Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

It wont happen, but it should. Fun fact, Pruitt will have the same exact record as Butch did halfway through year 3 with a loss to the tide today. Identical. And Pruitt will be 0-8 against Georgia, Bama, and UF.

I'd argue the last thing we need is to keep a coach that might not be cut out for the job. I think a serious discussion should be had at 2-8 or 3-7.

Just because you "know football" doesnt mean you know how to be head coach of a SEC team. Those are 2 different things

What is inherently different about being the head coach of an SEC team? He has basically been in the SEC his entire life. He didn’t just forget how to coach, he needs time to build a more complete roster - this is obvious. I’d say we’re about 75% of the way there but a large portion of that remaining 25% is QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1967vol
Q: Will there be a coaching change if we go 4-6 or worse?

A: No. And Jon Gruden is not going to be coaching the Vols either. Ever.

I wish Pruitt would fire Weinke and talk to Peyton about the QB coaching job. One can wish or dream can't he?

It won't happen, but it should. Fun fact, Pruitt has the same exact record as Butch did halfway through year three 15-15. Identical. And Pruitt is 0-8 against Georgia, Bama, and UF. We are not closing the gap.

Don't see many coaching changes anywhere this year due to the craziness that surround it. Next year thought it will be op-en season around the country on coaches.

VN Store

Back