WNBA DRAFT

Where does Rickea land?

• Indiana

• Los Angeles

• Chicago

Results are only viewable after voting.
Clark, Rickea, and ?
Ya know, no GM with a first round pick would dare pass on Caitlin Clark because that would forfeit a billion dollars in merch sales and PR. But, in my completely unbiased opinion, I would take Rickea first. Her game (and body) will translate much more quickly to the WNBA (particularly if her 3 point shot continues to develop). I have no doubt that Clark will be a great pro but what she faced against Raven Johnson will be an every night thing in the W. She will have better teammates around her but I think she is still going need a season or two to adjust, and get stronger much like Steph, and in a win now league, Rickea looks like the faster pay-off player. When Rickea was fully healthy, which I think was about half of her games this season, she was averaging 25 pt. 10+ rebounds per game, doing most of her damage in the paint, with opponents throwing everything they had at her.

Fr so mean.. This was 100% a Yo favor so she could go…
One of the starters on Baylor's 2005 championship team was invited to attend the draft, and was the next to last person drafted. So much nervous laughter from the poor girl. I do think Marquesha will eventually get drafted, but she's gonna be alone in that room for a good bit while everyone else is off celebrating.

Ur crush is embarrassing
I just have nothing but respect from someone that had the odds stacked again them from where they grew up, and beat the odds by climbing to the moun top to become a Champion. Yes I crush on Champions because they get it don’t when it matters most, unlike the crushes u and the media glorify.

You’re not actually fixing the problem. Maybe making it worse.. needs a total new release…

Yet people bash our players 🙃
I don’t bash, I tell their flaws. She’s working on her flaws, I would like to see the same from our players.

You’re not actually fixing the problem. Maybe making it worse.. needs a total new release…

Yet people bash our players 🙃
You see plenty of bigs in the WNBA with this kind of release. Typically, defenses will sag on a post at the top of the key because they want to cover passing lanes and dare the post to shoot. You would much rather have Angel shooting threes than going up at the rim.

But if a post can can indeed hit the 3 at a reasonable rate, defenses will play tighter which means "the big" then passes to an open player or, if they have skill which Reese does, drive to the rim.

It is a win-win if a post player can keep defenses honest with a 3. Angel's release does not have to be "Klay Thompson perfect" to accomplish the goal.

Glad that she's putting in the work, it's a hideous shot that she likely won't be expected to attempt in the W but I always support players adding elements to their game. Gabby Williams comes to mind as someone who successfully learned (relearned) the skills for a height-appropriate position.

VN Store

Back