Will TN Get Knight

Who will be UT's new BB Coach

• Total voters
Dawkins was not on there so I said other....But Lutz and Knight are very high possibilites.

As much as i want anderson to come to tennessee i think he wants to stay at uab. my real hope is that we get knight. :pepper:

I said other because I think we will get another up and coming coach, but i really really really want Knight.

This is todays good word about the coaches.....

"A wait-and-see approach is the only option available at UT as its search firm - Champ Search of Los Angeles - and Hamilton have narrowed a list of candidates to a top 10.

Word continues to spread that Jeff Lebo of Auburn is one of the primary targets. Lebo has been quiet on the subject.

The former Tennessee Tech and Chattanooga coach was one of the finalists for UT's opening four years ago. Buzz Peterson got the job, but was fired last Sunday.

Lebo still hasn't signed a contract after one season at Auburn and could be interested in exploring the Vols again.

Attempts to reach Lebo have been unsuccessful.

Bruce Pearl of Milwaukee-Wisconsin may have moved his name up on UT's list with Thursday's first-round NCAA tournament victory against Alabama.

Another coach who could receive a look is Mark Turgeon of Wichita State, who once was an assistant under former UT coach Jerry Green at Oregon.

Mike Anderson of Alabama-Birmingham will likely be more appealing after beating LSU in the NCAA tournament on Thursday.

Bobby Knight of Texas Tech, Frank Haith of Miami and Bobby Lutz of Charlotte have already been contacted by Champ Search, sources have told the News Sentinel.

Hamilton and associate athletic director John Currie returned from Dallas on Wednesday after meeting for two days with Champ Search boss Cedric Dempsey, a former NCAA president."

If we get Lebo, I am going to be very disappointed. :bad:

I'm with you! Lebo...who the heck is that? Talk about a lateral move that accomplishes nothing! Hire Lebo and watch the posters start talking about our new AD in 2 years. We gotta have Knight or somebody equal to him...anything less would cause manic depression in Big Orange Country.

[I'm with you! Lebo...who the heck is that? Talk about a lateral move that accomplishes nothing!]

Lateral doesn't begin to define it...the similarities b/t Lebo and Buzz are undeniable.

Fast track to SEC, then flop

I'm with you! Lebo...who the heck is that? Talk about a lateral move that accomplishes nothing!

Lateral doesn't begin to define it...the similarities b/t Lebo and Buzz are undeniable.

Fast track to SEC, then flop

:banghead: sorry for the mistake if formating

The upside to getting Lebo is the fact that he has his own video out! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• lebo.jpg
    lebo.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 6
Now there's a title I'll be sure to look for next time I go to Blockbuster.

.............I'm with you! Lebo...who the heck is that? Talk about a lateral move that accomplishes nothing!

You guy's are NUTZ

Jeff Lebo is a better coach than any of last 5 that have been at the helm at UT. He is probably the best coach of the bunch from the Dean Group.

UT probably isn't a good enough place for Lebo to end up....he's won at Tennessee Tech (in his FIRST head coaching job)...he's won at UT-C and the young man that succeeded them has taken Jeff's player's and continued winning. He goes to Auburn and with no one of quality over 6'6'', he does QUITE well.....oh, and he is a coaches son....had an outstanding career at UNC (was their leader in 3 pt shots made in a career until recently).....and his father is one of his assistant coaches....

All you people want is a name...an old name...how about hiring a COACH (for a change) that'll CHANGE men's hoops at UT forever....now that is a novel idea that UT could really use!

Of course, I never let facts get in the way of some AD making a poor decision!

My vote is for Bob Huggins. My sources tell me he is very interested in making a move and maybe ending up at UT. It will be Interesting to see what happens.

Originally posted by eagle63@Mar 18, 2005 5:56 PM
.............I'm with you! Lebo...who the heck is that? Talk about a lateral move that accomplishes nothing!

You guy's are NUTZ

Jeff Lebo is a better coach than any of last 5 that have been at the helm at UT. He is probably the best coach of the bunch from the Dean Group.

UT probably isn't a good enough place for Lebo to end up....he's won at Tennessee Tech (in his FIRST head coaching job)...he's won at UT-C and the young man that succeeded them has taken Jeff's player's and continued winning. He goes to Auburn and with no one of quality over 6'6'', he does QUITE well.....oh, and he is a coaches son....had an outstanding career at UNC (was their leader in 3 pt shots made in a career until recently).....and his father is one of his assistant coaches....

All you people want is a name...an old name...how about hiring a COACH (for a change) that'll CHANGE men's hoops at UT forever....now that is a novel idea that UT could really use!

Of course, I never let facts get in the way of some AD making a poor decision!

He may very well be a great coach and I am confident that he would be an improvement over Buzz. The problem it that he is still unproven on the SEC level. I have heard several people mention that he could be the guy. :dunno:

Maybe we should go after the NAIA coach who broke Dean Smith's record before Pat Summitt did.

I'm just kidding. Don't flame me.

I believe I heard Knight say the other night before I went to bed on Sunday Sports Xtra(for those of you in the East TN area)that he would quit Texas Tech before he would take our job.....So you can take any conclusion you want from that but I took it as he didn't want it...Maybe I misunderstood him

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Mar 19, 2005 1:24 AM
I believe I heard Knight say the other night before I went to bed on Sunday Sports Xtra(for those of you in the East TN area)that he would quit Texas Tech before he would take our job.....So you can take any conclusion you want from that but I took it as he didn't want it...Maybe I misunderstood him

In case you missed it, here's what was said:

"I read something sometime during the season," Knight responded, "where I was interested in coaching a job that would be one of the last jobs that, I mean, I'd quit before I'd take it."

"You know, I've got a little bit tired of that over my time in coaching," Knight added.

When Phillips asked whether that answer meant he had been contacted or not, Knight said, "If you can't get an answer from that, you ought to go back to school."

did anyone see pti?

mariotti and michael smith were playing replacements. mariotti said that knight is for sure not coming to ut, so forget about it..

hmmmmm, what does he know?

VN Store

Back