With all the good why?

No reason to be negative. 5 wins, 7 wins, 9 wins,...it's going in the right direction. But no one should have their feelings hurt if some of us don't jump on the 15-0 train. We're not there yet.

I'll ask you too. Besides D4H, who else is making that claim?

People are trying to lower expectations so they aren't as hurt in the case that we do not meet the current ones.

PROVE IT. I'll believe it when I see it. So many things can go wrong... and they do every year. It's gonna take ONE bad injury to kill everybody's expectations.

Reactions: 1 person
#120 is stacked with experience and talent, to say 15-0 is easy or a guarantee is silly, but it's just as silly to act like it's impossible.

The expectation for the team is to see how great the Vols can be this year. Thru hard work and daily improvement, there are no limits.

There are threads asking what it will take to beat Bama, the same answers can be used for what will it take to go 15-0.

I find it to be negative to say or feel that 15-0 is unachievable. I find it negative to assume we lose to Bama or any other game, as a team and a program we are past that type of thinking.

And I'm sorry that your feelings will be hurt when we lose a game, but even if you expect the loss, your feelings will still be hurt.

See y'all in Tampa.

PROVE IT. I'll believe it when I see it. So many things can go wrong... and they do every year. It's gonna take ONE bad injury to kill everybody's expectations.

Questions for you.

Has recruiting been better since Jones took over?

Have we improved in win totals each year?

Your statement of every year, please explain.

yes it's much better since BJ took over. It's ALMOST there. But we are lacking in upper classmen, and that means we are lacking in depth. All you have to do is look at last year or the year before. As soon as something goes against us we will have a field full of youngsters playing out there against an 80% upperclassman team and we will lose one and it will start the ball rolling.

The fans will start yelling "FYAR BUTCH!", the kids will start to have lower expectations. Jones won't sleep and start making bad decisions... it will fall apart like last weeks cake. this is the first time we have this D coordinator... he hasn't played ONE down with this team. Team 120 hasn't played ONE down.

Here's the kicker.... this one drives me nutso. Volunteers... ALL of them, players, fans, ALL of them have totally lost interest in being the best on the field. If you want to be the best, if you want to play at the end of the year, if you want to talk about expectations... stop going after small fry and EMBARRASS salami. Do it convincingly. Do it consistently. End saban worship. Then I'll have faith in so called HIGH EXPECTATIONS.

Recruiting. What was supposed to be an absolutely loaded class is on life support so far, hopefully a good season will pick up the momentum.

This is easily the most positive preseason outlook I've seen for the program since 2007 and it's almost as positive as I've seen it since the 90s. I don't know what else people want.

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't noticed a lot of negative this season.

I'll tell you something else that gives me high anxiety, and people are gonna come out of the wood work at me for this and I don't care. Muschamp is back. I know he doesn't have much talent this year but it won't take long for him. He's not completely starting over like Butch. That man is here because he knows he can beat Butch consistently. He believes it, and so far he's been right!

MIKE DEBORD: if you're out there. You have proven yourself to me as a smart O coordinator that was a little better than expected, but if you can hear this take heed. Muschamp is unlike anything you have ever experienced. There is NO gameplan. Muschamp depends on CHAOS to win, and so far he's been right. He may be a monkey faced lunatic but that is exactly how he plays ball. All of your planning can't account for that. You may take him this year (you should) but learn from this experience because that man will be on Butch like white on rice.

Until we have the EXPECTATION of beating the west consistently nobody has any right talking about EXPECTATIONS. I'm not there yet.

Besides D4H who is making that assertion?

Probably a bit hyperbole, since I have only really seen him say it. I think though if you really look at what the board thinks overall, many believe that we will win the East and beat at least 2 of the 4 in UGA, UF, Bama, and AtM.....not really a negative thing IMO.

I'll tell you something else that gives me high anxiety, and people are gonna come out of the wood work at me for this and I don't care. Muschamp is back. I know he doesn't have much talent this year but it won't take long for him. He's not completely starting over like Butch. That man is here because he knows he can beat Butch consistently. He believes it, and so far he's been right!

MIKE DEBORD: if you're out there. You have proven yourself to me as a smart O coordinator that was a little better than expected, but if you can hear this take heed. Muschamp is unlike anything you have ever experienced. There is NO gameplan. Muschamp depends on CHAOS to win, and so far he's been right. He may be a monkey faced lunatic but that is exactly how he plays ball. All of your planning can't account for that. You may take him this year (you should) but learn from this experience because that man will be on Butch like white on rice.

Until we have the EXPECTATION of beating the west consistently nobody has any right talking about EXPECTATIONS. I'm not there yet.

Man, I hope Debord reads this. The season is in the balance. Someone make sure he gets this memo!

This is D4H quality of crazy. Good job.

At this time, the 15-0 reverie is fevered daydreaming of over achievement, luck, and opponents' boo boos somehow taking Team 120 to the promised land. Have not you speculated on what you might do if you won the lottery?

Brick by brick, game by game, and always, GO VOLS!!!

If you've something stuck in your craw about 2016 expectations, it's Friday. Go to happy hour. Rinse it out.

yes it's much better since BJ took over. It's ALMOST there. But we are lacking in upper classmen, and that means we are lacking in depth. All you have to do is look at last year or the year before. As soon as something goes against us we will have a field full of youngsters playing out there against an 80% upperclassman team and we will lose one and it will start the ball rolling.

The fans will start yelling "FYAR BUTCH!", the kids will start to have lower expectations. Jones won't sleep and start making bad decisions... it will fall apart like last weeks cake. this is the first time we have this D coordinator... he hasn't played ONE down with this team. Team 120 hasn't played ONE down.

Here's the kicker.... this one drives me nutso. Volunteers... ALL of them, players, fans, ALL of them have totally lost interest in being the best on the field. If you want to be the best, if you want to play at the end of the year, if you want to talk about expectations... stop going after small fry and EMBARRASS salami. Do it convincingly. Do it consistently. End saban worship. Then I'll have faith in so called HIGH EXPECTATIONS.

Upperclassmen = juniors and seniors

Offense-
1. Josh Dobbs- senior
2. Alvin Kamara- RS Junior
3. Jalen Hurd - Junior
4. Ethan Wolf- Junior
5. Josh Smith- RS Junior
6. Josh Malone - Junior
7. Coleman Thomas - Junior
8. Jashon Robertson - Junior
9. Dylan Wiesman- Senior
10. Brett Kendrick - RS Junior
11. Jason Croom - RS Senior

Defense-
1. Cam Sutton - Senior
2. Emmannuel Moseley- Junior
3. Justin Martin - Junior
4. Malik Foreman - Senior
5. TKJr - Junior
6. Rashaan Gaulden - Junior
7. Derek Barnett- Junior
8. Corey Vereen- Senior
9. Latroy Lewis - Senior
10. JRM - Senior
11. Danny OBrien - RS Senior
12. Kendal Vickers - RS Junior
13. Cortez McDowell - Junior

Special Teams-

Aaron Medley - Junior
Trevor Daniel - RS Junior
Evan Berry - Junior

Please read that list of 27 upperclassmen........please notice all the players who are currently in their 3rd, 4th and 5th year in the program, all who will be the primary starters or backups.

This team is mature, it's experienced, it's ready to win.

VN Store

Back