WNBA/Training Camps/ Pro LVs

Of course. But because women's sports have been relegated to niche position in daily sports coverage meetings run by sexist males for as long as there have been sports coverage meetings, they've never been given equal opportunity to succeed.
You must really hate men continuously calling them sexist and so on.

You must really hate men continuously calling them sexist and so on.
they aren’t calling all men sexist, they’re referring to the ones who actually are who run sports media. if you haven’t seen sexism across sports, you’re living under a rock.

Reactions: Lucy
they aren’t calling all men sexist, they’re referring to the ones who actually are who run sports media. if you haven’t seen sexism across sports, you’re living under a rock.
I live under a rock then I watch the games to hell with the political part

Women’s tennis, gymnastics and figure skating prove otherwise. They’ve all established themselves as popular sports in their own right…or maybe the patriarchy just permitted women to support them?

The popularity of women's tennis did not just happen. It was a battle, you might google on Billie Jean King vs. Bobby Riggs among other sources. It took women's tennis about 110 years to attain some semblance of equality when Wimbeldon offered equivalent prize money:

What Women's Tennis Has Looked Like Through History, Because Women Have Been Part Of This Sport From The Beginning

How women's tennis won

Also, every argument used against the WNBA not having a good enough product -- the pro men play faster, with more comparative skill and strength can be applied to pro women's tennis. So, it does make for an interesting comparative case

Denying inequality or refusing to see its obvious expressions is a political act.
Whatever I enjoy sports every sport that I can see.If they got women's Volleyball on TV I watch it don't sit and think those sexist men are not showing golf I roll with the flow

Charli Collier and Emily Engstler were both waived today. Charli was the #1 pick two years ago, and Emily was a top 4 pick last year. Charli was kind of a bust, but it's unbelievable that Emily got waived again after putting up 11 pts and 8 rbs in 13 min. I'd be shocked if another team doesn' snatch her up.
Engstler has a high motor but she's a tweener who isn't big enough to play the 4 spot full time and doesn't have the offensive skills to play the 3. Indiana reached to picked her at 4 when she wasn't projected to go that high. Indiana has a tendency to reach when it comes to drafting players outside of a top 3 pick

In response to your comments regarding Brea Beal, South Carolina may the same ESPN hype like UConn does but they don't have WNBA clout like UCONN does to keep their fringe players in the league.

Last edited:
This is how WNBA tries to pull viewers by putting Brittany Griners return as first Televised game of season. Publicity stunt

Whatever I enjoy sports every sport that I can see.If they got women's Volleyball on TV I watch it don't sit and think those sexist men are not showing golf I roll with the flow

Hmm didn't you just post this statement a few comments ago?

You got me I don't pay attention to WNBA it doesnt keep my attention kinda like watching the grass grow.

You doth protest too much.

You are spending a lot of time bashing a league you "don't pay attention to." And now, in another post, you are complaining about the WNBA featuring Griner's return on their opening day game slate (hmm, kinda sounds like you ARE paying attention).

Well, 1) why do you care?; 2) why the heck wouldn't the WNBA do that? Their entire 2022 season was devoted to the cause of freeing BG. It would have been really odd not to give her the prime time slot.

Since, Tucker Carlson has been booted by Fox News, maybe you should use this new found free time to reflect on the ideological axes you are so obviously grinding.

Last edited:
Reactions: FanSincethe5th
Aces @ Storm, 3pm EST today on ABC

I'm predicting Seattle to be hot garbage this season but I would like to see how Jordy plays, and how Mercedes' recovery has come along. Candace should have a better performance against Seattle than she did against New York in the preseason game too. The Aces bench is just as worrisome this year as it was last year, and Seattle just looks depleted all around after losing Bird and Stewart.

I also recognize that the purpose of this thread is to discuss whether the WNBA is worthwhile/fun/financially solvent/should exist, etc, but I'm just gonna talk basketball here. Hope the debate team doesn't mind!

No, the thread got hijacked. It went from the announcement that Rennia was cut to well... Thanks for returning to the actual topic.

I remember posters saying Evina Westbrook was overrated and wasn’t in the league while Burrell made it now it has turned around the other way. just goes to show you how things can change hopefully Rae gets another chance to prove herself

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I watch women’s volleyball and women’s beach volleyball as well.
So I have been wondering, you refuse to engage in an “argument” with women on here. You purposefully chose small/minuscule uniform women’s sports to watch. Are you intimidated by confident women or do you feel women are just inferior and unworthy of your respect/equal treatment?
Let me just add, I feel confident there is not a woman who posts on here who wouldn’t more than hold their own with you.

Reactions: madtownvol
I remember posters saying Evina Westbrook was overrated and wasn’t in the league while Burrell made it now it has turned around the other way. just goes to show you how things can change hopefully Rae gets another chance to prove herself
Westbrook didn't do well in Phoenix's debut last night, against an LA team that they, in theory, should have been on par with. Diggins is out (and preventing them from signing a hardship contract) plus Cunningham and Gustafson are injured. I think they should've kept Kayanna Traylor, but we'll see how it goes.

On the other hand, Zia Cooke was looking like a lottery pick last night. Crazy efficiency, extremely impressive minutes off the bench. Should start over Clarendon or Canada imo.

Westbrook didn't do well in Phoenix's debut last night, against an LA team that they, in theory, should have been on par with. Diggins is out (and preventing them from signing a hardship contract) plus Cunningham and Gustafson are injured. I think they should've kept Kayanna Traylor, but we'll see how it goes.

On the other hand, Zia Cooke was looking like a lottery pick last night. Crazy efficiency, extremely impressive minutes off the bench. Should start over Clarendon or Canada imo.
I think this is a little premature. We’ve seen this Zia at SC, but we’ve also seen her struggle a lot. Phoenix’s guards aren’t that great, eager to see how she plays against the Aces in their next game.

Traylor was in Chicago, but who knows, maybe Phoenix will pick her up on hardship.
Getting Harden and Traylor mixed up, cringe. And this is getting worse for me with time...

But yeah, they need to pick someone up but I don't think they have the money for it since they are paying for SDS at the moment. Griner and Taurasi played better than I thought they would, despite the loss.

Seattle need a center after loosing Breanna. Atleast someone who can score up to 20 pts a night or else they'll be going down down. Horston will really improve, but Mercedes always stay in her level.

I know it’s the first game of the season but I don’t think anyone will beat LV this year! Gee whiz!

Yeah, they’re ELITE! They did that without Becky on the sideline and Riquana Williams who’s a key bench player.

I think they’ll have some bumps in the road, but right now, it’s hard to see any team beating them in a 5 game series.

VN Store

Back