Will TN Get Knight

Who will be UT's new BB Coach

• Total voters
I think your osts would have been a taken a lot more seriously toddbond007, without the Bama reference.

We hate Bama 'round here.

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 20, 2005 7:42 AM
to ainge and vols 4 life : because a man doesn't agree with choosing a very contraversial man and questionable character like RMK his fanship shouldn't be challenged. I agree with him Knight should NOT be our next coach. Bama, not for me.

NOW HERE IS A GREAT MAN, HE DOESNT BLAST ME AND HE AGREES THAT KNIGHT IS NOT THE RIGHT COACH... HES QUANTITY, NOT QUALITY

Please turn off your caps lock.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 20, 2005 8:33 AM
I think your osts would have been a taken a lot more seriously toddbond007, without the Bama reference.

We hate Bama 'round here.

exactly

okay ill try and be more friendly, ur right bama is not a good choice... maybe georgia or florida instead???

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 20, 2005 4:52 PM
okay ill try and be more friendly, ur right bama is not a good choice... maybe georgia or florida instead???

fair-weathered is fair weathered, sir
:shakehead:

What I like about Bobby knight is that he does not live in a deceptive facade of political correctness which is the real cancer. We have grown into a society where we can no longer say what we mean or believe. Instead, we have corrupted ourselves and now we can cheat , steal, and deceive with abandon because we have learned that words increasingly have no true value. I believe that Bobby Knight has more integrity and has more honorable intentions than any coach we could be looking at. Yes, he wears his anger on his sleave, but he does not have anything up his sleave, IMO. He has one of the cleanest programs in the country and best of all he maintains a standard and holds people accountable. If you don't agree with me you need to be slapped! (Just kidding :D ).

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 20, 2005 4:52 PM

If you have to ask, then you don't need to know. Look man, anywhere but here. Bye. See ya. Later, alligator. Chow. Hasta la vista.

P.S. I'd leave your Orange in God's country -- they don't take too kindly to it where you're headed. Instead, here are a few "Going Away Presents" from the Vol Nation:

Reading material:

Attachments

• Trailer_maintenance.jpg
    Trailer_maintenance.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4
Make-your-own Mayonnaise Kit:

Attachments

• Mayo_ingredients.jpg
    Mayo_ingredients.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 0
Lebo is out. Signed extension at Auburn. As for Knight and anyone else possibly interested in coming here, his comments are normal and respectful of his current employer at this point. Protocol would be: 1.) Receive permission by your employer to be cotnacted by another school after that school has been asked for permission to contact their coach. 2.) Agree to that contact. 3.) If your school is still playing, wait until your season is over and don't bring doubt and controversy into the tournament for your players. Until the fat lady sings, we are left hoping and wishing regardless of who each of us want to see come in. For me, Knight, Barnes, Pearl to name a few.

living in south fla i have the growing pressures of becoming a gator... but ill keep fighting the good fight down here... until we get knight

J. Billis, an ESPN commentator on the Dan Patrick show today said that a survey of coaches revealed that if you had to name a coach to win one game for all the marbles, over 60% would chose Bobby Knight.

My Wish List of Available Coaches:
1) Rick Majerus
2) Paul Silas
3) Flip Saunders

:idea:

Who we'll actually shoot for:
1) Bobby Knight
2) Bruce Pearl
3) TIE - Mike Anderson and Bobby Lutz
4) Tom Crean
5) Greg Marshall

1. Bobby Knight
2. Bruce Pearl
3. Bobby Lutz
4. Johnny Dawkins
5. Travis Ford
6. Skip prosser
7. Pete Gullion( former coach at Virginia)
8. Steve Lavin
9. Matt Doughtery
10. Tom Crean

I am a Bruce Pearl admirer.I feel he has the most potential.Check out his credentials.Knight may have the better recognition,but I think it would be a short term fix.I believe if you prduce a winner, the fans will come.

Originally posted by jed1@Mar 21, 2005 5:03 PM
Who is Johnny Dawkins?

Assistant coach at Duke....Coach k's right hand man! Been with him for about 10 years...I feel like he will be an excellent head coach!

Originally posted by toddbond007@Mar 21, 2005 1:41 PM
living in south fla i have the growing pressures of becoming a gator... but ill keep fighting the good fight down here... until we get knight

Well, who knows, maybe we won't -- then you can just keep on rooting for the Big Orange to get a bid to the NIT.

I don't want to hire a coach based on 1 tournament run and a couple of lucky wins.

We need someone established, someone proven with a name, to get people excited again. No offense to Bob Lutz, the guy is obviously a decent coach with great success the past few years, but he's about as exciting as Homer Simpson's mustached, guitar strumming around the campfire neighbor. Same for most of the others on the list - ho hum kind of guys.

Thats why I want Bob Knight - people will immediately pay attention, love him or hate him.

I predict that when TN hires Knight that he will instantly become the biggest sports icon in college hoops for the next 4 years. He is as much loved as he is hated and his success in this years tournament is the turning point of his resurrection. TN had better stick thier claws in him right away. I see crossover from exclusively sports promotion to the broad bases of David Letterman, Jay Leno, and Saturday Night live. I can see the headlines in the next two weeks-HE'S BACK! AND LOOK OUT TWITS, HE'S GOT A TWANG! TN will instantly become the hottest sports school in America with recruits lining up like contestants for American Idol...Somebody stop us! We be smok'in! And while your at it, somebody give Hamilton a raise!

VN Store

Back