Worst bowl season ever?

Notre dam needs to join the acc straight up or be banned from the playoffs.

If they were in the ACC we don’t get tonight’s crap fest.

Outside of that the games are as usual.

Big ten can’t hang with the SEC and there are too many bowls.
That’s what I’m saying. 40 bowls is WAY too many. What the bowl committee should do in the future is make a few of the bigger bowls part of the playoff expansion to help determine the true NC...and cut the rest down to maybe 10 who in their right mind is gonna watch 40 friggin bowl games? I’ll only watch the semifinal games and maybe the NC game if it’s worth watching...

Games have been, by and large, awful. Or, is it just my hangover from a lousy season for my Vols?
I've tried to watch a few but they were so bad, I finished binge watching "Peaky Blinders".
ND in the playoffs, is, as most expected, a joke. Should have been UGA. This is the second time the CFP laid an egg with ND. Will they ever learn not to reward a team that does not dominate when they play a weak schedule?
This year was a better case for going back to the old BCS system rather than expanding the playoffs. Only 2 teams should be playing each other. The CBF playoff really marginalizes all the other bowl games and it's showing by the lack of interest--by the fans and seemingly by many of the players.
The bowl season will continue to get worse as long as ESPN maintains a monopoly on those games. I'm a longtime cord cutter and I haven't watched a single bowl game this year.

Reactions: BUBear
In late August I would kick a puppy just to watch the orange and white game or any resemblance of football and now I cant bring myself to watch the playoffs. Probably a function of my team not in it and less of it being the weak bowl schedule.

It has been terrible. I know the Alamo Bowl between Iowa State and Washington State was pretty good but I didn't see it. Every game I have watched has either been poorly played and boring or has been a massacre. Still a lot of games left to play including the National Championship Game but not very many promising match ups. I expect Georgia to blow out Texas and Alabama to blow out Clemson... ditto for LSU over Central Florida and Ohio State over Washington.

Well, you could always Netflix's Traveler series. It's pretty good. Just saying.

Thought the same thing. The crowds at some of these bowls were pathetic. I’ve seen bigger crowds at pop warner games.
I dont care for the early start times either - several of them were at 11 am CT - just not interesting this time of the year

Reactions: BigBadVol
Living on the West coast really sucks for early games.
Really? I loved living in Central time because football started an hour earlier. I think it would be awesome to have football on at 9! If the Vols started at 9 or 9:30 you could watch the game and have all afternoon and evening to do whatever.

That’s because your team made the best hire of the offseason hands down. Meanwhile, we interviewed guys like Dan Doren
Florida always does their best to hire a good coach. I hate them but I’m envious of the fact that they actually seem to care about winning.

The bowl season will continue to get worse as long as ESPN maintains a monopoly on those games. I'm a longtime cord cutter and I haven't watched a single bowl game this year.
This

VN Store

Back