Will Pittman Poach Chaney?

I don't see any way Arkansas would match Chaney's salary, and no way Chaney would take a pay cut. Pittman might be his best friend but I just can't see Chaney leaving his daughter who attends UT for a pay cut and a Jerry Jones run dumpster fire.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Chaney could have gotten the same money at Georgia that he received here. His family legitimately likes it here. I can’t see him leaving at all but at the bare minimum until his daughter graduates.

Reactions: feathersax
I'm hoping this staff stays together at least when we play for the SEC championship . Then you know the offers will come and it'll be hard to keep it together .

UT reaps in gobs of money, even when teams are not so good. A championship level UT will be flooded with money. Fulmer refuses to let people walk in and raid us with impunity. Armed with massive, massive revenue, nobody gets lured away unless he wants them too.

If Arkansas could outbid us, which I doubt, I think Fulmer would beat it. Chaney also loves it here and he just arrived, so this scenario seems pretty unlikely to me.

LOL, Chaney loves it here. He's not going to that nuclear wasteland.
Don't you realize that all our assistants and players are champing at th bit to move to Arkansas? Not. Some people must stay awaked at night trying to figure out what might possibility happen in the make believe world.

Last edited:
Reactions: feathersax and AM64
His messaged was diluted because he eluded that to which he alluded. Maybe some dilaudid would help.:cool:

Always had to laugh when people - some actually posing as academics - thought that you could teach English (at least our variety) with phonics. That ranks right up there with and maybe even surpasses "new math" as educational "innovation".

Reactions: feathersax
There's no way, no way, that Arkansas could pay him more than we are. If he left, then it would have zero to do with money.

The younger Briles will end up at Ole Miss with Kiffin. Think his first name is Kendal.
Either one would be a good OC.
Its arts offense with kendall adding his touch.
The issue w kendall is he insists on HIS OL coach and apparently friend is untouchable here.

I agree that kendall will move to ole miss

Just saw a video in the recruitment forum where two reporters were speculating over the impact of Pittman leaving UGA. One of the factoids they brought out was how fast the Arky offer to Pittman concluded. One of the guys said Pittman owns real estate in Arkansas and has always intended to retire there someday. So there you have it Chaney is positioned for his retirement and Pittman is positioned for his. They'll remain friends forever that stuff never changes but where you live is not based on friendship.

I doubt we lose any of the staff this year! Everyone is clamoring about being back in 2021, I think we compete for the SEC East in 2020! Florida will not be better, UGA IS getting worse. We are getting better. 10-2 next year and it won't be a surprise to me!!!!!!

VN Store

Back