Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

There’s no chance in hell its happening. And it shouldn’t. The coaching searches just set us back so much. We have to commit to Pruitt. But what I’d like to see is fulmer giving him some clear demands. Mainly...telling him point blank to get Jg the hell out of the game. Also, we need to stop extending the guys contract. Why in the holy hell did fulmer extend him? Who the hell was going to hire him away from us? My god some of these ad’s are dumb. So ridiculous to extend the contract and basically ensure that no matter what happens he gets paid something like 25 mill over the next 6 years.
He’ll get at least 3 more years. Hopefully he’ll load up the roster with talent and see his buy out slowly decrease as he gets later into his contract. I hope he turns it around but I e lost all faith in his ability. The inability to recognize what any ordinary fan can see is worrisome.

You don’t. Read the posts in this thread and you will understand.

No one here knows. You dont. I dont. We are all just making educated guesses based on hypotheticals. The only way this becomes even a potential issue is an implosion against Arky and Vandy that leads to 2-8.

Remember we fired Fulmer during the middle of the 2008 Financial Crisis. If the will is strong enough, anything can happen.

I say no, can't do it now even if we choke out. Just not the time for it. Need so.e stability in the program and this sucks just thinking about it

You don’t. Read the posts in this thread and you will understand.
You don't either. I gave my opinion and it's as useless as yours. We have no idea what a two win season would do. Scare everyone off? Motivate donors to throw something crazy at Urban? AD makes a panic move and sets us further back than ever? A two win season with a fairly veteran team feels like it could be a catalyst, good or bad.

No one here knows. You dont. I dont. We are all just making educated guesses based on hypotheticals. The only way this becomes even a potential issue is an implosion against Arky and Vandy that leads to 2-8.
Most here understand the problems of firing Pruitt before the end of 2021 because of the extension and buyout clause. Unless Pruitt creates a situation to be fired for cause he will be here thru 2021. Losing to Vandy will not change the situation.

Oh great, I would love to pay more money to a coach that has been fired and is at another school coaching for pennies so he can draw his full amount from Tennessee. Somebody needs to take Butch's $200,000 a month salary ends Feb 2021 let's just fill the money gap and run with it. NO......hypothetically speaking.

You don't either. I gave my opinion and it's as useless as yours. We have no idea what a two win season would do. Scare everyone off? Motivate donors to throw something crazy at Urban? AD makes a panic move and sets us further back than ever? A two win season with a fairly veteran team feels like it could be a catalyst, good or bad.
See post #61 and all the other posts in this thread stating the same opinion. We do know.

Most here understand the problems of firing Pruitt before the end of 2021 because of the extension and buyout clause. Unless Pruitt creates a situation to be fired for cause he will be here thru 2021. Losing to Vandy will not change the situation.

Most here would understand not to speak in absolutes without intimate knowledge of all the decision maker's motives and finances.

No way. We’re on the Pruitt train for 2 more seasons at least regardless of ‘20.

Pruitt would be back in Bama coaching D making $4mil a year from UT. What are we gonna do next, buy the frickin cigars for them too?

Reactions: Tombo7
See post #61 and all the other posts in this thread stating the same opinion. We do know.
Well gosh I'm glad you know. Give us a heads up when things change.

Nobody "knows" anything. It's likely the sun will come up tomorrow and I'd certainly bet on it. I can't say I "know" it.

Dabo came about from an interim hire. My Clemson friends "knew" he'd be gone at the end of the year.

A lot of people "knew" Fulmer would never be associated with the program again.

I think it's likely a 2 win season could be a catalyst, good or bad. But I don't "know" things like you guys do.

I'd argue the last thing we need is to keep a coach that might not be cut out for the job. I think a serious discussion should be had at 2-8 or 3-7.

Just because you "know football" doesnt mean you know how to be head coach of a SEC team. Those are 2 different things
Yup and the last 3 Head Coaches hasn’t worked out either. Clemson should have fired Dabo after his 3rd season. Saban should have been fired form Michigan State by all your standards. Because both these coaches was average coaches in there 3rd year of head coaching.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I'd argue the last thing we need is to keep a coach that might not be cut out for the job. I think a serious discussion should be had at 2-8 or 3-7.

Just because you "know football" doesnt mean you know how to be head coach of a SEC team. Those are 2 different things

If Pruitt goes 2-8 or 3-7 this season, then all the discussions about him being the “right guy” should be thrown out the window.

It’ll be unacceptable.

Lmao no. Pruitt is Fulmer's guy. He wouldn't get fired if we go 2-8

No chance. He could lose out and the administration would not make a change. Covid covers all this season and Pruitt just got an extension.

2-4 years for success or the actually hot seat will start.

Yup and the last 3 Head Coaches hasn’t worked out either. Clemson should have fired Dabo after his 3rd season. Saban should have been fired form Michigan State by all your standards. Because both these coaches was average coaches in there 3rd year of head coaching.
To be fair, a 6-7 season is a lot different than a 2 win season. Not sure that's a apples to apples comparison, if Pruitt ends up with 2 wins. Hopefully he runs the table starting this weekend

I wonder if the fine for Covid violations could.be used as "cause" for termination due to endangerment of the players...

But no he wont be fired

Seriously, don't see Pruitt going anywhere before 2022 barring complete disaster.

With the virus, I doubt even 2-8 gets him fired, especially since it reflects bad on Fulmer too.

VN Store

Back