Windy's basketball discussion thread

Ouchies. Had a bone bruise on my elbow once; took at least six months before I could put pressure on it (prop my head in my hands, etc.)

Spouse has severe bone bruise on her ankle from a Grade 3 sprain in February and it's taken her this long to get back to very mild jogging.

Cool aside, her ankle doctor is Grizzlies team doctor. Between her ankle and son's stress fracture, we have kept that doctor busy this year.

Season. Bone bruise in knee.
problem-problems.gif

Spouse has severe bone bruise on her ankle from a Grade 3 sprain in February and it's taken her this long to get back to very mild jogging.

Cool aside, her ankle doctor is Grizzlies team doctor. Between her ankle and son's stress fracture, we have kept that doctor busy this year.
Very cool to have an Ankle Guy. I’ve had a Hand/Wrist Guy and a Knee Guy, but not an Ankle Guy.

Which, now that I think on it, is a different (and better) kind of coolness. I’d like to have one body part still working before I hit 70.

Very cool to have an Ankle Guy. I’ve had a Hand/Wrist Guy and a Knee Guy, but not an Ankle Guy.

Which, now that I think on it, is a different (and better) kind of coolness. I’d like to have one body part still working before I hit 70.

I'd like a year where we don't hit the out of pocket maximum for health insurance.

I guess health care will be free from out of pocket expenses for the next 7.5 months.....

Reactions: VolNExile
DId your sons school offer insurance for sports ?

Was a club (not school) injury. AFLAC is great though since we've recouped a fair amount of those expenses.

His wasnt too bad $$$ wise because by the time we got to his injury Fox had already nuked the out of pocket max.

Reactions: 508mikey
My former front-loaded deductible was $6k/year. Contributions continued until $16,600 out of pocket was reached. Made the $6k once before switching to Medicare. Glad that we’ve been in good health. My missus is still on her employer’s health plan. I hope that they do provide the forms needed to avoid penalties when she switches. Yes, we’re both still employed. It just made sense for me to switch to Medicare. Long story.

We kept my employee insurance (BCBS) when I retired, plus we’re both on MC A&B. Medicare is primary and so far BCBS has paid any out-of-pocket (co-pays, etc.) The MC premiums are partly reimbursed by BCBS as well.

So far, so good.

VN Store

Back