Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

Hypothetically, if this team goes 2-8, does not develop a QB, further staff turmoil, and gets run off the field by Arky and Vandy. What happens then?

In my opinion, this is about the only scenario where I think youd see a change

No it’s not happening. If we fire our coach after 3 years not only will be lose our top 5 recruiting class but then we will have a hard time finding a replacement that will take the job knowing it could end after 3 years. Dabo took 8 years to turn Clemson around and Saban was an average Big10 coach before coming to LSU and then failing miserably in the NFL before being the coach he is today at Alabama. I’m not saying Pruitt will turn into either one but we do not know only after 3 years. Now does he need to improve and show player advancement, absolutely. But I do not believe it will be a good idea to fire him after this year considering it’s the year of the Covid and all players can return next year if they chose to for an extra year. I am just as pissed as everyone else in how we have played last 2 weeks and after I calm down and think about it and realize we are not going 0-10 in the sec and that Butch last almost 5 years and if that clown can get 5 years almost then we need to trust in Pruitt that he is gonna make the right changes as they are needed.
We aren't going to have a Top 5 class when it all shakes out this year. We are down to No. 9 on the composite now and more teams will pass us as they fill out they're classes. We'll probably end up 10-15, our early high ranking was based on volume. Otherwise I agree with your sentiments.

Not just no but lol no. Pruitt could lose every game the rest of the year and UT wouldn’t fire him.

You gotta give this coach 5 years if or no other reason than recruiting. But yeah they ain’t getting rid of him this year.. aight

You have to remember Fulmers job is tied to Pruitt, it would take a booster coup against Fulmer.... Likely? No but I'll never say never with the way things go around here. Honestly coaching searches are the only thing that have given us hope and some joy over recent years.

Next year could be a different story and also good for Jimmy Hyams for calling Pruitt out about the buyout money for the DL coach....

I think if we go 2-8, Fulmer's hand will be forced. At 4-6, Pruitt is safe but on super hot seat for 21.

3-7 would be interesting. He's likely safe but if team continues to quit, then Fulmer may pull plug to save his own rear.
No, 2-8 will Not create a coaching change. Pruitt will be HC thru the end 2021 because of the buyout clause.

We aren't going to have a Top 5 class when it all shakes out this year. We are down to No. 9 on the composite now and more teams will pass us as they fill out they're classes. We'll probably end up 10-15, our early high ranking was based on volume. Otherwise I agree with your sentiments.
We are about #15 now.

Short of him quiting or wanting out, no.

Fulmer is not gonna pull the plug that quick and even if he wanted to, covid revenues will stop it.

Honestly, UT doesn't having anywhere to go firing their 2nd coach in the last 3, in their 3rd year. And if they did they would go the opposite direction. Dont know this as fact but more than likely you re hiring an AD too if that time comes very soon.

UT is in a spot where they re gonna have to ride a coach out longer than most want to wait. For better or worse Pruitt wasn't ready or capable to fix this in 3 or even 4 years. UT didn't hire a quick fix. He may not fix it anyway but as long as he's willing to put in the work UT has nothing better to do than give him longer to do it. Thats gonna piss a lot of people off but history should tell you the odds are not in favor of the next one being right either.

He has caught a lot of heat the last 2 weeks. And the buck stops with him. He got credit for the finish last year and the start this year, but when you have 2 bad outings in a row you re gonna hear it. Comes with the job.
Having said all of that, I'm watching what he does with the QB position going forward like many will. Its not the only problem but its the one that makes the biggest difference right now.

Reactions: 1967vol
Fire a coach who 90 minutes of football ago was going to win the East. Who 90 minutes ago was taking TN to the promise land. These are the same people who wanted to start HB in game 1 only 5 practices {due to his health and C19) out of high school.
Saban was 19 and 16 his first 3 years at Mich ST. Mike Leach was 23-16 at Texas Tech 12-25 at Wash ST. Most good coaches have similar first 3 yr records. I don't know if JP can or can not coach. Nor do you. Stay behind the team or find a new one. JP isn't going anywhere and these comments do not look good to recuirts.

Thanks to Fulmer giving him an extension we can’t fire him until the end of 2021 at the earliest. Pruitt’s tenure has been nothing but red flags from day one, but Fulmer would have to admit he made a mistake in hiring him and that will never happen. Fulmer doubled down on a bad decision so we’re stuck with him.

Reactions: BSAvol

VN Store

Back