Wonder Woman 1984 (Christmas Day 2020 )

Patty Jenkins said no way is she letting this go straight to streaming, she says it belongs in theaters.

Jenkins is the best thing to happen to the DCEU, they should have given the whole thing over to her before it was too late.

May want to rethink this. This movie was boring, and I'm so thankful I didn't spend money to watch this snoozer.

Reactions: tnhunter 10
Big dc fan and the first ww movie is a top 5 comic book movie for me but wish they used a better plot. Really confusing especially the last half. Thought the actors especially gal and pascal did a really good job given the movie they were in. Patty burned a lot of goodwill among fans with this movie and don’t think wb should push to get her back for a third film if she is focusing on Star Wars now.

Big dc fan and the first ww movie is a top 5 comic book movie for me but wish they used a better plot. Really confusing especially the last half. Thought the actors especially gal and pascal did a really good job given the movie they were in. Patty burned a lot of goodwill among fans with this movie and don’t think wb should push to get her back for a third film if she is focusing on Star Wars now.
I still don't understand how WW got her armour.

I started watching it last night after the kids went to bed. This was like a cross between an unfunny Bruce Almighty and a Thor sequel written by a 4th grade girl. Yesterday was a great day with the family, but this movie was the absolute worst thing about the day. It was almost so bad it was good.

Reactions: joevol33
I'll say this also, Kristen Wiig looked good in this.

Movie was complete garbage, lol. Once again, leave it to DC to completely screw something up.
First WW was great. Tried too hard for Ragnarok feel. It wasnt.

I haven't watched it yet. I want until it's released on 4K Disc unless I go to the theater.

This is a interesting take.

Their are a lot of similarities to Superman 1and 2. Honestly felt like I was watching those. I actually liked the movie it wasn't as good as the first but It was a good movie full of lots of pop culture references and a really good Easter egg which I won't spoil for anyone. Overall it was slow in some parts but not as bad as some are making it out to be. Will definitely be adding the steelbook to the collection

Reactions: NEO and ENGRVOL
It was a terrible, terrible product. It had interesting character-actors (Pine, Gadot) which were severely underutilized and a story that didn't need to be told which couldn't hold my attention amid the glut of meaningless action-lite sequences. Gadot had no solid footing to stand on and be... Gadot. Pine was checked out the entire movie.

Which villain is the villain? The one who doesn't actually want to do anything bad and never seemed to comprehend anything around him in the slightest? - yet wasn't menacing as a madman?... or the desperate cat? Wiig is more than capable... not sure what the heck happened there.

For what it's worth, I would rather have seen a film/story in which Gadot was given the tools and support to stand on her own as a leading-lady/attraction. She deserves it, and the franchise deserves it, but it seems the executives felt that Pine had to be brought back to draw the numbers. The entire franchise would probably be better off if someone else had been cast in his place to begin with. I say that meaning - he is TOO good in that role, his characters are always too likable. He was too strong of a presence beside Gadot in her first big, leading role.

All of that aside. Without the historical WWI background, the entire film felt exactly like the first 15 minutes of the first film - where accents were atrocious and acting was ... lacking. In both cases, I've seen the actors involved perform incredibly in other roles, so it was not a capacity issue.

It will make money, and they will make another one. I hope that Jenkins is either given complete control without any strings - or - if that is what happened in this film, I hope the is given the opportunity to move on. I am so glad that I did not pay extra $$ to see it.

oh... and in 1984, if someone dropped a revolver on the floor in our mall, the closest person would've said, "Hey man, you dropped your revolver." That scene was certainly a 2020 projection

Reactions: Jackcrevol

VN Store

Back