With Butch being back on the sideline...

Start throwing your rocks if you like, but I actually always kind of liked Butch. Seemed like a good guy--I just hated that 'individual' schtick he always used. Sounded illiterate. Obviously, he was in over his head, but he would never have found that out if he didn't try...lol.

Reactions: TrentVol
After everyone boos him, the student section should start the FU Butch chant. Lets show our class on a national broadcast. Lets show Pruitt how he might be treated of he decides to leave and lets showcase our awesomeness to future coaches. But I guess we will need something to distract us from the fact that we probably wont be able to talk about football too much until we get to some teams that are a bit more on our level.

Reactions: TrentVol
What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO

There will be booing, just not sure how much will be directed toward Butch himself.
Guilt by association........ GBO!

Can see some people are more concerned about looking classy and how others perceive them. lol Probably not even "classy" people at all. Just think they are. And are too concerned about what others think about them. Do you also look in the mirror a lot?

Reactions: rgvol
Can see lots of people are not.concerend with being decent human beings. Probably not decent human beings. Just think they are. And are too concerned with trashing people than being decent people. Do you look in the mirror alot?

Reactions: DonDiego
Can see lots of people are not.concerend with being decent human beings. Probably not decent human beings. Just think they are. And are too concerned with trashing people than being decent people. Do you look in the mirror alot?

Uh, yeah...great comeback. Let's all be more like you!

Reactions: volfannbama
Can see some people are more concerned about looking classy and how others perceive them. lol Probably not even "classy" people at all. Just think they are. And are too concerned about what others think about them. Do you also look in the mirror a lot?
I agree..100%

You look at it only from fan perspective. Butch has 3 straight winning seasons. And was fired after one bad season. Fair or not, he doesn't see it that way nor does he have to. Why accept a job when your stock is low? Why not accept a job under a great coach and take some time to learn how things are ran? Head coaching jobs are crazy stressful. Why not take a enjoy the money promised to you cause the idiots that run UT wanted to dish it out? I would and you would too. There are only two types of people in this situation, those that would take the money and those that lie about it and say they wouldnt. Besides, what difference does it really make? Coach pruitt is getting paud, got the assistants he wanted, ticket prices are not changing.
Dude don’t sit here and tell me who I am and what I would do... most of what you say is true but no I’m not the kind of person that just takes advantage of everything... I honestly wouldn’t feel right screwing over the place that took a huge risk on me, believe me or not I don’t care.

Dude don’t sit here and tell me who I am and what I would do... most of what you say is true but no I’m not the kind of person that just takes advantage of everything... I honestly wouldn’t feel right screwing over the place that took a huge risk on me, believe me or not I don’t care.
Noone is being taken advantage of. The two sides agreed. But my apologies, didnt mean to be offensive.

Last edited:
Pretty sad that Jones can travel with Alabama, but we won't allow all of our eligible players to dress, even though only 80 can participate.

What will be the reaction? How will we handle it? I expect Butch to be booed as soon as he touches the field and for us to give him and Bama 60 minutes of hell. GBO

Amazing the level of obsession some of you have with a fired football coach. I'd bet some of you stalked old girlfriends,,,LOL

Lord why should we hate the man? I know Dobbs helped him keep his job, but he isnt worth all the hate he is getting. He failed here, still bringing the best seasons since 09. I didn't like Butch at the end but I tried to support him the best I could while he was in orange. We have CJP now and are in a better place.

I'm not going to be booing Butch Saturday because he is a EX UT head coach, I'm going to be booing anyone in that ugly red uniform.

I’m hoping fans don’t boo butch. He did seem to try his best here. He’s at Bama because he lost his job, I’m sure some fans know what it’s like to get fired.

I’m hoping fans don’t boo butch. He did seem to try his best here. He’s at Bama because he lost his job, I’m sure some fans know what it’s like to get fired.

Not while still getting millions from that same employer after the fact.

No simpithy for BJ here......

The only problem I got with Butch is that he felt and feels he did no wrong.

That he sold his BS well.

Knew Talent but did not know how to Coach it.

Truth be known he blamed the Staff and players for his shortcomings......he was able to con his way through the few years.

We had player talent but could not put it them together as a team.

Reactions: Honky

VN Store

Back