Worried that Hooker is like Dobbs.

Milton can run, he just doesn't necessarily want to at times. He also has a better arm than Hooker and he will be in the system for a third year come next season, so we get to see his progress when he starts the opener. I don't think there is going to be a huge drop-off between him and Hooker.

Milton is a noncontact football player. It affects everything he does on the field. The good news ? Hep will get the Milton out of his system when he loses big time at the Swamp next year if he hasn't been benched prior to that. The era of Nico then begins.

Milton is a noncontact football player. It affects everything he does on the field. The good news ? Hep will get the Milton out of his system when he loses big time at the Swamp next year if he hasn't been benched prior to that. The era of Nico then begins.
Good lord. We beat the Gators not even 24 hours ago and you're talking about losing the same game next year to get our hypothetical staring QB benched in favor of a kid still in HS? You need to go see someone..

I’ve been hard on Milton from the get-go, because I saw pretty much every down he played in Michigan. I had many discussions with my yankee in-laws about him, and we were all in total agreement that he shouldn’t see the field. This was way before I knew he was coming here. Then there was the play in the Pitt game when he let go of the ball to put both hands out to catch himself going down during a sack. I want to believe that he is putting it together since we may be riding with him next year. But I’ll have to see him do something against an opponent with teeth before I get any level of confidence. He’s been playing football a long time to still need so much work. I just don’t believe he has it.

We won games because of Dobbs getting out of situations where anyone else would have been sacked. You see the same thing with Hooker.

Just hoping we don’t have a fall off if we have to go to a QB that isn’t as dynamic of a runner.
Who was Dobbs coached by? And who is our present qb coached by? Dobbs is the better athlete but I have zero concerns under this coach. Sgt Carter sucked and had the talent to win in spite of himself.

The one thing I am not worried about is qb. We got 26 dbs on the roster and none of them are evidently worth a crap.

Reactions: vols 30
We won games because of Dobbs getting out of situations where anyone else would have been sacked. You see the same thing with Hooker.

Just hoping we don’t have a fall off if we have to go to a QB that isn’t as dynamic of a runner.
Worried about a “fall off” if the starting QB goes down? What is going on, we just beat FL to go 4-0.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
You gotta be trolling right? That or still drunk and forgot to go to sleep lol

Seems the time on the bench has helped Milton get the psychological clarity he needed to start playing up to his potential. I think he will be a great QB and mentor to the younger QBs next year.
I noticed at one point late in the 4th quarter yesterday, Milton was standing right behind Coach JH with his hands on Coach’s shoulder. Those guys love CJH.

Just mentioned that in another post. He's making this offense what it is. Nico, Milton, TJ...all are unknowns, but suffice it to say, none are presently at Hooker's level. Won't be surprised to see us take a step or two back next season...at least in the early part of it.
Hooker has his faults too - he’s not playing at the Joe Burrow level at lsu. This team is learning how to grow and win - it’s not just a qb.

Hooker looks so much like Dobbs when he's running, their build and mannerisms are similar, I called him Dobbs a time or two last night during big plays, lol, I like that tho, I always really liked Dobbs.

Be prepared then.

Why do you say that? Do you think the defense wont improve? Do you think CJH and company cant coach up a qb? Is that you think Napier is amazing and will bostrace us next year?

Or is it that you cling to negative outcomrs and can see and remember nothing else?

Need a better offensive line.

Recruit 4 & 5 star lineman.

Decision making matters a lot more than if the kid can scoot. Dobbs and Hooker are similar that they both keep their composure and lead. Both had several years experience too. I don't think you have to worry about that in a JH offense. QBs are going to be able to extend plays with their legs.

So many of y’all are hilarious. UT has been pretty bad at football for like 15 years. In all that time, there were probably three teams that were good or should have been good. Bray’s last team had a great offense and a truly pathetic defense. Dobbs’ junior and senior seasons should have been good teams but for Butch. UT just beat UF that beat Utah (lost to UK and struggled with USF) and it’s UF. Yes, UT is not perfect. Yes, UT has real issues. But UF always plays better against UT than any other team. Richardson, for example, made throws I doubt he makes again all year. It’s okay to recognize deficiencies and identify what else needs to happen to get to where we want to go but we also need to take some joy in a win over a hated rival and have some sense that we are making strides.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back