Woolridge

woolridge playing really doesnt bother me but, pearl and mcbee playing is a big problem. Neither one of them should get any playtime unless its mop up duty only

I disagree. Pearl seems to have really worked on his game. If he can quit with the bonehead mistakes I don't have a problem with him getting minutes. I really like his hustle. McBee on the other hand should never see the floor again.

Pearl plays great D against SF's. He deserves many of the minutes he plays. Woolridge, he has better size, but not as good at defense.

People tend to forget that we built our lead on steals and points scored by the group that had Pearl, Mcbee, Woolridge on the court against VCU. Then the starters came in and lost it because of no defensive intensity

He is longer than Pearl and so far is a better rebounder than Hall this season. He is long and can provide good d. He can also run very well for a big. If he quits jacking 3s he will be a good contributor.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ignorance.

Kenny Hall has fallen since last year.

He missed a good deal of practice with the hurt foot. Still he got more rebounds in the Belmont game than Pearl has all year. After the 7 rebound performance, Hall played 9 minutes in the next 2 games. That's not enough time to even get in the flow of the game. Folks talk on here as though Bruce Pearl's decisions are always logical and well thought out, but sometimes they are merely baffling.

Kenny should be back to form after Christmas, because of the foot injury.
Woolridge at least provides speed and length. Although, that's not saying much.
Mcbee is a defensive liability, below average shooter, and below average ball handler. Why is he on the floor? How is he getting almost 18 minutes per game?
McRae, like many freshman have had trouble adjusting to "college life", and isn't happy with his lack of playing time. He has had multiple arguments with basketball counselors over these issues. But I believe he will soon see more and more playing time.
Fields has been a huge surprise and is the perfect back up for Williams.
Maymon at worst provides us with a capable body. He should be able to help us with defense, rebounding, and 4-6 pts off the bench.

1. His hair
2. His new song - Orange / White

....both pose a good argument for a min of 3-6 minutes.

Fields has been a huge surprise? To who?

The Truth is that many of us talked about how great he would be as a backup C and are somewhat disappointed so far.

I am very happy about Maymon. I think he is much better offensively than people are giving him credit for. He was not a Mr. Basketball in Wisconsin and at one point a top 50 HS player because of his rebounding. He can score...He was playing center at Marquette which is why he became angry.

It will be interesting to see if Pearl ever goes real big when Maymon is here.

Goins,
Hopson
Maymon
Harris
Williams.

Long, long lineup. Maymon wants to play the 3 and the 4.

Fields is a beast. Much like L. Lohan on a Friday night, he's swatting balls as deep as the third row! If he's not swatting, then he's causing the shooter to alter his shot to the point of semi-retardation. That doesn't show up in the stat book, but watching the game you see how much of a positive it is.

This.

His addition to the lineup will make UT that much better. It will limit some of the liabilities.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Team unity has no price. Woolridge will get his 3-6 minutes no matter what, because he is a beast on the mic.

"Turn my snare up!"

Fields is a beast. Much like L. Lohan on a Friday night, he's swatting balls as deep as the third row! If he's not swatting, then he's causing the shooter to alter his shot to the point of semi-retardation. That doesn't show up in the stat book, but watching the game you see how much of a positive it is.

The beast will not be able to stay on the floor much if he picks up 2 fouls a game on free throws.

With the new school refs this season (which I hate) he will have to be careful if he wants to contribute as much as we all think he can.

Fields jumps at every pump fake and opposing coaches are going to be all over that deficiency in his game during scouting reports. He committed a lot of dumb fouls in this tournament and had the worst game of any Vol today (Woolridge a close second). Don't get me wrong, I like Fields and think he brings a good defensive dimension to this team as a shot blocker, but he needs to play smarter and not foul every time a player attacks him in the post. In fact, the majority of our players get out of position and jump at pump fakes, which is an absolute no-no defensively. Melvin Goins is an exception to this, instead of jumping at pump fakes he rips the ball out of people's hands when they hesitate. He is one of the best defenders I have ever seen.

VN Store

Back