Worst Coach Ever?

You have to also keep in mind that in Kiffin's lone recruiting class only 6 or 7 of those players finished their career at Tennessee. Many left the program or were kicked off the team. Dooley inherited some of those guys.
Yeah. Those were all his decent players. He hardly recruited any SEC players that weren’t already lined up by Kiffin.

but but but .....we beat Indiana....so there
I think Pruitt may be better at player development, but at this point he's shown he isn't that great at game day coaching. Of course Butch made some awful game decisions as well. It is what it is when you hire lower level coaches

Were supposedly recruiting well and losing to teams that are not doing that well. The loss to Arkansas should tell us all we need to know were not a very good football team and the coaching is terrible.

Pruitt had at least two good wins his first year. Dooley never had a good one. But who cares. All three suck.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Butch will forever be the worst coach here. Especially worse than Dooley. Pruitt is still the coach and you can’t label someone the worst, or even best, ever until after they are gone.

Objectively I don't see how you can claim this. Dooley never had a winning and his most impressive win was against Cincinnatti. He went 1-14 in his last 15 SEC games, with the 1 win a narrow victory over Vandy in 2011 on a controversial call. And who can forget the 13 men in on defense in his 2nd or 3rd game that cost us a shot at upsetting LSU on the road (shot, hell, we would have won).

Butch on the other hand, as annoying as he was did put together a 10-game wins streak, back to back nine win seasons and two bowl victories. There is no comparison!

But for the OP, here is my worst to best:

1. Dooley (so bad)
2. Jones/Pruitt (tie)

About 3 weeks ago Pruitt was the best of the three and it wasnt even close. I am going to give him the rest of this season to avoid passing Jones, but for now I will call it a tie. Pruitt's first two seasons were better than Jone's. This one is worse, but isn't over yet.

My prognostication is that Pruitt will be firmly in 2nd early next season, if not before then, but we will see.

I would say Dooley and Pruitt are pretty equal as far as the two worst. Butch was slightly better record wise, and probably brought in better players overall, but Butch takes the cake for most annoying personality wise.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
I didn't read this entire thread, and I'm not ranking, but Butch did go winless in the SEC for the first time, Ever!

I think Pruitt may be better at player development, but at this point he's shown he isn't that great at game day coaching. Of course Butch made some awful game decisions as well. It is what it is when you hire lower level coaches
I respectfully disagree. I can't think of one player that has gotten better since he arrived on campus. Hell I think they are getting worse tbh. At least Butch does have a couple in the NFL. Granted, he did sit a very good RB on the bench until his last year

At this point Pruitt has the most impressive list of losses on his resume. And unfortunately I’m sure he will pad that resume before he’s mercifully canned.

Reactions: 7maxims

VN Store

Back