Woolridge over McRae

Personally I could find an argument for either player to be in the rotation or not. What is clear cut is McRae seems to have more potential and appears to be a better outside shooter which we desperately need. I would like for McRae to be the back up instead of woolridge simply my point just was there was positives about woolridge. With that said I really don't understand why mcrae doesn't back up Scotty and woolridge back up tatum and knock Mcbee out if the rotation. I think right now that is out best option and I hope pearl take that route.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree with Renaldo over Jordan for right now. Maybe Woolridge has his dad's gene that makes him awesome at basketball after his sophomore season. Who knows, if Renaldo takes advantage of his minutes in the early season, he could be rolling nicely by the time we get Maymon, therefore we have an even stronger lineup. Also, I would expect McRae to decently improve by the middle of the season. That kid is aggressive and determined. No doubt he'll be a great Vol.

I think the fact that McRae started over Woolridge in the first exhibition game with Tatum out, suggests that he was ahead of Woolridge through the preseason. I think Woolridge proved during the two ex. games that he has passed McRae, at least when the lights come on.

Coach Pearl obviously believes that this is the case now.

Yeah, I mean it's not we should be questioning the coaching or the team after our latest game.

yeah, i mean it's not like we should be questioning the coaching after the last 5 seasons because of one preseason game. i'm worried that he's lost all of his coaching acumen

Every season's different, and you never know how the outside distractions are affecting him.

Pearl must be basing this strictly off experience. I'd rather see McRae starting over Woolridge. I wouldn't base too much on those exhibition numbers when you got a kid straight from highschool putting up similar numbers to your highly recruited / ranked vetern that seems to jack up every possible bad three he can. With his size, I really thought Woolridge would put some weight on and be a force inside instead of taking those bad shots. I think McRae is more athletic and will be a far better player in the future.

O yeah, those threes against Kansas were just horrible.

Jonathan Crompton was good in practice too and we saw how that one turned out. McRae has to produce on gamedays and right now he is a Freshman. Woolridge should be in the rotation right now. We have 2 players out due to injury and one not eligible yet. It will change by the time conference play gets here.

I just saw the 10 man rotation and it seems like everyone is freaking over over this decision. However I think this is a very smart move. Here are there stats from the first two preseason games.

Woolridge- 14pts. (6/13 From the field, 2/7 From 3) 11 Rebounds (8 Offensive) 4 Assist, 2 Turnovers

McRae- 11pts. (4/15 From the field, 1/7 From 3) 8 Rebound (1 Offensive) 4 Assist, 4 Turnovers

I think its obvious to go with Woolridge for now. I think McRae will be a great player for us in the future but you have to go with who is hotter right now. What are some of yalls opinions?

Season hasnt started yet.. plenty of time to play with the rotations and find what works best

Since he hit threes in one game last year (Kansas), I don't see how we could possibly keep him out of the rotation.

What? The last nine games of the season last year he had as many points 5 as DNP's.

Last edited:
No one's saying that either are Lebron James. You have to play the cards you were dealt.

Since he hit threes in one game last year (Kansas), I don't see how we could possibly keep him out of the rotation.

I never said he was the greatest player ever. He can be very inconsistent and didn't contribute at all during the end of the season. But he has contributed before. He should be in the rotation however because at the moment, McRae is not completely ready even though he has tremendous potential.Tennessee has a better opportunity to win with Woolridge in the rotation(at the moment based on the exhibition games) even though things may change as the season goes along. By the way, neither one of them might be in the rotation by the time that Maymon is eligible and Hall is healthy.

I think that Mcbee might be favored because we're thin at pg.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back