Will the Vols really be in the top 25 next year?

Only at 17..dang I thought it would be much higher....:p
not sure we break the top 25 but believe like Behr we see a lot better product on the field....
If we are 17 or higher at the end of the season then CJP should be COY in the SEC...

Reactions: volfan1nc
I think we can win 8 games and with a bowl win we could be between 20-25 in the final poll we got to win 7 games for recruiting if we go 5 and 7 the elite won't come there isn't many programs that can pull in a class like we did this year coming of a 5 and 7 and 4 and 8 the year before we got to show the recruits with wins this year they get tired of the saying wait till next year just like the fans do it time to show it on the field.

We definitely have enough upperclassmen to do well. Will see how much progress is made throughout the Spring. I like all the optimism, and think the Vols have the potential to be better than 17th.

Reactions: LittleVol
I look back at how poorly the o line played and have to think that with just a little bit of improvement, we pick up 2 wins over last season and go to a bowl game. At least 2 of those losses were mental collapses. Vandy and Mizzou were winnable games. SC should have been a win. I firmly believe that Kentucky should be a win again this year as well as BYU and MissSt. Slap wins for the 3 cupcakes and we should have at least 7 wins. Steal a game from FL, GA, or Bama and see what happens.....

I think we can win 8 games and with a bowl win we could be between 20-25 in the final poll we got to win 7 games for recruiting if we go 5 and 7 the elite won't come there isn't many programs that can pull in a class like we did this year coming of a 5 and 7 and 4 and 8 the year before we got to show the recruits with wins this year they get tired of the saying wait till next year just like the fans do it time to show it on the field.
I'm in.

I agree with Behr on this one. I think the overall product on the field will likely look better but the record may only be slightly better such as 6-6 or 7-5.

I think OP is referring to preseason rankings. Some polls have come out predicting us to be preseason ranked Top 25, including the ESPN power ranking.

We may crack the top 25 after we start 3-0. If not then I wouldn’t think we’d be ranked at any other point during the season.

Reactions: RockY ToP 85
In the East??
Seriously, I was pretty optimistic coming into last year with the new staff and all. I got a swift reality kick in the butt, though, so I'm reluctant to get my hopes up too much; however, if the O line improves like they should and the D line can somehow step up, I could see us with 7, possibly 8 wins. With our schedule we play every year, a #25 ranking isn't too unreasonable with a regular season record like that..

Seriously, I was pretty optimistic coming into last year with the new staff and all. I got a swift reality kick in the butt, though, so I'm reluctant to get my hopes up too much; however, if the O line improves like they should and the D line can somehow step up, I could see us with 7, possibly 8 wins. With our schedule we play every year, a #25 ranking isn't too unreasonable with a regular season record like that..
I was being sarcastic.....Im predicting 8-4

We may crack the top 25 after we start 3-0. If not then I wouldn’t think we’d be ranked at any other point during the season.

Yep. We’ll likely get top 25 pre-UF game so it televises as two teams ranked.

By the end of the season with our 6 or 7 regular season wins we won’t be ranked top 25.

VN Store

Back