Will They Be Ready?

Fadeproof

Resident Dawg Genius
So do you think Fulmer will have the Offense ready for the 3 headed dragon? Pollack, Thurman and Davis :unsure:

If we don't vastly improve from last weeks mistakes then I don't see any promise in a victory for us.Our guys need to hold there heads up and put last week behind them.If we come out flat it's going to be a long day.I think our o-line and defense have something to prove this week.We need to come out early and establish the run.This team has alot of talent on it ,we just need to mature as a group.

Based on the last game I would think that Fulmer would do a better job of preparing his Offense for a good defense. Despite the way that they looked, UT has the potential to be a very good offense. I don't think that LSU has a very good offense, but were able to somehow score 16 points. The key will be the play of the line. If they can get the best of GA's d-line (meaning keep Pollack off balance) then they can have a decent day. This one will be won in the trenches.

I agree that it will be won in the trenchs but it Ainge or Schaeffer tries to run Thurman, Blue or Davis are going to meet them with a bad attitude. I hope Phil is letting them watch film of the DAWGS previous 4 games were the QB's got severly punished after trying to pass the line of scrimmage.

I don't know what the hell Fulmer was thinking, trying to have Ainge run.

And I think the offensive line for Tennessee is still very talented, they just choked against AU. Michael Munoz is a great blocker.

fullofmenur need's to quit thinking of the next buffet he's headed to after the game, and think more about football...

vols will loose against the bulldogs . my predict 42-10
and against the gamecocks as well... 28-14
the rest of the season all wins....

no, sec champs !!!

SEC champ. game (auburn vs. georgia)

Am I worried about Fulmer? No. Am I worried about Randy F. Sanders? Yes! :bad:

Let’s look at this season from a somewhat historical perspective.

The Vols entered the 1995 matchup with Florida with high expectations. They were already 2-0, which included a big win over Georgia. However, 4 turnovers would be the Vols undoing as they gave up 41 second half points to the Gators. The Vols lost 62-37. It was one of the worst defensive games that I can remember the Vols playing... and the offense did not help with the turnovers. However the Vols rebounded like this,

52-14 win over Miss State
31-0 win over Oklahoma State
49-31 win over Arkansas
41-14 win over Alabama
56-21 win over South Carolina
42-0 win over Southern Miss
34-31 win over Kentucky
12-7 win over Vanderbilt
20-14 win over Ohio State (& Heisman winner Eddie George)

Similarly, the Vols entered the Auburn game this season with a 3-0 record, which included a big win over rival Florida. 6 turnovers aided the loss as the Vols gave up 31 first half points. As bad as this game was defensively, it was not 62 points and the Tigers did not ring 500+ yards of offense. Hopefully, the Vols will rebound, just like 1995, take care of business, and win some ballgames.

easy allvol the truth teller will call you out about using past statitics to justify your pride in your program, as 4 me I like it ...1 loss doesn't make the season and this team can come back too....oops there I go thinking we can win another one sorry truth teller don't want to offend you or anything.

So far the so called 'truthteller' has not given any insight into football. All he's done is criticize others opinions. Its hard to criticize someone for what they "believe". If somebody still believes that the Vols are the best team, even after the Auburn loss, can you really tell them they can't believe that? You can try and convince them, but to just say, U CNT BLEVE THAT, will never get a person anywhere.

Some people get a kick out of stirring things up. I won't post any more responses to 'truthteller' until he can post something constructive.

Originally posted by gator@Oct 4, 2004 7:53 PM
fullofmenur need's to quit thinking of the next buffet he's headed to after the game, and think more about football...

vols will loose against the bulldogs . my predict 42-10
and against the gamecocks as well... 28-14
the rest of the season all wins....

no, sec champs !!!

SEC champ. game (auburn vs. georgia)

Those are both gonna be tough games.

VN Store

Back