Will we be ranked?

strongj81

I know we played ball state but with some of these teams ranked 19-25 losing ie Cincy or Arky do we slide into the top 25?

Reactions: dduncan4163
Yes, we will likely be ranked tomorrow (or is it Tuesday because Clemson plays on Monday?) when the new polls come out.

We started the season just on the outside looking in from the #26 position.

Meanwhile, #23 Cincinnati and #24 Houston are both losing in the 3rd Qtr. Cincy to #17 Arkansas (so if the one doesn't lose, the other has to), and Houston to Texas-San Antonio (so even if they pull it out, they could drop).

That's not even mentioning #11 Oregon, who are losing 35-3 to Georgia in the 3rd (they probably won't drop all the way out of the polls, but they'll fall far).

And it's not even mentioning #12 Oklahoma State, who won their game but nevertheless gave up 44 points to Ball State's conference mate, Central Michigan. They'll also drop some spots, though they won't leave the Top 20.

I'd say odds-on for us being ranked by Tuesday afternoon.

Yes, we will likely be ranked tomorrow (or is it Tuesday because Clemson plays on Monday?) when the new polls come out.

We started the season just on the outside looking in from the #26 position.

Meanwhile, #23 Cincinnati and #24 Houston are both losing in the 3rd Qtr. Cincy to #17 Arkansas (so if the one doesn't lose, the other has to), and Houston to Texas-San Antonio (so even if they pull it out, they could drop).

That's not even mentioning #11 Oregon, who are losing 35-3 to Georgia in the 3rd (they probably won't drop all the way out of the polls, but they'll fall far).

And it's not even mentioning #12 Oklahoma State, who won their game but nevertheless gave up 44 points to Ball State's conference mate, Central Michigan. They'll also drop some spots, though they won't leave the Top 20.

I'd say odds-on for us being ranked by Tuesday afternoon.
I don't dispute any of this, but how many teams outside the top 25, are likely to climb in this week? One reason I ask, is that the winner of LSU FSU might get handed a spot, even though I think it should be Vols.

I don't dispute any of this, but how many teams outside the top 25, are likely to climb in this week? One reason I ask, is that the winner of LSU FSU might get handed a spot, even though I think it should be Vols.
That's a good point. I could see both the Vols and the winner of that game getting in. While both Cincy and Houston fall out.

Particularly if it is LSU; they started the pre-season in the #30 spot. FSU might be a tougher case; they didn't get a single vote, not a single point, in the AP poll (one pollster in the Coaches' poll gave them a point, lol).

As for others just on the outside, let's see how #27 Texas does later tonight against UL-Monroe. Neither #28 Iowa nor #29 Penn State are moving up, they both had anemically weak wins (Iowa 7-3 over South Dakota State, and Penn State 35-31 over Purdue).

So it really seems to be down to us and perhaps LSU (if they win convincingly).

We'll see.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
We need Arky to hold on and beat 23 Cin.
Of course with a 7 point lead they fumble inside their own 5. So far Cin has 3 presnap penalties back out to the 18. Back to the 3 for 4th, going for it they get their 2nd delay of game and settle for a FG. So up 4 as I pull the trigger.

USTA to hold on and beat 24 Houston. up 7 with 12 to go.

25 BYU starting late at USF... who knows.

How far do voters drop 13 NCSU due to a 1 point victory over ECU?

For that matter how far do they drop ORE if they lose by over 40 to GA? Can they fess up?

This is just week one.

I don't want us to until next week. We might have a shot if Houston losses but I really don't care about that right now.

VN Store

Back