Will Vols score more than 14 points against uGa ?

No, we will be lucky to score 10. You expose an offense like ours by winning at the line of scrimmage. UGA will dominate that category. They win 38-7

Reactions: GoBigOrange2008
UGA has given up 59 points in 9 games 59/9= 6 1/2 points a game they have a special defense, no doubt.

Yes, we will score more than 14. Our speedy WR's will break some big plays. Only problem is that their tight ends will catch plenty of passes on our defense and out score us.

I don't think UGA has played a offense like this all year. I expect them to win but I think UT will show up to play.. Could be UGA's scare game.of the year. Sets up nicely , except the LOS, that is a mismatch. I still wouldn't be surprised to see UT scare the hell out of them though.

That is my hope, to post better numbers against them than anyone has. But to do that...

Can our OL--and whichever injured RB is in there--give Hooker time to make his reads?
If not--NO, we do not score 14.
But if so...

Can we rush for more than 100 yards--without getting our QB injured?
Can we convert on over 50% of our fourth downs?
How many 50/50 balls will our receivers come down with?

Yes! If the Vols can put up points against Bama on the road, they can definitely score points vs Georgia at home.
Unfortunately Bama this year is not the Bama comparison of old. Georgia would embarrass Bama. The Bama offensive line would cave in to that Georgia front 7. Bryce Young would have no chance to extend plays. I would expect something of 35-14 if played today. No Metchie or Williams would get to second level a couple times to score deep. But Robinson isn't going anywhere on that Georgia front 7.

So as for us we can score 14-17 but likely we get hammered and game is out of reach early. Where as when we llayed Bama we just ran out of gas and wilted.

I don't think UGA has played a offense like this all year. I expect them to win but I think UT will show up to play.. Could be UGA's scare game.of the year. Sets up nicely , except the LOS, that is a mismatch. I still wouldn't be surprised to see UT scare the hell out of them though.
"Except the LOS", that's a big "except".

Here’s a stat for everyone. UT has nearly 5,000 yards and nearly 400 points in just 3 hrs and 36 mins of possession on the year. Georgia isn’t as scary as everyone makes them out to be. They are put in very generous position on offense by their defense against very poor offenses. You can bash me, call me crazy, whatever, but I really think Georgia may find themselves in a questionable position if Tennessee strikes quick a couple of times. History is pointing to this game being the game that Kirby, well pulls a Kirby. If UGA starts as slow as they did yesterday against Mizzou, UT can get them in very early trouble.

Yes. And I’d bet on it.

GA D hasn’t been tested yet by a truly explosive O. Kirby will have a lot of sleepless nights this week.

How GA handles our challenge will determine if they’re true NC contenders or just pretenders upholding a long GA tradition of choking at the end.

The pucker factor will be strong in this one for GA. Don’t underestimate that. They’ve got everything to lose and virtually nothing to gain. TN has absolutely NOTHING to lose here bc we’re gonna be double-digit underdogs anyway.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I see us scoring between 13 - 20 on them. They are just too good this year. But if our kids fight like they’ve been fighting, then I think we may give Ga their best game so far. But then again, there is a reason we play the game. Any given Saturday, even this Saturday, the #1 team in the country could lose. Go Vols!!

I can't wait for the game. I think we can make things interesting. I am just worried we have a lot of players that are not 100% healthy and when you are a thin as we are that is not a good thing. The Dawgs offense does not scare me. They are undefeated this year because of their Defense. Their D is for real. We will score I just don't know if it will be enough.

VN Store

Back