Worst Coach Ever?

At least Butch knew the skill level of his players and figured out a QB with legs would be better. Pruitt is still trying to mimic Bama with players that aren't on that level..

Reactions: DaUndergroundMan
We don't honestly know how good or bad Pruitt will be. He's a 1st time head coach. So far it's iffy for sure but better than Dooley for sure

I tried not to look, but I relinquished that idea after my second bourbon. Just what I imagined, bitching about our coaches and players. I will not try to defend JG’s performance, it was horrible. However, comparing Pruitt to butch or Dooley is foolish. He has stayed with JG to his loyalty. I’m sure Coach Fulmer knew what he was doing with the extension. The folks that loved Fulmer in the 90’s now curse his name. I trust his knowledge more than the intergeeks on here.

I tried not to look, but I relinquished that idea after my second bourbon. Just what I imagined, bitching about our coaches and players. I will not try to defend JG’s performance, it was horrible. However, comparing Pruitt to butch or Dooley is foolish. He has stayed with JG to his loyalty. I’m sure Coach Fulmer knew what he was doing with the extension. The folks that loved Fulmer in the 90’s now curse his name. I trust his knowledge more than the intergeeks on here.
7ef.jpg

Yes, we just had a terrible loss. But let’s not forget as of a few games ago we were on a 8 game winning streak. Things were looking up. We were recruiting and winning. This is just a minor setback. Let’s not get out the pitch forks, yet.

That win streak is looking more and more like fools gold. Also, it was against some fairly mediocre competition.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Dooley was worse between him and Butch, Butch at least tried. He was above his skill level though. Pruitt is climbing the wrong ladder, he can't beat out Kiff on the successful coach list.
Dooley's teams did show some determination. He almost won at LSU his first season and they were a few plays from going 7-5 or 8-4 his final season. They had some close losses his final season here. That defense in 2012 and hiring Sunseri at DC did him in.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Dooley's teams did show some determination. He almost won at LSU his first season and they were a few plays from going 7-5 or 8-4 his final season. They had some close losses his final season here. That defense in 2012 and hiring Sunseri at DC did him in.

Yes, all true, but he refused to go get talent, in a game where that's the biggest deal. That's why he's the worst imo.

HEY YALL............................WE ARE BLAMING COACH PRUITT. WRONG PERSON......THE QUARTERBACK COACH IS WHERE THE PROBLEMS IS. IN MY OPINION ANY POSITION COACH SHOULD HAVE RESERVES PREPARED TO TAKE OVER AT ANY TIME. NOT TO EVEN MENTIONING THE FACT A QUARTERBACK NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED THAT HE CAN RUN THE BALL WHEN NEEDED, MOBILITY IN THE POCKET CAN HELP ELIMINATE A FORCEFUL PASS RUSH,IN OTHER WORDS, DON'T STAND THERE AND GET DEMOLISHED, DO NOT STARE DOWN YOUR TARGET, THROW THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS WHEN NECESSARY, NOT TO THE OPPOSITION ! AND MANY MANY OTHER ATTRIBUTES OF (A FIVE YEAR EXPERIENCED QUARTERBACK) ANY STARTING QUARTERBACK. (pardon the all caps , eye disease ) I could ramble on for days , but absolutely no excuse for an experienced quarterback to keep doing these elementary antics game after game.

It’s easy to say Kiffin was the best coach since Fulmer but we also have to remember he inherited a Fulmer team that still knew how to play and had fight in them. The TN teams now just give up. No fight at all.

Yes, all true, but he refused to go get talent, in a game where that's the biggest deal. That's why he's the worst imo.
You have to also keep in mind that in Kiffin's lone recruiting class only 6 or 7 of those players finished their career at Tennessee. Many left the program or were kicked off the team. Dooley inherited some of those guys.

You have to also keep in mind that in Kiffin's lone recruiting class only 6 or 7 of those players finished their career at Tennessee. Many left the program or were kicked off the team. Dooley inherited some of those guys.

It's not who or what he inherited. He refused to recruit. Didn't know 5 star players in his own state, city. Didn't take an offensive lineman in an entire class. He. He was a failure. Not anyone else. Tennessee had guys wanting to come, grew up wanting to play there. He wouldn't even call them up and have a conversation, or a hello. At best he was an administrator who shouldn't have been coaching. At worst, he was an entitled brat living off his Daddy's name and Nick Sabans coat-tail.

VN Store

Back