Will Tayven Jackson be available in the Orange Bowl?

May not matter if he’s third on the depth chart next year. He’d probably enter the portal in that case. Just the way things are now unfort
Fortunately with Heupel as HC all these guys have incentive to stay. Playing time may come sooner at other places but how many places are going to put them in a better position come draft day? Hooker had 1 full season as starter and became a top 5 QB.

Josh Heupel Optimistic to Have Tayven Jackson for Orange Bowl | Rocky Top Insider

Jackson participated in the Vols’ practice on Friday and Saturday and went through passing drills in front of the media in attendance.

He’s been back, he’s been practicing here the last week,” Heupel continued on to say about Jackson. “As long as we continue on that (path) I feel like he’ll be available for us when we get to Miami.”

Why would Nico portal if he’s not the starter. Once JM leaves it’ll probably be his. If he left mid season he wouldn’t be taking snaps any sooner anyplace else. Also he can play in 4 games and still keep his Redshirt.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
The thing about Nico, is he will WANT to play soon. That portal hangs in the balance. It's as dangerous as beneficial.

I agree about the portal. If Nico is as good as advertised, he should be playing some or even starting if Milton bombs out. I personaly hope Milton can do the job, redshirt Nico. i think we will see what we have in Milton in this bowl game. If he is the same Milton we have seen when he started, we better have someone else ready,, whether it be Jackson, or Nico, or transfer portal.

Why would Nico portal if he’s not the starter. Once JM leaves it’ll probably be his. If he left mid season he wouldn’t be taking snaps any sooner anyplace else. Also he can play in 4 games and still keep his Redshirt.

If Nico thinks he is the better qb and don't win the starting job, he will transfer. If he understands he needs to learn more, he will stay imo

The thing about Nico, is he will WANT to play soon. That portal hangs in the balance. It's as dangerous as beneficial.
Nico isn’t going to jump after one year if Milton runs away with the job. Even Brice Young redshirted a year. Arch is likely to redshirt. Richardson redshirted at Fla. The guys that jump are guys like Ewers who was going to ride the bench at OSU for 2-3 years while Stroud was on campus.

If Nico thinks he is the better qb and don't win the starting job, he will transfer. If he understands he needs to learn more, he will stay imo

Why would he transfer? If he loses the starting job to Joe Milton, then he’ll transfer so he can start somewhere else in 2024 instead of starting at Tennessee in 2024 after Milton is gone? That makes no sense.

He’s not transferring unless he loses the job in 2024 to Tayven Jackson.

Why would he transfer? If he loses the starting job to Joe Milton, then he’ll transfer so he can start somewhere else in 2024 instead of starting at Tennessee in 2024 after Milton is gone? That makes no sense.

He’s not transferring unless he loses the job in 2024 to Tayven Jackson.

What I am saying is, if he loses the starting job to Milton, and he feels he has done much better in practice than Milton has, it will certainly have an effect on him. Like, I know I have outperformed Milton, but he still starts, what if I do better than Jackson and Jackson can still start. Things have changed a lot in college football. with NIL and transfer portal. I hope you are right and he does not transfer. But if he does there will be a college to offer him a starting position if he were to go there. Look at he players who have transferred in the last few year, Hooker, 2 qb from Ga. can't remember the names right now but one is the starting qb in nfl, and these all went on to do very good, Burrow from Lsu. a transfer and starting qb in nfl; Hurts from bama. and starting qb in nfl.The days of riding the bench are gone for the good or thinks they are good players. Again, I hope you are right. And I sure hope Nico stays if he doesn't start next year.

Just saw a photo in the Nico Iamaleava thread on the recruiting board of Tayven practicing. So that's a good sign.
Throwing passes is different than taking a hit. The clavicle takes a while to heal. If you play too early, you're just begging to fracture it again.

I can think of eight million reasons why he wants to stay in the Knoxville area.

Reactions: WaveFan
Nico isn’t going to jump after one year if Milton runs away with the job. Even Brice Young redshirted a year. Arch is likely to redshirt. Richardson redshirted at Fla. The guys that jump are guys like Ewers who was going to ride the bench at OSU for 2-3 years while Stroud was on campus.

You must be forgetting several qb who transferred and are now playing in the nfl. Burrow, Hurts, Burrow, and one from ga, all starting in the nfl and all transferred. There are more, just can't think of their names now.

You must be forgetting several qb who transferred and are now playing in the nfl. Burrow, Hurts, Burrow, and one from ga, all starting in the nfl and all transferred. There are more, just can't think of their names now.

Fields from Georgia. Jacob Eason from Georgia. Soon to add JT Daniels from Georgia.

Kirby prefers the 5'9" 170 pound quarterbacks over the NFL guys.

It is working for him

I didn't start the conversation, I just replied to someone else, and yes I agree, it is a lot early to start this discussion

Whoops....sorry.

I just happened to stagger by to see if we might have Navy playing in Orange Bowl.

Nevermind

VN Store

Back