WNML

VolunteerNut

I'm so done with them it's not funny. Every show has torn down HB for hitting the TP. Ainge is the biggest disappointment of all because he sang praises after the spring game and then tears the kid down. Talks about arm strength, calls him dumb and can't run this offense. Ainge isn't the expert he thinks he is and Eric Cain couldn't evaluate a QB if he even tried. Ainge himself said HB had the best spring and was high on him but he does a 180 and basically calls him trash? Funny how his arm strength was fine in spring and now he doesn't have any? I love hooker as our starting QB, love him but would take HB over Milton any day even if he can't run.

While Ainge was a great QB at UT, how dare him say a sophomore isn't fit to run an offense when he played as a freshman and made freshman mistakes but HB never knocked himself out by running into a goal post vs LSU or lost a SEC Championship game with a stupid INT,. I'm just sick of how WNML is attacking this kid. SICK. Flame away and I'll listen to TB from now on. Done with the animal and Ainge.

Ainge has been saying for a long time that HB wasn’t even close to being a starter. I don’t think he’s saying anything different. Ainge said the other day that there was a season or two where even he probably shouldn’t have started. Ainge is pretty up front about things.

I'm so done with them it's not funny. Every show has torn down HB for hitting the TP. Ainge is the biggest disappointment of all because he sang praises after the spring game and then tears the kid down. Talks about arm strength, calls him dumb and can't run this offense. Ainge isn't the expert he thinks he is and Eric Cain couldn't evaluate a QB if he even tried. Ainge himself said HB had the best spring and was high on him but he does a 180 and basically calls him trash? Funny how his arm strength was fine in spring and now he doesn't have any? I love hooker as our starting QB, love him but would take HB over Milton any day even if he can't run.

While Ainge was a great QB at UT, how dare him say a sophomore isn't fit to run an offense when he played as a freshman and made freshman mistakes but HB never knocked himself out by running into a goal post vs LSU or lost a SEC Championship game with a stupid INT,. I'm just sick of how WNML is attacking this kid. SICK. Flame away and I'll listen to TB from now on. Done with the animal and Ainge.
Calm down mr Bailey.. I think the problem people have with it is he’s quitting on his team in the middle of the season.. that is a problem for any team I’ve ever been a part of

You can fight it all you want, but the facts are real. Harrison Bailey was passed up by two coaching staffs for a reason. I have heard from several that his arm strength isn't there for big time power 5 football. Did you not see him towards the end of The Tennessee Tech game? He was in the middle of a series and looked completely gassed and lost, the offense is way too fast for him. He is not fit to run this offense and his decision making is very questionable. Bailey could be good at a lower end D1 school or a superstar in D2. The reality is that a decent number of 4 and 5 stars in high school don't pan out all the time. I wish Bailey the best, but he should've never quit on his team during the middle of the year.

Harley Blakely can throw a football over a damn mountain. He gonna be the next great thang! Just wait and see.

Calm down mr Bailey.. I think the problem people have with it is he’s quitting on his team in the middle of the season.. that is a problem for any team I’ve ever been a part of

Mr Bailey? really? You wanna go that route?

This kid was never given a chance. In his 7 games he played in and only started 3 threw for over 573 yards. Put this kid behind the 1st team OL and lets see what he does but it never happened. He played mop up. This kid could have left early but chose to stay and was never given a chance and anyone who talks about his arm strength is nuts. The kid showed in in the O&W game and Ainge went on and on about him but then trashed him out this week. Done with sports animal and Ainge is a liar plain and simple.Loved him as a QB at UT but done with the show.

Mr Bailey? really? You wanna go that route?

This kid was never given a chance. In his 7 games he played in and only started 3 threw for over 573 yards. Put this kid behind the 1st team OL and lets see what he does but it never happened. He played mop up. This kid could have left early but chose to stay and was never given a chance and anyone who talks about his arm strength is nuts. The kid showed in in the O&W game and Ainge went on and on about him but then trashed him out this week. Done with sports animal and Ainge is a liar plain and simple.Loved him as a QB at UT but done with the show.
I'm willing to wager he never becomes anything close to what you think he will become. The kid quit in the middle of the year dude. I guess you think it's okay to quit. Quitting has never been acceptable. When **** gets tough, you gotta get better. Period.

I disagree that he is quitting in the traditional sense that this hurts the team, rather he is doing what is best for him, which is probably what most of you would do as well when actually faced with it. He is not contributing here and apparently never will.
There are 4 games left and hopefully a bowl game. He certainly wouldn't be here for a bowl game and the only shot of him playing, barring both Hooker and Milton going down, are the SA and Vandy games.
May as well pack it in now and try to find another home.
I had high hopes for HB and hate that it worked out like it did. I think he can be a good player in a system that is right for him.
I don't know what is current attitude is but I would imagine if he thought this was going to hurt the team he would not do it.
He committed to UT and stuck with it throughout two coaching changes. He's done his time.

TB had a level take. Two staffs passed on the young man. He clearly either isn't able to perform, or does not fit the system in place.

That said, this was his best move, and we all hope he kills it at his next school....so long as it isn't against Tennessee!

That was my take, and its TB's take. Good show.

I disagree that he is quitting in the traditional sense that this hurts the team, rather he is doing what is best for him, which is probably what most of you would do as well when actually faced with it. He is not contributing here and apparently never will.
There are 4 games left and hopefully a bowl game. He certainly wouldn't be here for a bowl game and the only shot of him playing, barring both Hooker and Milton going down, are the SA and Vandy games.
May as well pack it in now and try to find another home.
I had high hopes for HB and hate that it worked out like it did. I think he can be a good player in a system that is right for him.
I don't know what is current attitude is but I would imagine if he thought this was going to hurt the team he would not do it.
He committed to UT and stuck with it throughout two coaching changes. He's done his time.

I agree, but people want to tear him down. This is his future not theirs, I think that falls short on others. My offer is GROW UP!

Reactions: amorange
"Grow up", the one who makes entire thread just to whine. Got it.

You didn't like the kid, got it. You wanna tear others down that did, got it. Wasn't a whine just tired of the media tearing the kid down. What would you do if you had his talent and wanted to play pro ball? Stay at a school you'd never get playing time at or find a school where he fits? There's no whine just tired of the knoxville media ripping the kid.......

Reactions: amorange
I guess what I don't get is him transferring now instead of at the end of the season. There is truly no reason. If he sticks it out, maybe he actually gets to play due to injury or whatever. It's not like he was preserving his redshirt or something, he's only played in one game.

IMO To To quit on his team....he was a two year starter that quit.....Bailey was a 3rd string QB that was behind Milton that has proven he can not play and runs out of bounds when the heat is on....I wish HB all the best...

And how is it some posters say HB has been passed by two staffs when HB started the last 3 games of the 2020 season and did this over JG....Maurer....Shrout.....All this being a true freshman with no Spring.....no Summer.....missed half of camp and didn't start getting snaps with the ones until Pruitt decided to start having Sunday evening scrimmages well into the seaon...

Last edited:
IMO To To quit on his team....he was a two year starter that quit.....Bailey was a 3rd string QB that was behind Milton that has proven he can not play and runs out of bounds when the heat is on....I wish HB all the best...

And how is it some posters say HB has been passed by two staffs when HB started the last 3 games of the 2020 season and did this over JG....Maurer....Shrout and Hooker was also on the team.....All this being a true freshman with no Spring.....no Summer.....missed half of camp and didn't start getting snaps with the ones until Pruitt decided to start having Sunday evening scrimmages well into the seaon...
He quit. Nobody has any guts or try anymore. "Oh damn I'm 3rd string. I'll just enter the transfer portal instead of working my ass off and beating the other 2 out."

And how is it some posters say HB has been passed by two staffs when HB started the last 3 games of the 2020 season and did this over JG....Maurer....Shrout and Hooker was also on the team.....All this being a true freshman with no Spring.....no Summer.....missed half of camp and didn't start getting snaps with the ones until Pruitt decided to start having Sunday evening scrimmages well into the seaon...
Yeah, Hooker wasn't on campus when Bailey got his time in.

Reactions: whodeycin85
You didn't like the kid, got it. You wanna tear others down that did, got it. Wasn't a whine just tired of the media tearing the kid down. What would you do if you had his talent and wanted to play pro ball? Stay at a school you'd never get playing time at or find a school where he fits? There's no whine just tired of the knoxville media ripping the kid.......
I had no issues with the kid from the view from my couch, which is the exact same view you have. I also have no issue with Heupel seeing the kid every day and realizing that he's not good enough (or not working hard enough) to get the job done.

VN Store

Back