Workers are applying for jobs left and right, but hearing nothing back

I'm not going to work full time, I'll hand it off at some point but I can't imagine not working in some capacity. What would I do all day?
I suppose your work is your hobby then. Maybe if I owned my own business, I might feel more like you, but I didn't and I don't. Working for an evil mega corp will suck the lifeblood out of anyone.

Man I get this. In some capacity I think I will always work, maybe in more of a hobby fashion to some degree. But when all is said and done, I’ve come to the realization I enjoy working.

My granddad passed within a year or so after he stopped working the farm and to a degree I believe it was because he really didn't have a reason to get out of bed. I think that's why my dad is still working it at 75.

Reactions: allvol123
I suppose your work is your hobby then. Maybe if I owned my own business, I might feel more like you, but I didn't and I don't. Working for an evil mega corp will suck the lifeblood out of anyone.

I can understand that. I don't play well with others so it would kill me.

My granddad passed within a year or so after he stopped working the farm and to a degree I believe it was because he really didn't have a reason to get out of bed. I think that's why my dad is still working it at 75.

Completely know what you are saying. Seen it many times.

Reactions: hog88
My ex wife's grandfather had a small (150 acre) farm that he kept cattle on as did his next door neighbor. A couple of times a year they would get together and load up some cattle to take to the auction, they were both in their mid 90's when they finally gave it up.

You'll love it when you can turn off the alarm clock and let the professional meeting attendees know that they can kiss your ass.
Alarm clock? What’s that?

One of the benefits I already have from “working from home”. Turns out you can deemphasize a good bit of your morning personal hygiene ritual for zoom 😎

I've been doing basically the same job almost 30 years. Time for something different
I think my world is going to revolve more around my handicap and bass fishing. I’m not going to say I will turn down a part time gig, hell if they throw enough money at me I’d guess it’s hard to say no and that’s exactly what they’re doing to all my buddies retiring. But if I wind up doing that I’ll be a complete hourly hired gun for no more than 2 days a week, no more stupid nights, and no travel. I wouldn’t be willing to hire me with the conditions I’m gonna put on it… but who knows 🤷‍♂️

for me it's been a fight between being mentally over my job and recognizing I get paid a ton - so an opportunity cost argument to stay.

in the end, I'm lucky enough to have the money I need and my mental health will improve at least in the short term if I end this sooner rather than later.

I'm also in a situation with no kids or other beneficiaries in need.

that said, I'll dabble with part time opportunities if they offer enough entertainment value

Man who landed an interview with the same company that 'just FIRED him' trolls his former employer by turning up in a fake MUSTACHE - while live-tweeting the entire meeting

A man just revealed that he landed an interview with the same 'employer that just fired him' - so he turned up with a fake mustache on, and fooled almost everyone!

The man, who from the US and is known as @Firr on Twitter, is going viral, after he explained that a job recruiter coincidentally set him up with an interview with the company he had recently been let go from. So what did he do? He put on a disguise and went to the interview, and although it totally worked at first, let's just say things didn't end so well for him.

Man reveals he landed interview with same employer that just FIRED him so he went with fake MUSTACHE | Daily Mail Online

Man who landed an interview with the same company that 'just FIRED him' trolls his former employer by turning up in a fake MUSTACHE - while live-tweeting the entire meeting

A man just revealed that he landed an interview with the same 'employer that just fired him' - so he turned up with a fake mustache on, and fooled almost everyone!

The man, who from the US and is known as @Firr on Twitter, is going viral, after he explained that a job recruiter coincidentally set him up with an interview with the company he had recently been let go from. So what did he do? He put on a disguise and went to the interview, and although it totally worked at first, let's just say things didn't end so well for him.

Man reveals he landed interview with same employer that just FIRED him so he went with fake MUSTACHE | Daily Mail Online

That is sad and funny at same time. On all sides.

VN Store

Back