With Harsin likely staying as a dead man walking...

jvols1999

thevolunteerclub.com
Big opportunity for Vols to make a move with CB Ethan Nation (who loves the Vols but has AU slightly ahead right now) and to position themselves as the non-Bama option for AL prospects DL Keldric Faulk and DL Tommarion Parker (who I know also likes UGA a lot).

Him getting canned *might have* shaken things loose with some of their current roster, including the two JUCO DBs they beat us for and maybe Tank Bigsby, but that was no guarantee. And who knows who they might have brought in that could've taken their recruiting to another level.

If he does in fact stay, we should be able to take advantage of them on the trail in 2022 before he almost inevitably gets canned.

Big opportunity for Vols to make a move with CB Ethan Nation (who loves the Vols but has AU slightly ahead right now) and to position themselves as the non-Bama option for AL prospects DL Keldric Faulk and DL Tommarion Parker (who I know also likes UGA a lot).

Him getting canned *might have* shaken things loose with some of their current roster, including the two JUCO DBs they beat us for and maybe Tank Bigsby, but that was no guarantee. And who knows who they might have brought in that could've taken their recruiting to another level.

If he does in fact stay, we should be able to take advantage of them on the trail in 2022 before he almost inevitably gets canned.
Not one of our top 2 targets!

If they were going to fire him they'd have done it this week. If he wins 8-9 games this year he's definitely not going anywhere. They'd be on the hook for like 40 mil in buyouts

Respectfully disagree. For one, his buyout goes down by a full year's worth by giving him another season. Secondly, his roster sucks and they likely aren't winning 9 games. And finally, there is clearly a large and powerful faction that doesn't like him and will be looking for any chance to get rid of him the next time around.

Respectfully disagree. For one, his buyout goes down by a full year's worth by giving him another season. Secondly, his roster sucks and they likely aren't winning 9 games. And finally, there is clearly a large and powerful faction that doesn't like him and will be looking for any chance to get rid of him the next time around.

AU will for sure be looking for CAUSE for sure. They will need a lot more decks to be built if they cannot dig some up.

Right or wrong, first tier recruits are now going to shy away from Auburn, more players will leave in the spring, up and coming assistant coaches will not go there. Not a recipe for success. Administration probably figured the damage has already been done for this year and would be better served if they waited until Next year to make the HC change,

Good that the Football Gods have shifted their focus to Auburn, and seemingly away from UT. Going to be tough sledding to post the kind of season Aub folks will want to give him momentum. 2 easy victories, lead to Penn St at home...but then the SEC W gauntlet + UGA. 6-7 wins will keep people digging to find reasons to fire him. All this dysfunction feels a little too familiar.

2022 Football Schedule - Auburn University Athletics (auburntigers.com)

I think the only reason they didn't fire him is because they couldn't fire him with cause. They seemingly don't want him, but 18 million is a lot for anyone (plus hiring a new coach at this point in the year would be very strange). I would be shocked if he's not gone by the end of the year. The situation there is untenable for both sides honestly.

I figured once they passed that rule saying If u didn't cooperate with investigations,u basically would be fired.Im sure they did more interviews/investigation on him and he had to cooperate or risk being fired for cause.Im assuming it isn't anything serious,being he still employed but does make u wonder what's really going on.

*I'm not sure about the rule thing,they could have passed that after the fact to advoid another Harsin down the road.I just figured they could do as many as they want and that way he's forced to cooperate or get fired...Jmo

It was all rumor mill without hard evidence. Plus can you imagine them firing him for cause for allegedly having an affair and then hiring Kiffin or Freeze?

I haven’t seen his contract, but seriously if he could be fired for cause (and have that cost him $20 million), then he needs a new lawyer.

VN Store

Back