Wishful Thinking...

Trojan_Vol

I really enjoyed the thrill of last year & the comradery it created amongst us all! It really brought back good memories of being a VOL in the 90's (aside the SC game). In year two, Heup was able to turn our program around and into a playoff contender. I realize we are in year 3 now, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Last year Hooker & Co were able to cover up some of the holes on both sides of the ball with 50+pts/game.
R-E-L-A-X, just because we set the bar high last year (and took our first L this year) doesn't mean were not trending in the right direction. This program was in the dumps before Heup arrived and has lifted the expectations of the program, showed us new highs. Some of y'all need chill with the blame game and finger pointing (calling for coaches and players heads), let him work and enjoy the ride. Its not an over night thing. There was no way to replicate the success of last year for all the NFL departures, we simply don't have the depth after 2years. Give it time, be classy, and stop the nonsense.

Agree with the sentiment. I will say though, it's been tough to watch the poor play so far just after how competent and well coached they looked last year and even the first year honestly even though the record didn't reflect it. It's easy as a Tennessee fan to think "oh no here we go again" especially after watching bad football for more than a decade. And not just bad football, but epic failures and SportsCenter "top 10 worst" bad plays. If they weren't making all the mistakes but were just outmatched then I think most fans would take it a little better.

Agree Trojan.

I think most Vols fans expected a regression this year, but not as big a regression as we seem to be having. Maybe at some point TN can be like UGA and Bama, and lose players like Hooker, Hyatt, etc. and not have much fall-off. But we are a long way from that point right now. Losing those high quality skill players makes a big difference. Season is still young. Lots to play for.

Agree with the sentiment. I will say though, it's been tough to watch the poor play so far just after how competent and well coached they looked last year and even the first year honestly even though the record didn't reflect it. It's easy as a Tennessee fan to think "oh no here we go again" especially after watching bad football for more than a decade. And not just bad football, but epic failures and SportsCenter "top 10 worst" bad plays. If they weren't making all the mistakes but were just outmatched then I think most fans would take it a little better.
Exactly. Such a stark contrast from what we expected out of a Heupel team. Hoping he can right the ship before the wheels come off (sorry for the mixed metaphor).

I agree. I will say though, in year 3, the secondary should not be struggling as bad as they are. I’m hoping heupel will re evaluate martinez after this season. Recruiting on both of the lines has to be prioritized.

I really enjoyed the thrill of last year & the comradery it created amongst us all! It really brought back good memories of being a VOL in the 90's (aside the SC game). In year two, Heup was able to turn our program around and into a playoff contender. I realize we are in year 3 now, but some of you have unrealistic expectations. Last year Hooker & Co were able to cover up some of the holes on both sides of the ball with 50+pts/game.
R-E-L-A-X, just because we set the bar high last year (and took our first L this year) doesn't mean were not trending in the right direction. This program was in the dumps before Heup arrived and has lifted the expectations of the program, showed us new highs. Some of y'all need chill with the blame game and finger pointing (calling for coaches and players heads), let him work and enjoy the ride. Its not an over night thing. There was no way to replicate the success of last year for all the NFL departures, we simply don't have the depth after 2years. Give it time, be classy, and stop the nonsense.
No
This was Florida
This was a LOUSY Florida team
This was the best chance in forever to break a stinking embarrassing TWENTY YEAR streak of futility
And we blew it.
Sorry, this was not just any other loss.
2003 😡

Reactions: Vfl2407 and CAVPUT
Lol, we went 11-2 and won the orange bowl last year but somehow getting embarrassed by a ****** Florida team with and even worse coach is us trending upward?

No
This was Florida
This was a LOUSY Florida team
This was the best chance in forever to break a stinking embarrassing TWENTY YEAR streak of futility
And we blew it.
Sorry, this was not just any other loss.
2003 😡

Losing UF on the yearly schedule going forward has got to be the best blessing we've had in a long time. The failures against that team in the past 30 years have been utterly incomprehensible.

References ...
91, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 00, 02, 06, 15, 17, 18, 20, 23 ... thankful for conference expansion honestly. That's nearly ½ our seasons ruined by often bizarre circumstances by week 3 of each season.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
Losing UF on the yearly schedule going forward has got to be the best blessing we've had in a long time. The failures against that team in the past 30 years have been utterly incomprehensible.

References ...
91, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 00, 02, 06, 15, 17, 18, 20, 23 ... thankful for conference expansion honestly. That's nearly ½ our seasons ruined by often bizarre circumstances by week 3 of each season.
Yet another reason I wanted this last divisional dance to be a convincing UT win. Now we have lost that option forever.

Reactions: livefaith

References ...
You forgot 2014.

Totally get what you’re saying but to lose to a bad Florida team in year 3 of CJH and watch him play a quarterback that even his own momma don’t trust is very difficult. I spent over a grand to go watch that sh!t show in Neyland last week to see us score at least 60 and was hanging on the edge of my seat in the 4th quarter. Ridiculous and Josh needs to get this handled quickly because we are about a C hair from being labled as old Tennessee again and that’ll kill recruitment. How can you sale this air raid type spread’em offense to kids when you can’t score against quality opponents???

Reactions: TikiVol

VN Store

Back