Worst UT football coach

So Pruitt sucked, nobody doubts that. But I don’t think we knew he was a cheater. He worked for many years for two prominent fellow SEC coaches; Saban and Jimbo.

Where do we think he learned all this? Why is it that those programs (Bama and aTm) never seem to be in the crosshairs.

Canning a coach is one thing, having to clean up after NCAA violations is a whole different level of trouble.

Dooley was worse on the field, and Butch was bad, but was able to stabilize by with a generational athlete at QB and a monster at DE.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Was Pruitt the worst UT coach and worst hire in the history of our football program? 16-19 overall record and 9-16 in the SEC and 0-9 against Florida, Bama and Georgia getting blown out in every game and the cherry on top getting rolled by Vandy and Kentucky.
Yes and you left out Ga St. and last second to BYU.

Your not dreaming lol he’s really gone for real.
tenor.gif

Dooley was worse on the field, and Butch was bad, but was able to stabilize by with a generational athlete at QB and a monster at DE.

Not true

Dooley as bad as he was never lost 6 in s row by double digits. Actually nobody had except for Pruitt. In over 100 years of football

Pruitt is by far the worst in my time

Not true

Dooley as bad as he was never lost 6 in s row by double digits. Actually nobody had except for Pruitt. In over 100 years of football

Pruitt is by far the worst in my time
Dooley inherited some decent talent and we were coming off a quick turnaround and there was no transfer portal for the early signees to opt out after signing.

Pruitt came in after the ugliest coaching search I’ve seen in recent memory. Butch left this program in terrible shape. I’m not an apologist, but Dooley was in over his head more than Pruitt. Dooley brought in some talent but couldn’t capitalize on it and Pruitt wasn’t dumb enough to not sign an OL in a recruiting class.

Pruitt also didn’t make the head scratching decisions and actually won a bowl game in his 2nd season. Neither Dooley nor Butch ever played a schedule like we did in 2020 without OOC games. Had they done that both the 2017 team would’ve likely finished worse than 3-7 and Dooley wouldn’t have had a winning season.

Yes. Easily. No other coach has combined lots of losing, the losses being massive blowouts and numerous serious NCAA infractions. Pruitt is in a failure category all his own at this point.

Reactions: igotworms
Dooley inherited some decent talent and we were coming off a quick turnaround and there was no transfer portal for the early signees to opt out after signing.

Pruitt came in after the ugliest coaching search I’ve seen in recent memory. Butch left this program in terrible shape. I’m not an apologist, but Dooley was in over his head more than Pruitt. Dooley brought in some talent but couldn’t capitalize on it and Pruitt wasn’t dumb enough to not sign an OL in a recruiting class.

Pruitt also didn’t make the head scratching decisions and actually won a bowl game in his 2nd season. Neither Dooley nor Butch ever played a schedule like we did in 2020 without OOC games. Had they done that both the 2017 team would’ve likely finished worse than 3-7 and Dooley wouldn’t have had a winning season.
Dooley and Jones were like a rollercoaster. Single games could have huge highs and then huge lows. I felt like under Pruitt we were like a broken tea cup ride.

Was Pruitt the worst UT coach and worst hire in the history of our football program? 16-19 overall record and 9-16 in the SEC and 0-9 against Florida, Bama and Georgia getting blown out in every game and the cherry on top getting rolled by Vandy and Kentucky.

I still have to go with Butch Jones. In spite of his record, he tried to burn the whole program down on his way out. That to me is worst thing any coach can do and drops them all the way to the worst coach ever for a program. Then when you add in the things he did behind the scenes it only makes him worse.

It will be sad if this ended up being a witch hunt by some alumni to get Pruitt out using nit picky issues to push for a Level 1 or 2 violations. Definitely would question our institutions integrity if that end up being the case. IF not, I'm fine with Pruitt being fired. Just wish it didn't happen now. This is almost the worst possible time to do this due to the one time waiver for transfers.

No. Butch Jones, IMO hands down, not even close. Pruitt's leaving some pretty good players behind. Next coach has a chance to come in and have some immediate success.

VN Store

Back