WNBA discussion thread?

Been thinking about our always hustling, always dogging big rebounds, jumping-high-like-she's-on-a-trampoline dynamo guard Jasmine Powell today. I don't even know if she wants to play pro ball, but if she does, I sure hope some WNBA team gives her a training camp contract.

Before anyone starts downing her and listing all the reasons why she wouldn't make a roster, please consider that getting a training camp contract could give her some leverage in getting noticed and maybe signed to play outside the U.S.

Let's lift her up and think positively for our Jaz, another proud LVFL. 🧡

I’m no guru on WNBA, admittedly have watched almost zero of that league, but I expect to watch some this year for the first time, hope I enjoy. Seems like the Indiana team will be televised a bunch, I get that btw. Hope they do well. I’m not sure I will ever be a big WNBA fan, but I am willing to try this year….i love the college game above all else..

I’m no guru on WNBA, admittedly have watched almost zero of that league, but I expect to watch some this year for the first time, hope I enjoy. Seems like the Indiana team will be televised a bunch, I get that btw. Hope they do well. I’m not sure I will ever be a big WNBA fan, but I am willing to try this year….i love the college game above all else..

The key to becoming a regular viewer the WNBA is to watch enough games to get to know some of the players. Lots of people tune in for one game, early on when they've only had 3 or 4 weeks together as a team before the season starts, see some early-season sloppiness, and then throw their hands up and proclaim the WNBA is no good.

Ya gotta give 'a little time to gel, and like I said, ya gotta get to know the players a little to begin to really pay attention and appreciate what they can do. 👀

🔥

The key to becoming a regular viewer the WNBA is to watch enough games to get to know some of the players. Lots of people tune in for one game, early on when they've only had 3 or 4 weeks together as a team before the season starts, see some early-season sloppiness, and then throw their hands up and proclaim the WNBA is no good.

Ya gotta give 'a little time to gel, and like I said, ya gotta get to know the players a little to begin to really pay attention and appreciate what they can do. 👀

🔥
Ty for that, I will try this year for first time ever…

She truly is a phenomenon. We may never see anything quite like this again.

View attachment 635178
I remember rolling into Jacksonville shortly after Trevor was drafted. Saw numerous billboards announcing The Savior.

Grateful the anticipation for CJ Stroud was measured locally here in Houston. So many variables that first year. So many rookies to include the HC.

Reactions: madtownvol
Have to give Cardosa some credit too. Actually, I'll bet alot of it is bc they’re both there. Soon as they were drafted morons blew up Twitter with an anticipated inter-team cat fight.
Does Reese get any credit for the draft number or is Clark the only reason like her fanbase says?

Have to give Cardosa some credit too. Actually, I'll bet alot of it is bc their both there. Soon as they were drafted morons blew up Twitter with an anticipated inter-team cat fight.
I mean USC and LSU had 2 of the biggest fan bases so ofc! I think the quad of UT, Iowa, LSU, and USC really threw the draft over the edge @DarkPhoenix

Awwww, this just popped up. Some of you younger posters may not even recognize many of these WNBA players from the past, but oh my goodness, every one of them was amazing.

Gosh, those were good times watching the league back then. 🥹

It was a double edged sword. The players were humble and had heart, but the product was a bit rough around the edges and hard to watch at times because the talent wasn’t quite there. Then you have the modern WNBA where the talent has grown, but so have the player egos and hubris. But like you, I prefer the old days as well.

VN Store

Back