Will Pittman Poach Chaney?

Cheney is home. This is where his family is and goes to school.

In other news, Mike Bobo is new OC at SCAR (Kirby waited too long), Clemson OC Scott to be HC at South Florida, replacing Charlie Strong.

Kentucky QB/Swiss Army Knife Bowden entering draft as is CB Henderson from Florida.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Word is that Pittman is going after Colorado's OC. That's according to the guy who does the Arkansas radio broadcast.

Word is that Pittman is going after Colorado's OC. That's according to the guy who does the Arkansas radio broadcast.
UGA just hired Matt Luke. Don’t know if it’s to just coach line or as OC.

Just saw a video in the recruitment forum where two reporters were speculating over the impact of Pittman leaving UGA. One of the factoids they brought out was how fast the Arky offer to Pittman concluded. One of the guys said Pittman owns real estate in Arkansas and has always intended to retire there someday. So there you have it Chaney is positioned for his retirement and Pittman is positioned for his. They'll remain friends forever that stuff never changes but where you live is not based on friendship.
I keep seeing this referenced. Anybody KNOW their relationship status? Never see pics of them together.

Chaney left Pittman at Georgia for the same job at Tennessee. He ain’t going anywhere, especially Arkansas. He arguably took a step down from UGA to come HERE. He won’t take another step down to go to Arkansas. He also loves Knoxville and doesn’t he have a daughter here?

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Chaney left Pittman at Georgia for the same job at Tennessee. He ain’t going anywhere, especially Arkansas. He arguably took a step down from UGA to come HERE. He won’t take another step down to go to Arkansas. He also loves Knoxville and doesn’t he have a daughter here?
I’m still hearing the Colorado OC is Pittman’s choice. He’s looking at Barry Odom as his DC if Odom doesn’t get the Memphis job.

No way. Chaney finally has Tennessee headed in the right direction. He is the highest paid OC in NCAA football. He likes living in Tennessee. Apparently has kids attending UT. He has unfinished business here.

According to USA Today, Sark makes more than Chaney. Several S coordinators make more. This list doesn't include Chad Morris's salary as Auburn's OC. No doubt that Chaney is well compensated at UT, though.

College Football Assistant Coach Salaries - USA TODAY

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-020502.png
    Screenshot_20191211-020502.png
    198.9 KB · Views: 24
According to USA Today, Sark makes more than Chaney. Several S coordinators make more. This list doesn't include Chad Morris's salary as Auburn's OC. No doubt that Chaney is well compensated at UT, though.

College Football Assistant Coach Salaries - USA TODAY

Hmm... for some reason I though that was the news when we got him. I wonder if Sark renegotiated or maybe the incentives push Chaney over that amount? Or maybe my memory is simply failing me 🤣

Reactions: AM64
Hmm... for some reason I though that was the news when we got him. I wonder if Sark renegotiated or maybe the incentives push Chaney over that amount? Or maybe my memory is simply failing me 🤣

One thing I think I remember from Pruitt's hiring and his acquisition of assistants was that Pruitt negotiated his salary downward to increase the budget for assistants and coordinators. That significantly impressed me, and I've always thought it marked him as someone who actually understood that the guy at the top is only as good as the people working for him ... something obviously missing in this world of astronomically paid but under-performing corporate leaders who think only of themselves. I don't recall ever hearing more about that, but I swear it didn't come to me in a dream.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
One thing I think I remember from Pruitt's hiring and his acquisition of assistants was that Pruitt negotiated his salary downward to increase the budget for assistants and coordinators. That significantly impressed me, and I've always thought it marked him as someone who actually understood that the guy at the top is only as good as the people working for him ... something obviously missing in this world of astronomically paid but under-performing corporate leaders who think only of themselves. I don't recall ever hearing more about that, but I swear it didn't come to me in a dream.
You are spot on. I like people who think like you and appreciate people who think like Pruitt. Your memory serves you well. These types of things are rarely highlighted enough, but I hope it will be just one of many aspects to a great story that is just in its early chapters.

That said, I have good news. My memory isn’t as bad as I thought!

Tennessee makes Jim Chaney the nation’s highest-paid offensive coordinator

Reactions: AM64
Cheney is home. This is where his family is and goes to school.

In other news, Mike Bobo is new OC at SCAR (Kirby waited too long), Clemson OC Scott to be HC at South Florida, replacing Charlie Strong.

Kentucky QB/Swiss Army Knife Bowden entering draft as is CB Henderson from Florida.
If Bowden doesn’t play in the bowl, UK will be hurting.

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back