Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

No. We can't keep firing and dealing with buyouts. Especially with the lost revenue from covid. I don't think Pruitt pans out either, but he's given time as we are in a horrible situation currently.

Only if the boosters push to fire Fulmer first...Fulmer has a LONG history of unjustifiable loyalty to subordinates. He will rarely fire one except to safe his own neck.
The boosters need to push for a quarterback
Change. If that happens the rest will take care
of itself.

I don't think so, but it would put pressure squarely on him to make drastic improvements next year. If he failed to respond the next year he would be on the hot seat.

I think the absolute earliest Pruitt would be fired is late in or after the 2022 season.

Rightly or wrongly, this season is going to be looked at as kind of a wash.

Reactions: volbound1700
No way, with the pandemic and all that this is literally a throw away year, nobody should want a coaching change, some will, but we've been rebuilding for a decade now because of coaching changes

Like him or not he gets 5 years. Fulmer will not make a change and this is not to say that I think a change is needed.

I think Pruitt deserves the time and I hope that he will improve. I hate that he is getting his training on us, but truth be told he took a job that not many if any proven coaches would touch at the time.

The roster was not very talented and the talent that was there was tainted with bad habits and not used to working.

These issues started under Fulmer, but that would be another thread all together.

There should be, but its not going to be. We are stuck in this loop of mediocrity . Hire a second-level coach , watch him wallow around 4-5 years, rinse and repeat. Should have offered Mullen enough money to come here, it would be cheaper in the long run.

No way, with the pandemic and all that this is literally a throw away year, nobody should want a coaching change, some will, but we've been rebuilding for a decade now because of coaching changes

We haven't been rebuilding because of coaching changes, we've been rebuilding because of bad hires. You don't keep a coach who can't get you over the hump of mediocrity.

I think he would have to lose out for there to be any conceivable chance. And even then, very doubtful.

tenor.gif

We are gonna keep getting our butts handed to us by the big boys of the SEC and the Kentucky’s and SCs every other year. Is this something this fan base can accept? We have been dealing with mediocrity for 15 years. Until the fans stop coming to the games and the school starts losing money they will never go out and hire a big time coach. It’s sad because this program used to be one of the dominant programs of college football. Now we are the laughing stock. Was watching a golf tournament the other day and the announcer said hey Steve Flechs wildcats got a win the other day! Lanny Watkins said oh it was just against Tennessee! That’s not much of a win. I wanted to come through the TV.

Last edited:
I think it’s possible.

He just got a raise and extension. Plus it's a 10 game SEC Schedule, which is brutal. Believe the majority of Coach's will get a pass this season. Now if we go 4-6 this year and 5-7 or worse the next then I think there's a good chance he gets fired. That would be 4 yrs and if he throws up back to back losing seasons then we obviously swung and missed again. I still have faith in Pruitt and really want him to succeed.

Reactions: jonnon111
Today is going to be embarrassing. Will watch with one eye closed .Used to do pretzels of if’s and butts but even those days against Bama are gone.

I think it’s possible.

He should have 4 years to turn the program around. 4th year - all his players. If it ain't happened by the end of 2021, it's not gonna happen. Very disappointing thus far! but after his glorious quarterback is gone, and his recruits have matured, there will be no more excuse whatsoever for the bad results his program is getting famous for. At that point cut him loose and get a someone who is up for the job.

VN Store

Back