Worst game ever?

For me it’s not a bad loss resume wise, but the fact that if we had any kind of decent offensive production we likely win by 10 or more.
It's easy to say and not exactly entirely true because TTU could have dine things differently, but...

•If we just shoot 25% from 3, we win by a dozen in regulation.

•If JJJ doesn't blow a wide-open layup, we win in regulation.

•If Chandler's drive that should have been and and-1 isn't ignorantly called a charge, we win in regulation.

•If we hit one of the 8 missed FTs, we win in regulation.

•If we give ourselves a decent chance at a second look by getting any offensive rebounds, we have a shot in regulation.

However...if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

Tennessee will not face two better defensive teams this season than Texas Tech and Villanova.

We did not get many easy looks.

Tennessee struggles with half court teams which Villanova and Texas Tech are.

These losses will make this team tougher in the long run.

Reactions: GoVols15
We went to OT with a rested 7-1 team on a neutral court after playing at Colarado a few days ago. I’d call it a close out of conference game that’s not gonna hurt us on selection Sunday and was good experience for the team dealing with a team with that kind of length
Why do we assume this team is going to make the tourney? Because we have a PG that is supposed to be the 2nd coming? These are collegiate athletes, playing two games in 4 days is nothing. This team has an offensive identity problem and once again a close-out on three pointer defensive problem. Team is way too dependent on the three ball and it will lose them many more games this season.

Why do we assume this team is going to make the tourney? Because we have a PG that is supposed to be the 2nd coming? These are collegiate athletes, playing two games in 4 days is nothing. This team has an offensive identity problem and once again a close-out on three pointer defensive problem. Team is way too dependent on the three ball and it will lose them many more games this season.
The team will make the tourney. It won’t win a national championship. Sweet sixteen and I’m happy, anything less is a disappointment this year, especially considering last years tourney “run”

The team will make the tourney. It won’t win a national championship. Sweet sixteen and I’m happy, anything less is a disappointment this year, especially considering last years tourney “run”
Not feeling it this year, not impressed with this team 8 games in.

Tennessee will not face two better defensive teams this season than Texas Tech and Villanova.

We did not get many easy looks.

Tennessee struggles with half court teams which Villanova and Texas Tech are.

These losses will make this team tougher in the long run.
I think these losses have provided a clear template on how to beat this team.

Not feeling it this year, not impressed with this team 8 games in.
That’s your call, but i think if you’d asked anybody before, we’ve won the games people would have expected us to and lost the games they wouldn’t have. So far I’ve called each game right. Think we are over ranked at 13, we’re probably 20-ish

That’s your call, but i think if you’d asked anybody before, we’ve won the games people would have expected us to and lost the games they wouldn’t have. So far I’ve called each game right. Think we are over ranked at 13, we’re probably 20-ish
I think the media fell in love with this team because of Chandler and Fulky coming back.

Yeah but that was back whenever teams got a small lead and just held the ball until someone decided to foul. That was the whole reason the shot clock came about. It was poor sportsmanship.
Actually Temple pulled the ball out because they wanted Mears to abandon his 1.3.1 zone. Mears didn’t. So Temple just passed the ball back and forth.

Reactions: cardvolfan
We have some soft and overly dramatic fans. That wasn’t good, but I’ve watched a lot of basketball, and I’ve seen worse…quite a few times.

I've not. That was an eye-bleeder.

Then you haven’t watched much. I can give you a half dozen from Cuonzo alone just from our team. Just because some of his games may have scored a bit more than tonight, they weren’t any better. He even lost to Austin Peay. Tyndall had a 38 point game and two 49 point games. But other schools too.

People just get caught up in the now.

Look - there's terrible shooting in both games. Accuracy in MSG sucks so bad that donations for cancer are probably tanking.
Beat bama and ky and all is forgiven.

Then you haven’t watched much. I can give you a half dozen from Cuonzo alone just from our team. Just because some of his games may have scored a bit more than tonight, they weren’t any better. He even lost to Austin Peay. Tyndall had a 38 point game and two 49 point games. But other schools too.

People just get caught up in the now.

I've watched most games since the early 1970s. Either live or back in the day, the channel 2 replay at 11 pm. The low point total wasn't a record but I don't recall seeing two teams miss so many shots, and so badly, from all over the floor. I was actually laughing at the game tonight. It looked like the 3 Stooges playing basketball.

I've watched most games since the early 1970s. Either live or back in the day, the channel 2 replay at 11 pm. The low point total wasn't a record but I don't recall seeing two teams miss so many shots, and so badly, from all over the floor. I was actually laughing at the game tonight. It looked like the 3 Stooges playing basketball.

I’ll leave these here. This is just a sample size from our own school.

Tennessee vs. Georgetown - Box Score - November 30, 2012 - ESPN

Tennessee vs. Virginia - Box Score - December 5, 2012 - ESPN

Xavier vs. Tennessee - Box Score - December 29, 2012 - ESPN

Alabama vs. Tennessee - Box Score - January 10, 2015 - ESPN

Exactly what I said a few hours ago. Possibly the worst three point effort ever.

Villanova and Syracuse are playing almost as bad a game..The ball just won't fall on those goals

VN Store

Back