WNBA Draft

I think Burrell is a huge talent that really needs the most work on the mental game of basketball. She could do so much more for a team if she didn't try to do so much on her on.

I agree. And while I know getting "only" to the Sweet 16 isn't the standard the Lady Vols sign up for, given that it has been a while since they've gotten this far and that they did it on Rae Burrell's watch, my hope is that some of the pressure has been relieved for her. Her senior campaign will end on a higher note than any other graduating senior's ended in a long time, and that's something to be proud of.

Now that the Vegas native is finally playing with house money, maybe she'll be less inclined to press and can let the game come to her.

LadyOrange, have you seen any mentions of Alexus Dye in any WNBA scuttlebutt you're reading/hearing? I keep thinking that pro scouts are surely taking note of how huge she comes up for her teams at exactly the times she's needed most. IMO she's a Top 10-level draft pick.

I also think that if and when Snoop is drafted it will stick in the minds of future portal prospects that Tennessee is a good proving ground destination if those prospects are interested in trying to play pro ball.

I'd love for Jordan Walker to at least get a training camp contract, too. I believe she'll easily get a pro contract overseas if she's up for the travel.

LadyOrange, have you seen any mentions of Alexus Dye in any WNBA scuttlebutt you're reading/hearing? I keep thinking that pro scouts are surely taking note of how huge she comes up for her teams at exactly the times she's needed most. IMO she's a Top 10-level draft pick.

I also think that if and when Snoop is drafted it will stick in the minds of future portal prospects that Tennessee is a good proving ground destination if those prospects are interested in trying to play pro ball.

I'd love for Jordan Walker to at least get a training camp contract, too. I believe she'll easily get a pro contract overseas if she's up for the travel.

I think she’ll get a look during camp for sure. If she could improve her defense she could be an Alana Beard type player IMO. Possibly a better scorer though.

She also handled the ball more at Troy. It wasn’t uncommon for her to take it coast to coast. Something we have not seen Kellie have her do.

Speaking of overseas contracts, has the madman Putin's actions likely ended the Russian women's leagues? NOT that that is what anyone is, or should, be worrying about at this time, but it just crossed my mind and I wondered what others thought.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I think during the regular season, Snoop wasn’t sure of her role. She knew she was brought in to score, but with Horston turning it on like she did, I’m not so sure Snoop had enough time to figure out when to take charge. So, maybe WNBA scouts see her ballin out in the tournament but remember she was not nearly as impressive during the regular season. She might go overseas for a year, prove herself, and get a WNBA contract?

I LOVE Walker’s game. She exudes confidence. I wish she had been at UT all four years.

Speaking of overseas contracts, has the madman Putin's actions likely ended the Russian women's leagues? NOT that that is what anyone is, or should, be worrying about at this time, but it just crossed my mind and I wondered what others thought.
Good question.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
No WNBA player should trust playing in Russia after this Griner incident. its too risky knowing that you can be set up for political gain against this country

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98

VN Store

Back