Woodson's attitude trending positive

Just watched it, there's nothing there man. That's Woodson being used to going against Carmichael or Moore in practice, you fire off the block and put and elbow into the chest of the opponent. If appeared the other guy thought it was 2 shots and was caught off guard, that's why it looked as bad as it did. Didn't see the player complaining to the ref, and definitely didn't see Dom talking $hit. He said something to the player, but the guy didn't react negatively, for all you know Dom said my bad man.
The player absolutely complained to the ref immediately after it happened. Then during the next shot Dom turned his head to him and started saying something. Your are right, he could have been appologizing to him. I didnt take it that way. It made me pay attention to his attitude after that. And to me, He just had that blank no expression look on his face the whole time. He didnt look like he would congratulate his teammates when they done something good but others told him good job after he scored. He just reminds me of a Demarcus Cousin that aint that good. Again, I hope im totally wrong about him... And I probably am. Wouldnt be the 1st time.

Last edited:
The player absolutely complained to the ref immediately after it happened. Then during the next shot Dom turned his head to him and started saying something. Your are right, he could have been appologizing to him. I didnt take it that way. It made me pay attention to his attitude after that. And to me, He just had that blank no expression look on his face the whole time. He didnt look like he would congratulate his teammates when they done something good but others told him good job after he scored. He just reminds me of a Demarcus Cousin that aint that good. Again, I hope im totally wrong about him... And I probably am. Wouldnt be the 1st time.

Too early for concern IMO. The coaches will clean this up in practice and the film room. CDT is known for not having attitude issues on his teams.

In the highlight video he went crazy when Mostella had his dunk, maybe you wanna check it out.

I think its kind of just his demeanor on the court. He looks mad when it is probably mostly focus with a little bit of "you don't wanna mess with this". I did see him pumped running back down the court after Stella's yam. I didn't see the game but have played with guys like that.

I also watched him last yr with the kittens and he didn't have any Demarcus Cousins in him those games.

Last edited:
I've been around enough basketball to know that these types of antics are "head games". Players do little nagging things on the court to get into the head of the opponent to get their mind off the ball. How do we know the Pikeville player didn't say a slick word to Dom?

Dom is a baller and he's gonna "mean mug" :mad: his opponent. He ain't trying to hand out lollipops on the court. I don't think we have to worry. CDT will adjust any attitude problems from any of the players.

Reactions: 2 people
I dont like the attitude myself. Anybody else see what he did at the 1:42 mark, just before the half.... during the pikeville 1st free throw attempt. I wish i knew how to mske a GIF of it. I know the players are not angels, but this guy looks like a cancer to me. I hope im wrong because we could use him.

:lolabove::loco:

I would like to get him to about 270, but his conditioning has improved and his attitude is fantastic."

direct quote from CDT! Find something else to troll about!!!

This might just be my preference. But I like the "bad guys" on the court. I don't want my big guys Kenny Hall soft. I want the other players they are going against to be intimidated. Do you remember the Piston teams in the early 90's? They weren't the most talented team (they did have HOF Isiah Thomas) but the rest of their players were tough and didn't take any crap on the court and won a lot of games. Teams did not want to play them. They got in their heads.

Now I don't want him going on the court looking for fights or looking to curse other players out. But I want to see him get into the game and show some fire.

Relax my friend Dom will be fine. I have watched Dom plenty of times live while playing for Memphis and he backs his team 100% giving them love and praise even while he was a bench player. I like the comparison with him and Demarcus Cousin, that's worked out well for Demarcus and I hope it works out well for Dom also. I think after you watch him play a few games, you will like what he brings to this team.

Reactions: 1 person
Was it BOP that said that? I can't remember. Can't wait for his triumphant return following our first loss.

I believe so. Made a whole thread on it and then the very next game Stokes goes and gets 15 and 15 or something. Lol

"He is not where we need him to be or want him to be yet, but he has made a ton of progress," Tyndall said after the exhibition. "I think the biggest thing I can say about Dom is that he went from a guy that had the right approach and attitude about two out of three days, or maybe four out of every six days, to a guy that has been pretty consistent. He has maybe had one bad day out of the last three weeks. So, because of his approach and mentality, he is getting better."

..."His conditioning has improved and his attitude is fantastic," Tyndall said.

After dropping more than 25 pounds, Memphis transfer Dominic Woodson earned start in exhibition - GoVolsXtra Story

If it wasn't on ESPN Sportscenter's highlights it didn't happen

I swear people will find literally anything to complain about. Unless he's getting called for elbows above the shoulder, all is good with using the elbow on box outs and defense.

I swear people will find literally anything to complain about. Unless he's getting called for elbows above the shoulder, all is good with using the elbow on box outs and defense.

The people complaining obviously never played. Elbows, especially sneaky ones that aren't dirty, are a part of playing strong in the post at the college level.

If he's a good teammate idgaf how dirty he is. Throw a bow. Make your 6'10 280lb presence known.

Jarnell Stokes got called many times on using his elbows at the line. He's gotten flagrant fouls in the past for accidentally hitting other player's faces.

Jarnell Stokes got called many times on using his elbows at the line. He's gotten flagrant fouls in the past for accidentally hitting other player's faces.

And picking players up off the ground wrestling for the ball :)

Sounds like the people complaining about Derrick Barnett for his antics in a high school game last year.

VN Store

Back