Wishful Thinking

I was cleaning off a shelve in my storeroom, and there was a Apr 17,2017 N.Sentinel sports page, declaring how dominant UTs linebacking corp would be, I get tired of orange sunshine being pumped in my viens.

Reactions: Devo182
I was cleaning off a shelve in my storeroom, and there was a Apr 17,2017 N.Sentinel sports page, declaring how dominant UTs linebacking corp would be, I get tired of orange sunshine being pumped in my viens.
It's better to be a "Sunshine Pumper" than to be doom and gloom about absolutely everything:rolleyes:

Oh trust me, I am no doom and gloom, and always have high hopes. I simply quit believing all the glory forecast meant to sale articles in print. Go Vols!!

Yeah, remember at the start of the season when many stated the OL would be a big surprise in 2018? Is was a surprise alright.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
I could not be a fan of any team that wore such an outraeous uniform! Incredibly bad! Awful! Disgusting! Maryland comes to mind!

I believe in enthusiastic optimism tempered with a dose of intelligent realism. The things described above are fun to think about, and I hope it happens. However, this is extremely unlikely and only fosters unrealistic expectations, which in turn sets us up for a letdown.

Love the preseason optimism.
Too bad it gets destroyed early in the season.

Last edited:
Love the preseason optimism. Too bad it gets destroyed early in the season.
And one day in true Forrest Gump fashion... the cycle will break and "just like that... there she was".

I supported Fulmer getting extra rope because his firing predictably put UT on the coaching carousel... and you can never really know when you'll get off. Our ride has been worsened by terrible management of an already bad situation starting with the hire of Kiffin.

Practice will soon be here. Speculations galore will appear. Some will be posing posts of irrational fear. Others will simply have championship fever. As for me, I'll be just as insane as ever.

View attachment 196535.
That uni looks like the Vols uniform had a one night stand with a Windows 95 desktop theme and had a baby.

VN Store

Back