woolridge out

tom4rrt

This tells me 2 things. 1 - we must be alot deeper than i thought or 2 - woolridge needs to pick up the pace. Im really shocked that a player with his size and talent cant make a 10 man rotation. Im going to keep a possitive attitude and go with #1 . Im really juiced about this team. :good!:

He would rather rap and live off of his daddys fame then try and make it into this rotation. He has no heart and should not be playing at the university of tennessee.

I think it has part to do with his wrist injury, part to do with himself, and part to do with how deep we are. Pearl said yesterday that Woolridge was competing with S. Pearl for the 4 spot behind Wayne and Tyler :ermm:

What I don't understand is why he is apparently incapable of driving to the hoop. He would rather jack up three's when he has had a size and speed advantage over both exhibition teams we've played.

good i am glad pearl saw what i saw out of woolridge....nothing!

i dont think his mind is on b-ball

Well i watched every game last year and he didn't impress me once.....I wouldn't even think hes a good practice player since he does ride on his dads coat tails probably and definately seems to be into his street cred with Rapping moreso then TENN BASKETBALL. He's from Cali right? Different mindset out there......hey man pass me the blizzunt and check this verbage. I may be speaking too harsh but he jus seems to be a huge bust now considering the buzz he got when he came to UT.:cool2::dunno:

Last edited:
I wouldn't call him a bust yet he is only a sophomore, but he really needs to step it up. hopefully he will respond well to the challenge bruce has presented.

Based on the exhibition games, he should not be in the rotation. So far he has shown nothing that would make you think he is ever going to contribute to the team.

He played like crap in the exhibitions. His 3's bare hit rim, shot an air ball from the freethrow line, etc. He shouldn't be in the rotation.

Barring any injuries, and complete collapse of Hall or Williams, Woolridge has seen his last significant minute at the University of Tennessee.

A good coach will issue challenges to make you a better player and person. This is no exception. If he cant cut it, he can expect to get no minutes. I believe Bruce sees potential and feels this is the best way to get a positive reaction. If he doesnt meet the challenge, its on Woolridge.

Barring any injuries, and complete collapse of Hall or Williams, Woolridge has seen his last significant minute at the University of Tennessee.

Considering the amount of players that will not be here next year, I think you are a bit premature. He was a guard in high school and when he hit his growth spurt, he was able to win match-ups based on his size. There is an adjustment to be made. Renaldo will have to learn to play in the paint. Players do not change their games overnight. It is way to early to give up on a guy that has three years of eligibility left.

Considering the amount of players that will not be here next year, I think you are a bit premature. He was a guard in high school and when he hit his growth spurt, he was able to win match-ups based on his size. There is an adjustment to be made. Renaldo will have to learn to play in the paint. Players do not change their games overnight. It is way to early to give up on a guy that has three years of eligibility left.

Yea considering what he decided to work on more during the summer heading into his 2nd season gives me complete confidence in stating that Renaldo Woolridge will not play a significant role at UT.

Players do not change their games overnight.

You mean Renaldo can't understand how to play physical overnight, but he can record a 16 track album overnight?

I'm glad someone mentioned this because I was fixing to make the same point. He has to be slow at maturing (mentally) and I think that has a lot to do with what has happend at UT since he arrived. From being ranked 'decently' high in HS, basketball family, and knowing he should be contributing early to riding the pine and then getting shut out again, it has to mess with his ego. He shows promise so hopefully he matures and learns so he can contribute.

He seems to have no hands for accepting the ball in the post. His guard skills seemed to greatly evaporate with his growth. This guy was a point guard in high school---what happened?

Woolridge early odd-man out in Pearl's rotation GoVolsXtra

From the article...."Basketball, however, is Woolridge's first love, so he has put his artistic talents on hold while dedicating himself to his sport of choice."

The guy also has had some injuries. The ball is in his court. If he does not adjust, Pearl could very well recruit over him and you might be right. Still, there is no reason to give up on a player who has the physical tools and only been here for one year.

Woolridge early odd-man out in Pearl's rotation GoVolsXtra

From the article...."Basketball, however, is Woolridge's first love, so he has put his artistic talents on hold while dedicating himself to his sport of choice."

The guy also has had some injuries. The ball is in his court. If he does not adjust, Pearl could very well recruit over him and you might be right. Still, there is no reason to give up on a player who has the physical tools and only been here for one year.

he needs to be redshirted, IMO

I love it when it needs to be clarified that a basketball player at a major division 1 school's first love is basketball. Can't get any better than that for a team looking at making a deep run in the tourney. Especially when that player/rapper's music absolutely sucks and would be better suited for Kidz Bop Commercials.

Jeez, cut the guy some slack. I still think he's a classic case of a late developer. He was still growing into his sophomore year of college and has a completely different type of body than his previous set of skills had been used for. We are talking about a kid who was a guard his whole life and is now pushing 6-10. I do wish we could have redshirt him because I think it will take him time to adjust to what he has become, but there is potential in Woolridge and I'm not so eager to give up on the kid because he isn't producing as an underclassman. We'll see what happens in the next couple of years.

It would be sweet to see him bulk up about 20 lbs of muscle and create a nice paint game. And share minutes with Pinkston at the 3 (wishful recruiting thinking) :D

Last year when UT played in the tourney in Dayton, they practiced at my old HS Arena and I was able to attend the practice....Woolridge was playing lazy at one point and Pearl sat him on the bench and gave him a piece of his mind. Woolridge replied to two other guys on the bench,"Why does everything have to be so perfect,DAMN!" Pearl glared at him.

I really think he is one of those guys that will grow up and find himself as a bball player in the next two years but right now he's just immature and it's not the most important thing to him.

VN Store

Back