Williams and Bone invited to combine

The NBA Draft Combine will take place Thursday and Friday at Quest Multisport in Chicago. The event allows the best draft-eligible players to participate in physical measurements, interviews, shooting, strength and agility drills and five-on-five games in front of NBA personnel. ESPN2 will provide coverage both days from 3-7 p.m. ET.

In case you didn't read the article.

Last edited:
2019 NBA Mock Draft: Pelicans get top pick in lottery and win chance to take Zion Williamson at No. 1

13 Miami Heat
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7
Strong, physically-imposing two-way player who did a little of everything at Tennessee while winning consecutive SEC Player of the Year honors. Projecting him to the NBA is seamless, too; he played primarily power forward with the Vols but showed strong flashes and skill as a perimeter player, evidenced by his 32.6% accuracy from 3-point range and off-the-dribble playmaking. He's perhaps not a star, but a safe pick for the Heat who can contribute even in a deep frontcourt rotation.

Brooklyn Nets
Pick acquired via trade with Denver
Admiral Schofield | Tennessee | PF | Jr | 6-6
Schofield brings experience and versatility to the table and when we're talking about a young-but-loaded Nets team, he projects to be an early contributor playing inside and out. Schofield's perhaps not big enough to play power forward as he did at UT, but his perimeter talents should make him a capable wing man who can hold his own in the post when needed in Brooklyn.

2019 NBA Mock Draft: Pelicans get top pick in lottery and win chance to take Zion Williamson at No. 1

13 Miami Heat
Grant Williams | Tennessee | Jr | PF | 6-7
Strong, physically-imposing two-way player who did a little of everything at Tennessee while winning consecutive SEC Player of the Year honors. Projecting him to the NBA is seamless, too; he played primarily power forward with the Vols but showed strong flashes and skill as a perimeter player, evidenced by his 32.6% accuracy from 3-point range and off-the-dribble playmaking. He's perhaps not a star, but a safe pick for the Heat who can contribute even in a deep frontcourt rotation.

Brooklyn Nets
Pick acquired via trade with Denver
Admiral Schofield | Tennessee | PF | Jr | 6-6
Schofield brings experience and versatility to the table and when we're talking about a young-but-loaded Nets team, he projects to be an early contributor playing inside and out. Schofield's perhaps not big enough to play power forward as he did at UT, but his perimeter talents should make him a capable wing man who can hold his own in the post when needed in Brooklyn.
I could live with this.

Will bone get drafted
Tough to say. This weekend will go a long way towards determining that. He has given little indication that he plans to return aside from the fact that he has yet to publicly forgo his eligibility and officially announce his intention to stay in the draft. CBS doesn’t even list him in their top-100 prospects, so it would seem he has a lot of folks to impress this weekend to make that climb into the 2nd rd.

Oh, Bone also is the leader in the 3/4 court sprint. So he's the fastest and has the second best vertical. Pretty good I'd say.

Oh, Bone also is the leader in the 3/4 court sprint. So he's the fastest and has the second best vertical. Pretty good I'd say.
First in shuttle , lane agility and standing vertical.
Hope it stands after the other 33 do it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
All these Vols going pro is Going to turn me into a bandwagon NBA fan. My previous loyalties lied solely with Cleveland, Miami, Cleveland again, then the Lakers. Loyal fan over here

Reactions: Chris4Vols22
Admiral won the shuttle run for forwards. He and Grant 4th and 5th in lane agility.

Interesting that our guys seem to be killing the athletic tests but from what I read, Grant and Jordan didn’t scrimmage all that well. Would’ve expected the reverse

"he's not good enough!" "overseas he goes!"

🙄

Attachments

• 5790FBF9-51BA-4544-8946-E65512CF5939.jpeg
    5790FBF9-51BA-4544-8946-E65512CF5939.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 38
Interesting that our guys seem to be killing the athletic tests but from what I read, Grant and Jordan didn’t scrimmage all that well. Would’ve expected the reverse
Bone did score the first 4 points in combine scr. play. Didn't get my tv set up to watch the actual scimmage til the second game so didn't see much of his play.

Again, whoever said he wasn't a good athlete probably shouldn't be giving out basketball opinions anymore, or at least not be taken seriously. He's one of the best athletes ever in the combine apparently. Now, don't get my wrong, just because he is a good athlete doesn't mean he'll be successful in the NBA, but athleticism will not be the reason.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
Again, whoever said he wasn't a good athlete probably shouldn't be giving out basketball opinions anymore, or at least not be taken seriously. He's one of the best athletes ever in the combine apparently. Now, don't get my wrong, just because he is a good athlete doesn't mean he'll be successful in the NBA, but athleticism will not be the reason.

Anyone who said he wasn’t an NBA level athlete clearly never watched him play

Reactions: tn4elvis
Grant also posted some very good numbers, or at worst very respectable given his skill set. He didn't light the world on fire, but I'm sure a lot of people thought he would do worse.

So I've gone back and searched and haven't found one person mention Bone's lack of athleticism. In fact, it's been the opposite on here with everyone lauding his speed, agility, and athleticism. So who or what post/comment exactly are you pounding your chest at?

VN Store

Back