Woolridge

TN-GAYTOR-HATER

I really do not see any reason that he should play unless we are having injury problems or foul trouble. If someone can inform of something that he contributes that pearl or hall cannot produce, I will be open to changing my opinion. Fire away!

He is longer than Pearl and so far is a better rebounder than Hall this season. He is long and can provide good d. He can also run very well for a big. If he quits jacking 3s he will be a good contributor.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He is longer than Pearl and so far is a better rebounder than Hall this season. He is long and can provide good d. He can also run very well for a big. If he quits jacking 3s he will be a good contributor.

Kenny Hall- 28 minutes played,11points,10 rebounds.

Renaldo Woolridge- 47 minutes played,8 points,7 rebounds.

Steven Pearl-54 minutes played,12 points,6 rebounds.

Pearl has one less rebound and is a better defender than Woolridge.

Hall has more production in half the minutes.

Sorry to say this but your argument stinks in this case

Than Woolridge? What games have you been watching sir?

When did hall get all those boards? I missed that.

I thought hall would be really good this year.

I do not think any of the 3 are bad. I have enjoyed watching all of them.

Fields and maymon I think will be better than all 3 and keep them off the court for the most part.

When did hall get all those boards? I missed that.

I thought hall would be really good this year.

I do not think any of the 3 are bad. I have enjoyed watching all of them.

Fields and maymon I think will be better than all 3 and keep them off the court for the most part.

Let me be clear here, pearl and hall are very average players. I just think that Woolridge is below average and does not merit the minutes that he detracts from those two. Have you ever heard of the lesser of the evils?

sit him down. i don't know why in the world we are playing 10 and 11 every game. i only hope that maymon has saome offensive game in him,. i think maymon's defense will be o k from what i've heard. 16 days and counting till we can get wiper boy off the court for the year. walker plays 37 minutes a game for u conn, why can't our players do that ? their will be time to rest after the season. i'm sorry, but i'm old school and a long time ago , players played 35 minutes a game and did just fine !! when i see mcbee, wiper, pearl and hall come in, i hold my breath. :no: :no: :no: just to add to this, if wiper had 10 % of his dad's talent, then he would deserve more minutes !!!

Last edited:
Pearl is not a good defender. He's not athletic enough to play at this level

Just exactly what have you seen from Woolridge that would make you think that he is a better defender than pearl?

Pearl is not a good defender. He's not athletic enough to play at this level

I felt like Pearl played one of the better games of his career last night. I would much rather have him in at this point than Woolridge.

They are both a huge liability on offense but Pearl makes up for it with his experience, he's a very smart player just lacks talent.

I felt like Pearl played one of the better games of his career last night. I would much rather have him in at this point than Woolridge.

They are both a huge liability on offense but Pearl makes up for it with his experience, he's a very smart player just lacks talent.

he does play hard, but just like the rest of this team, he blows too many layups. i have never understood how 6' 2" to 6"10" players blow layups !! :banghead2: :banghead2: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

woolridge is doing a better job on the boards lately, plus actually playing some half court D. he just need to tone down his jacking up the three ball. we need his length down low to get some put backs.

he does play hard, but just like the rest of this team, he blows too many layups. i have never understood how 6' 2" to 6"10" players blow layups !! :banghead2: :banghead2: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Agreed. But he made more good plays yesterday than bad, and I'll take that out of him for sure.

No reason Brian Williams should ever miss some of the layups he did, we'll need to clean all that mess up if we're going to beat Nova.

Like Gene Hackman in Hoosiers, Pearl should tell Woolridge to not even think about shooting unless he is wide open under the basket. It takes a lot of the drama out of the game. When he shoots, I KNOW IT'S NOT GOING IN.

Woolridge can score when he make his first three. Just like the Kansas game last year he gets hot and that's his only offense but he does have some good D.

Woolridge is not a better rebounder than Hall, nor a better defender than Pearl. He does provide length and decent interior defense, but I don't think he should be playing more than 5 minutes a game and I think he should be banned from ever shooting a 3 pointer again. Basically, he can help provide a break for Cam Tatum or T. Harris. He does not provide a major drop off on the defensive side of the floor. I think the coaches need to work on Woolridge cutting to the basket and scoring in the interior because he shoots a much higher percentage and finishes better in the paint. His 3 point shot is horrible if he doesn't make his first 3 (completely agree with the comment above). There was a 7 game stretch during the middle of last year when Woolridge shot 3/27 from the floor, it may have been 3/31, then he was benched for the rest of the year. Not only is that a glaring problem with the mechanics of his shot, but it's also a confidence problem.

I've been a big hater against S. Pearl his entire career because he commits stupid fouls and turnovers, but the guy has made it up by playing extremely solid defense, getting rebounds, steals and scoring 1 or 2 baskets a game. I definitely believe he deserves 5-8 minutes a game, which may change if Maymon is for real, but Pearl has been playing solid ball. He always makes up for his mistakes.

Last edited:
sit him down. i don't know why in the world we are playing 10 and 11 every game. i only hope that maymon has saome offensive game in him,. i think maymon's defense will be o k from what i've heard. 16 days and counting till we can get wiper boy off the court for the year. walker plays 37 minutes a game for u conn, why can't our players do that ? their will be time to rest after the season. i'm sorry, but i'm old school and a long time ago , players played 35 minutes a game and did just fine !! when i see mcbee, wiper, pearl and hall come in, i hold my breath. :no: :no: :no: just to add to this, if wiper had 10 % of his dad's talent, then he would deserve more minutes !!!

I have to believe Bruce isnt sure which guys to run out there for extended periods. I think we will see less players against Villanova.

Woolridge is not a better rebounder than Hall, nor a better defender than Pearl. He does provide length and decent interior defense, but I don't think he should be playing more than 5 minutes a game and I think he should be banned from ever shooting a 3 pointer again. Basically, he can help provide a break for Cam Tatum or T. Harris. He does not provide a major drop off on the defensive side of the floor. I think the coaches need to work on Woolridge cutting to the basket and scoring in the interior because he shoots a much higher percentage and finishes better in the paint. His 3 point shot is horrible if he doesn't make his first 3 (completely agree with the comment above). There was a 7 game stretch during the middle of last year when Woolridge shot 3/27 from the floor, it may have been 3/31, then he was benched for the rest of the year. Not only is that a glaring problem with the mechanics of his shot, but it's also a confidence problem.

I've been a big hater against S. Pearl his entire career because he commits stupid fouls and turnovers, but the guy has made it up by playing extremely solid defense, getting rebounds, steals and scoring 1 or 2 baskets a game. I definitely believe he deserves 5-8 minutes a game, which may change if Maymon is for real, but Pearl has been playing solid ball. He always makes up for his mistakes.

I agree with everything this post says...100% correct on all points...I echo this sentiment, hence the creation of this thread. Glad to see im not the only one that feels this way.

I have to believe Bruce isnt sure which guys to run out there for extended periods. I think we will see less players against Villanova.

he doesn't have to take all 5 starters out at one time, he could sub the other 5 a little bit at once. first sub would be golden because he does a pretty good job at the point. second should be fields for williams and then so on,b ut not for more than 6 or 7 minutes in real time not floor time. :salute: :salute:

The problem is that bruce puts swiper at the 3 instead of the 4 (where he should be). Last year when he came in at the 4 he was a solid rebounder but if he's playin the 3 he's out of position for rebounding. He has a very below average/ (and when good) inconsistent perimeter game so i thnk he should just play post. Any pts he gets should be easy buckets/tip ins. Pearl should not be in there at all but if he has to come in he should play the 3 cuz he's way undersized for a 4. He did play alright D against VCU tho but he is definitely a liability on offense.

woolridge playing really doesnt bother me but, pearl and mcbee playing is a big problem. Neither one of them should get any playtime unless its mop up duty only

I still dont get how Swiperbrick is getting playing time over Mcrae.Is Mcrae going to redshirt ?

Pearl and Woolridge are both pretty good defenders in relation to their offense. Pearl does not have a ton of skill, but he makes up for it by his positioning, hustle, and smarts. Woolridge is so tall and long, but quick enough to guard opposing teams' SF's which is to his advantage as he can alter shots or shut down the option to shoot on average size SF's because of that size and length.

The biggest difference between the two right now is that Pearl knows that he is not a threat offensively and therefore doesn't try to be something he's not on that end of the court. Woolridge never met a shot he didn't like and fancies himself an offensive player, which he's not. Pearl recognizes his offensive deficiencies and Woolridge is oblivious to it.

VN Store

Back