3. This offense is so painful to watch. The season virtually ended for me as well after the florida game. I'll be watching eagerly to see if we beat Mizzou or SC. Lose both of those and honestly I'll probably tune out the rest of the season. Call me whatever kinda fan you want but I just can't keep watching the team I love whip its own ass due to ineptitude. It's pathetic, it literally ruins my weekends and makes me sick at my stomach.

I watched the ole miss game until it was 14-3 because it may as well have been 50-3. This offense is so painful to watch. The season virtually ended for me as well after the florida game. I'll be watching eagerly to see if we beat Mizzou or SC. Lose both of those and honestly I'll probably tune out the rest of the season. Call me whatever kinda fan you want but I just can't keep watching the team I love whip its own ass due to ineptitude. It's pathetic, it literally ruins my weekends and makes me sick at my stomach.

Ineptitude is not a synonym for lack of depth & talent

Our OC is inept.

Possibly. Or maybe hasn't figured out how to put mismatched pieces together to run the offense against very good defenses.

We've looked good on offense 4 of 7 games.

The better defenses we've played have made us look very bad on offense. Injuries and lack of depth are showing up too.

Possibly. Or maybe hasn't figured out how to put mismatched pieces together to run the offense against very good defenses.

We've looked good on offense 4 of 7 games.

The better defenses we've played have made us look very bad on offense. Injuries and lack of depth are showing up too.

So on Oklahoma's GL do you think a 4-5 wide set and pass play was a good call? What about the usual delay hand off we always do, and it always gets stuffed, in our own end zone??? There have been numerous boneheaded play calls that have cost us dearly. This is NOT the big east nor is it NCAA 14 on play station. Our OC is not the man that will lead this offense to productivity.

I was one and a half in January 86 so I can't really argue too much with those of you who were around but... That Sugar Bowl was against 2 top 10 teams (#2 & #8). I don't see how it could possibly be a bigger upset than this would be.

It was more than just the win that made that game so memorable. All pundits were convinced Miami would roll over the Vols with ease. They were the rough, tough outlaw program that physically punished their opponents. And they were part right, a team did get punished that night, but it was the Vols that had the willow switch.

Seems to be a trend.

But I'm guessing if we make a bowl you'll come running back.

So on Oklahoma's GL do you think a 4-5 wide set and pass play was a good call? What about the usual delay hand off we always do, and it always gets stuffed, in our own end zone??? There have been numerous boneheaded play calls that have cost us dearly. This is NOT the big east nor is it NCAA 14 on play station. Our OC is not the man that will lead this offense to productivity.

Did you think a toss sweep on 4th and 3 to Jamal in the Swamp was a good call in '99?

Did you think the play at end of 1st half that injured Ainge's shoulder in '04 was a good call?

Did you think the QB run that injured Ainge's ankle in '06 was a good call?

All OCs make bad calls. Some have the talent to overcome their mistakes.

VN Store

Back