Will Tyler Smith stay or go next season?

RockyTopTennessee

I haven't heard much on it, but looking into Loftons future all I see is Tyler Smith being our only NBA prospect with a decent future. Some people say he might leave this year. Any truth to that?

Tony Jones has said Tyler will be here next year...

that said if he dominates in the next 4 games he could be gone. I'd be happy for him to be able to support himself and his family... but sad we only got the man for 1 year.

Nice.

It may be off topic but you know I absolutely hate the fact that some kids leave early. Imagine how much better College Basketball would be without all these kids jetting to the pros.

They had is age listed as 23 on CBS could this be true. 1 year of prep school and 2 years of college would not make him close to 23 would it?

Nice.

It may be off topic but you know I absolutely hate the fact that some kids leave early. Imagine how much better College Basketball would be without all these kids jetting to the pros.
Yeah, to hell with kids earning a good living. They should play for the glory of Old State U and our entertainment. Improving college basketball is far more important than the millions they can make.

Yeah, to hell with kids earning a good living. They should play for the glory of Old State U and our entertainment. Improving college basketball is far more important than the millions they can make.

Ha

God forbid someone choose money over an education

There are certainly examples of bad choices with either decision.

With a guaranteed money contract there is only one right decision. If he blows his knee out after he signs his contract he has millions of dollars to go back to school with.

Counterpoint...

Tyler will be our featured guy next year. He could go from being a mid - late first round guy to a lottery pick, pretty big increase in base I would imagine. Also, another year would give him more time to work on his outside shot.

However, if he goes, I wish him the best.

The selfish fan in me would love to see him stay for another year. But, if he can make the money, he should get the heck out of Knoxville and do his thing.

If he goes we may be in trouble, since Chism will be our only 3 point shooter left. Hopefully we can land Hopson, and maybe Tatum will have an outside game, but those are all maybes.

If he goes we may be in trouble, since Chism will be our only 3 point shooter left. Hopefully we can land Hopson, and maybe Tatum will have an outside game, but those are all maybes.

Uhm...

Tatum can shoot the 3 very, very well.

Daniel West can also shoot.

Tatum will have a massive outside game. He's an excellent shooter.

reminds me of a quote:

All you need to know is how to sign an NFL contract... period.

-Alvin Mack, The Program.

After listening to "Pacman Jones" on Michael Irvins radio show, I would be willing to bet he would struggle to do that (sign his name) correctly.

VN Store

Back