With Vols, Jahmai Mashack wants to 'prove a lot of people wrong'

kamoshika

Such a likeable kid; love his energy and passion for the game.

ON WHAT HE LOVES ABOUT THE GAME OF BASKETBALL
“It all started with my dad, watching him play and seeing the experiences that he got. I wasn’t there, I wasn’t born when he was in prime. But just seeing some videos of him when he was playing, watching him live when he was older. That’s probably really what sparked my love for the game. Then as I’ve gotten older, instead of just loving to play the game, I love to watch the game, analyze the game. I love the details, the ins and outs of the game. Seeing where players get their spots, seeing what tendencies players have.

"I think that’s the reason why I’m also a great defender, because I love studying players. I love studying games. I love studying tendencies. That, to me, is exciting. Basketball is a deep game. There are layers. So many layers. And I think for me, as far as wanting to grow skill wise and in athleticism, I also want to grow with IQ. Getting to know this game on a deeper level. I think the fact that there is still more layers I can get to is exciting. And that love is strong. All I need is me, a basketball and a basketball court and I’m good. That’s that love. I think that’s what it started off with. My dad and trying to figure out those layers as I get deeper into the game.”

ON HIS UPCOMING MOVE TO TENNESSEE
“I’m excited. It’s going to be a new experience. I can’t wait to get to know a lot of the people there. I’ve already talked to some Tennessee fans. Oh my gosh, they’re amazing … it’s the best feeling in the world. I always was a college (sports) guy, just loved the college atmosphere. But the love I got from Tennessee fans, all the support, it’s amazing. I know it’s going to be unreal when I actually arrive there.”

With Vols, Jahmai Mashack wants to 'prove a lot of people wrong'

Last edited:
Wow, Barnes has a real knack of getting high IQ/character/talent guys.

Too bad that isn’t the narrative instead of CRB is failing to keep a handful of mistakes (not talking about EVERY transfer) from leaving after being unable to take advantage of their opportunities.

Wow, Barnes has a real knack of getting high IQ/character/talent guys.
Yes he does...just listen to the interviews of these young men. Admiral S./Grant could have been analyst when they were freshmen. I’d say a very small % of current NBA players could do that. And most all the ones he’s recruited since are from the same clothe. Not only are they tons of fun to watch play ball but are very interesting to hear interviewed!

VN Store

Back