Wonder Woman (June 23, 2017)

It was a good movie and I enjoyed it, but I don't think it is crazy to say it is getting bolstered by the fact that it is the first superhero woman movie, especially from a critics standpoint. I mean the most recent Ghostbusters got good reviews and I haven't personally met a person who said they enjoyed it. And as far as top 3 or 4 all time, it wouldn't be in my top 5 for the last 15 years. For me it would be behind Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy, the Tobey McGuire Spiderman movies (1 and 2), Dr. Strange and the Avengers just off of the top of my head. I guess what I'm saying is I think you are both somewhat right :)

If this was all about being the first female superhero hype. It would have lost money like Ghostbusters.

It most certainly wouldn't be closing in on $300 Million domestically and $600 Million worldwide.

Reactions: 1 person
If this was all about being the first female superhero hype. It would have lost money like Ghostbusters.

It most certainly wouldn't be closing in on $300 Million domestically and $600 Million worldwide.

I mean Avatar made almost 3 billion and it was blue Pocahontas. This next transformers movie will probably bring in its usual billion plus and those movies are pretty much garbage.

I mean Avatar made almost 3 billion and it was blue Pocahontas. This next transformers movie will probably bring in its usual billion plus and those movies are pretty much garbage.

It amazes how the transformers movies keep going. Who pays for a movie ticket to watch that crap?

It amazes how the transformers movies keep going. Who pays for a movie ticket to watch that crap?

China loves the Transformers movies....Either the last one with Shia LaBeouf or the first one with Mark Walburg is the highest grossing movie in Chinese history.

Took my entire family to the 3D IMAX today. We all thought it was great. GG absolutely nails the WW character, nice action footage, and really a pretty strong story/message for a Superhero movie.

I'm quite surprised at the negative comments here. Maybe they just think Gadot is ugly?

Reactions: 3 people
:lolabove: :no:

This should qualify for dumbest post of the year!

You have obviously not seen the film. It's getting the praise because its a great film! Period!

I think its probably in the top 3 or 4 of best Superhero films of all time. IMO

It reminds me so much of the original Chris Reeve Superman film and like that film from now on regardless of who portrays Wonder Woman on the big or small screen they will be compared to Gal Gadot. I was not a fan of her casting for BvS but in that and most certainly in this she owns the role and brought Wonder Woman off the pages to life!

I was with you until the "top 3 or 4 best superhero movies of all time". I definitely disagree with that.

Took my entire family to the 3D IMAX today. We all thought it was great. GG absolutely nails the WW character, nice action footage, and really a pretty strong story/message for a Superhero movie.

I'm quite surprised at the negative comments here. Maybe they just think Gadot is ugly?

Her bio is incredible... She was in the Israeli Defense Forces for 2 years (this is why so many people are giving this movie a 1 on IMDB) and she was Miss Israel shortly after turning 18 and then competed in the Miss Universe Pageant in 2004. She also modeled professionally while starring in the Fast and the Furious franchise. She and her husband, a real estate developer named Yaron Varsano owned a luxury hotel in Tel Aviv which they sold in 2015 for $26 million. And if all of that is not enough, she rides a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R motorcycle.

Wonder Woman sounds about right.

Her bio is incredible... She was in the Israeli Defense Forces for 2 years (this is why so many people are giving this movie a 1 on IMDB) and she was Miss Israel shortly after turning 18 and then competed in the Miss Universe Pageant in 2004. She also modeled professionally while starring in the Fast and the Furious franchise. She and her husband, a real estate developer named Yaron Varsano owned a luxury hotel in Tel Aviv which they sold in 2015 for $26 million. And if all of that is not enough, she rides a black 2006 Ducati Monster-S2R motorcycle.

And she's had 2 kids and part of the filming of WW she was pregnant.

If they do, they are either lying or seriously need their eyes checked.

Despite all that she seems really down to earth in interviews which makes her that much sexier.

She said she was about to give up acting before getting the WW role. She said it was getting too hard on her family keep traveling to LA for auditions only to be runner up for role after role.

Reactions: 2 people
I like her. A lot!

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back