Woke companies are crazy

The part that stuck out to me was the governments role should it exist is to protect the individual from harm...so when Biden mandated the vax for
businesses, then didnt local (state) government, like Desantis did have the right to protect the individual from the harm of the Biden mandate...or am I off base
You are mixing up things. Biden was forcing the private sector to establish a mandate. That is where the issue is.

Again, if a private entity chooses to have a mandate on their own, I think they have that choice.

You are mixing up things. Biden was forcing the private sector to establish a mandate. That is where the issue is.

Again, if a private entity chooses to have a mandate on their own, I think they have that choice.
I know he was forcing the private sector, therefore i fringing on an individuals rights....if its not ok for government to do so, why is it ok for businesses???
According to the definition I posted, the government should protect individuals not businesses....they are not the same.....so it seems to me that its ok to infringe on an individuals rights as long as it businesses owners as opposed to the government...then we as society pray that those businesses remain ethical (which they won't)...

Reactions: DonjoVol and 1vol8
I know he was forcing the private sector, therefore i fringing on an individuals rights....if its not ok for government to do so, why is it ok for businesses???
According to the definition I posted, the government should protect individuals not businesses....they are not the same.....so it seems to me that its ok to infringe on an individuals rights as long as it businesses owners as opposed to the government...then we as society pray that those businesses remain ethical (which they won't)...
The argument to be made is that you have a choice to either stay with that employer or leave... assuming we have an open and free labor market. However, if an employee chooses to leave and there are no other alternatives for them to find employment due to govt coercion or collusion amongst employers, then that is another issue.

And you have a point that "rights" should only be extended to individuals, not businesses. I get it. But again, in an ideal laissez-faire economy, companies should be able run themselves how they choose.

Conservatives need to have a serious conversation about what me and you are going back and forth on. The danger I see right now is that fascism or cartelism can be a fly in the ointment with regards to how businesses are run if govt is influencing them (fascism) or they are colluding with each other (cartelism).

Reactions: whodeycin85
The argument to be made is that you have a choice to either stay with that employer or leave... assuming we have an open and free labor market. However, if an employee chooses to leave and there are no other alternatives for them to find employment due to govt coercion or collusion amongst employers, then that is another issue.

And you have a point that "rights" should only be extended to individuals, not businesses. I get it. But again, in an ideal laissez-faire economy, companies should be able run themselves how they choose.

Conservatives need to have a serious conversation about what me and you are going back and forth on. The danger I see right now is that fascism or cartelism can be a fly in the ointment with regards to how businesses are run if govt is influencing them (fascism) or they are colluding with each other (cartelism).
My feelings is that each level of power should be keeping each subsequent level in check with the end goal of individual rights above all else. So basically DC would handle foreign affairs/trade etc, while making sure that local (state) governments handle local issues and so on a so forth all while keeping individual rights above all else, businesses (maybe a seperate set of standards/rights) would then be run in a manner that coercion is watched and a rights are not infringed upon. We have no checks and balances system which we need, and a focus on individual rights above all

We have no checks and balances system which we need, and a focus on individual rights above all
This is why I have been saying that there needs to be a discussion had on the right regarding this issue. Individuals have rights, not businesses. Ideally you want to have a laissez-faire economy. But in practical terms, that may not be fully possible if we have to safeguard against things such as this. And this is where you introduce the thin edge of the wedge into the affairs of business and you can create another set of problems.

This won't be anything easy to work through.

Reactions: whodeycin85
This is why I have been saying that there needs to be a discussion had on the right regarding this issue. Individuals have rights, not businesses. Ideally you want to have a laissez-faire economy. But in practical terms, that may not be fully possible if we have to safeguard against things such as this. And this is where you introduce the thin edge of the wedge into the affairs of business and you can create another set of problems.

This won't be anything easy to work through.

The people that own businesses have rights and they don't give them up simply because they started a business.

Reactions: allvol123
The people that own businesses have rights and they don't give them up simply because they started a business.
Yes they did. To an extent. During business hours they are no longer an individual but an entity and operate as such. Within those hours and under that roof, it is against the law to discriminate against employees and clientele. Once those doors shut for the night, Mr. Whitey can say and do what whatever he wishes. He can say “Ain’t no black man allowed in my house” but he can’t say that about walking through the doors of his business. Ever heard of the joking term “if you fall off that ladder, you’re fired before you hit the ground!”? Why does that joke exist? It’s because as a business, you’re liable for employee injuries and the ENTITY gets sued. Not you. However, do the same job that said employee falls after hours as a favor, and everything changes. YOU can now be sued.

The point is, no you don’t lose individual rights but you do have more rights as an individual than you do as a business. Here’s another example. You have a right to shoot anyone unknown and uninvited to your house. Why would you not have the same right in your place of business? Because things change while operating as an entity.

I have been against boycotting companies. However, I have to admit the more this occurs the more I am starting to think differently to deal with these radicals, ESG, and their supporters on the other side of the aisle. If the conservatives pick one company to boycott and show the power of their purse then maybe other companies would think differently. That way a company can make an informed decision of their approach measuring financial and non-financial factors.

I have been against boycotting companies. However, I have to admit the more this occurs the more I am starting to think differently to deal with these radicals, ESG, and their supporters on the other side of the aisle. If the conservatives pick one company to boycott and show the power of their purse then maybe other companies would think differently. That way a company can make an informed decision of their approach measuring financial and non-financial factors.
I kind of agree with you. I'm tired of playing nice. I no longer will purchase my Corona premier. I never cared for Nike stuff anyway but I will make sure I will never purchase it again. If UT swag is Nike, sorry UT. My new beer of choice is Yeungling Flight. Please no one dig up dirt on Yeungling.

VN Store

Back