Wishful Thinking

I expect us to beat them this year. I don’t respect them and each time they have beat us wasn’t because they were such a great team but due to our shortcomings.
Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. My point is they've been consistently better than us since they joined the conference, and until we prove that is no longer true, I think it's beyond irrational just to look at the schedule and say "ah, Missouri, that's a W".

Reactions: Devo182
Lock was good, but they won 2 division titles before Lock ever came.

2015 was an excellent team and underrated. +15 PPG margin and 13 points from being undefeated. Blowout of #12 bowl win.

Lock. My bad.

Less Jones was in charge the years they won the east.

We’ll see how CJP&S do this year, I’m just not impressed with them.

I just sat in the stands of BoFA stadium yelling beside my friend how it was new coach, same shiz. Weak weak weak team in the trenches. If we look that part 1 more year I'm gonna lose all respect for "S&C" coaches. Rock, Fitz, somebody SHOW US something ffs.

They actually did beat two ranked SEC teams last year which did show something. The problem was they beshat themselves against Vandy.

Six in one hand, half a dozen in the other. My point is they've been consistently better than us since they joined the conference, and until we prove that is no longer true, I think it's beyond irrational just to look at the schedule and say "ah, Missouri, that's a W".

They have been better than our worst stretch in 30 years. I expect us to improve with Pruit and make their game a win for us on a regular basis.

They actually did beat two ranked SEC teams last year which did show something. The problem was they beshat themselves against Vandy.

True, but how much due to strength/trenches? Vs UK I'd say A LOT. He mysteriously whipped them. Auburn was pretty poor again, especially the OL. The DL got better with the game.

But if we're being honest with ourselves, we know both teams were coming off devastating losses, one reason we actually had a glimmer of hope going in to each game.

But like you said we got whipped by mizzou and vandy. WVU whipped us even though they were supposed to be a weakling big 12 team. I want to see that 2015 strength again from beginning to end. 2016-2018 has been sorry to watch the trenches. I said it long before, but Pruitt finally said it last year (Butch never would): when the opposing RBs hit our DL and LBs, they fell forward. When we hit their guys, we got knocked back or stopped in our tracks (as a DL should do to an RB). Hope that reverses this year.

They have been better than our worst stretch in 30 years. I expect us to improve with Pruit and make their game a win for us on a regular basis.
I certainly hope so, as an old Vol fan, I can say since integration we've generally been pretty mediocre outside of the glory years of 1989-2001 and an isolated year or two.

We can be much better than we have been for sure, but we've got to sustain some success to assert real practical superiority over Mizzou. We aren't Texas or somebody sitting on a gold mine recruiting base. We have to go outside of the State to get most of our talent to compete for championships, same as Mizzou, we are similar in that regard.

The good thing is with our history if we can start sustaining some success it will be easier for us to do that than Mizzou, but some of us need to wake up to the fact that CJP's got a pretty tough job, we may very well beat Mizzou this year, but it's certainly not our birthright at this point, he is rebuilding from scratch whether we like it or not.

I certainly hope so, as an old Vol fan, I can say since integration we've generally been pretty mediocre outside of the glory years of 1989-2001 and an isolated year or two.

We can be much better than we have been for sure, but we've got to sustain some success to assert real practical superiority over Mizzou. We aren't Texas or somebody sitting on a gold mine recruiting base. We have to go outside of the State to get most of our talent to compete for championships, same as Mizzou, we are similar in that regard.

The good thing is with our history if we can start sustaining some success it will be easier for us to do that than Mizzou, but some of us need to wake up to the fact that CJP's got a pretty tough job, we may very well beat Mizzou this year, but it's certainly not our birthright at this point, he is rebuilding from scratch whether we like it or not.
It’s about coaching. Even a good coach needs time to build. Jones blew it in 15 and 16.

It’s about coaching. Even a good coach needs time to build. Jones blew it in 15 and 16.
Yeah, we agree on that for sure. 15' and 16' were incredibly frustrating because the East was there for the taking. We had the opportunity to step into a power vaccuum, now Georgia and Florida have rebounded.

True, but how much due to strength/trenches? Vs UK I'd say A LOT. He mysteriously whipped them. Auburn was pretty poor again, especially the OL. The DL got better with the game.

But if we're being honest with ourselves, we know both teams were coming off devastating losses, one reason we actually had a glimmer of hope going in to each game.

But like you said we got whipped by mizzou and vandy. WVU whipped us even though they were supposed to be a weakling big 12 team. I want to see that 2015 strength again from beginning to end. 2016-2018 has been sorry to watch the trenches. I said it long before, but Pruitt finally said it last year (Butch never would): when the opposing RBs hit our DL and LBs, they fell forward. When we hit their guys, we got knocked back or stopped in our tracks (as a DL should do to an RB). Hope that reverses this year.
Anyone who thought WV was a "weakling Big 12 team" was stupid. They were ranked in the top 10 when we played them and were seen as favorites to win that conference.

Practice will soon be here. Speculations galore will appear. Some will be posting posts of irrational fear. Others will simply have championship fever. As for me, I'll be just as insane as ever.

View attachment 196641

More likely that is for the 2049 season when I am a drooling, diaper wearing, emaciated old man in the nursing home and too far gone to understand it!

Snowflake.

Stop being a baby over the checkerboards too.

If it ain’t solid Orange the next best is checkerboards.

Just as a rule of thumb. We all have our likes and dislikes.

f801b8bba0706ff0eb051e984e9d8c95.jpg

I had just seen that meme and decided to take it out for a spin. Not the best usage, but I smiled, a little.
The one was getting punched or siding into 2nd to break up a double play.

Clearly it was used correctly.

Me just being dense. It comes natural.

VN Store

Back