Will the officials

I don't have a problem with the call, IMO it was unnecessary roughness. My problem with the call is that if Bama had done that the refs would have looked the other way. A lot of biased officiating among the elite teams going on in the SEC. That being said if the Vols keep improving maybe we will get some of those calls one day.
He just watched the play until it was over. I have watched players do this for 40 years and no penalty was ever considered or thrown. It was a BS call and changed the momentum of the game.

Reactions: preacherwebb
IF they are, so called “held accountable” it should be made public every week.
What is the process?
What are the ramifications of incompetency?

Don’t these institutions on higher education receive public funds?
Would love for some “sports journalists” and I use that term loosely, to file a FOIA and lets see exactly how they are disciplined for blatantly bad calls!!!

Enough of this BS!!

If journalists weren't so lazy this could absolutely charge sports drastically.

Actually it wasn’t crap. I’ve seen PF flags thrown just for kneeling over the QB to watch the result of the play, minus the push. I know it didn’t look bad in slow motion but watch it at live speed, whole different animal then. UT trying to imitate Auburn I guess.

Bet you weren’t saying throw the flag in this one.E8EEC5EF-66A9-41C5-8B92-A47413C2810A.gif

I don't have a problem with the call, IMO it was unnecessary roughness. My problem with the call is that if Bama had done that the refs would have looked the other way. A lot of biased officiating among the elite teams going on in the SEC. That being said if the Vols keep improving maybe we will get some of those calls one day.
Let's make a distinction here. As a poster said in another thread, it was not roughness but rudeness and should be announced as such. It was an idiot call to change the momentum of the game, and not the only one.

Reactions: jboyinmiss
He just watched the play until it was over. I have watched players do this for 40 years and no penalty was ever considered or thrown. It was a BS call and changed the momentum of the game.
Youre absolutely right, it was a bs call. I am just saying had it been a bama player the ref would have looked the other way. Emotions run high on a football field and alot of crap needs to be overlooked. Rules committees are going to ruin the game of football and soon it wont be the number 1 sport in America anymore. But still it was unnecessary although in the heat of the moment understandable.

Ok so question. How is Taylor supposed to get up? Roll off the QB or sorta slide off his back? First say “uh hey bud, excuse me cause I need to put my hands on you so I can get up.” I’m being serious here....what’s the proper way for him to have handled that situation?

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
The 4th down call against Darrell Taylor was horrible. True enough he should have got up and not pushed off Jones but he didn't load up and press off him he simply just pushed up. The movement didn't even change Jones body movement smh. Horrible

And another thing that really pisses me off is the national effing headline over Tua. It’s almost like the unfathomable has happened that he got hurt. I can literally picture news writers jumping out of windows over him being injured. Not a single word about the officiating or how UT came ready to play. Just a bunch of hand wringing over a one week injury. I swear I think if it were up to a vote that some of the clowns would chose to push pause and resume the season once he was able.

And another thing that really pisses me off is the national effing headline over Tua. It’s almost like the unfathomable has happened that he got hurt. I can literally picture news writers jumping out of windows over him being injured. Not a single word about the officiating or how UT came ready to play. Just a bunch of hand wringing over a one week injury. I swear I think if it were up to a vote that some of the clowns would chose to push pause and resume the season once he was able.
Ut fans are optimistic that we were competitive for 3 qtrs but we still lost by 22 points to a team which lost its star Qb early so the media is not focused on the UT performance and they could care less about the officiating.

Actually it wasn’t crap. I’ve seen PF flags thrown just for kneeling over the QB to watch the result of the play, minus the push. I know it didn’t look bad in slow motion but watch it at live speed, whole different animal then. UT trying to imitate Auburn I guess.

tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Reactions: bullet20
Ok so question. How is Taylor supposed to get up? Roll off the QB or sorta slide off his back? First say “uh hey bud, excuse me cause I need to put my hands on you so I can get up.” I’m being serious here....what’s the proper way for him to have handled that situation?

Exactly. If he had taken more time to get up the ref would still have thrown the flag. They were looking for a reason to keep the drive alive. Momentum was on our side and the refs decided to put a stop to it.

If we scored on the play from the one rather than fumble they would have called a false start on #74 left TE which I believe was Calbert

Did anyone see the play at the end of the first half before bama tried the field goal? It only took one freaking second off the clock lmao. The clock didn't start until the kid caught the ball.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

If he misses a game or stats aren't up to snuff, bye bye Heisman young Tua.

If we scored on the play from the one rather than fumble they would have called a false start on #74 left TE which I believe was Calbert

Our TEs with the only exception being one catch DWA, usually makes A catch per game are really poor football players. Do as Bama does, put a couple of 3rd team OLs in 80 or 90 numbered jersies and put them out there. It's not like our TEs are blocking anyway and only one will make a catch at all.

Go back and watch the bama players after sacking Fromm last year, and shoving his face in the ground in front of the ref with no flag. Then tell me Taylor deserves a penalty.

I said it a few years ago, sports in general is becoming unwatchable due to poor officials, and poorly called games. The "it evens out" statement is ********, it doesn't.

You basically have to stop watching.
couldn't have said it better, if the games are fixed, why watch.

EVER be held accountable. Every coach is terrified of the ramifications of criticizing the refs. After the BS penalty on Taylor, the booth ref says in a smug tone “it was a personal foul.” The announcers disagreed with one stating “I’m a former player and that was not a personal foul.” We had a chance and the refs took it away. Are there any repercussions for the refs? I think they are influenced by Saban and the successful programs way too much. They have become horrible. I really don’t see how the coaches maintain their composure in some cases.
No

The head ref in last nights Tennessee and Alabama was one of the worst refs i have seen all season. I hope he never refs another Tennessee game. When refs like him make bad calls they should be held accountable and have to sit out a game without pay.
You will see fat Albert again unfortunately. He does suck as a ref! He’s awful. Has been for years! No accountability!

I said it a few years ago, sports in general is becoming unwatchable due to poor officials, and poorly called games. The "it evens out" statement is ********, it doesn't.

You basically have to stop watching.

Until there is a "Chief Official" or some such in the replay booth, who can overrule penalty calls and call penalties when onfield officials are attempting to throw the game (see UT, UK, USCe) the scum refs are going to continue to decide who wins. Saturday was a new low in college football. I am truly ashamed of the SEC

Bet you weren’t saying throw the flag in this one.View attachment 232557

I guess Bama Jack went back into his hole after your reply.

I don't recall a player in college ball getting penalized for a push this soft, and I've seen probably hundreds or thousands of pushes. The ESPN rules expert who said it was a foul was coming from the standpoint of the letter of the rule. Technically, it was a foul. But, in reality it is rarely or never called. Until last night at a critical time in the ballgame.

And that soft call was made within a few plays of JG getting his helmet knocked off when he was hit in the head by the Bama player (no call), Tim Jordan apparently getting called for a soft holding penalty that the ref actually announced as #64, and J. Jennings trying to catch a pass with the DB wrapped around him (no call). Hell, get the rules expert to judge the no call on the Jennings play. No way that wasn't interference by the letter of the rule.

Agree. It's been done for a long time and was essentially de rigueur for Penn State defensive backs to do that to receivers when Sandusky was coaching.

VN Store

Back