will people buy GM cars now?

Go try to buy a "cheap" used jeep with under 20k miles on it and get back to me.

Dodge maybe a different story, but Jeep resale value is insane.

As long as you have one of the "good" jeeps (Cherokee, Wrangler,etc) and you will be alright on resale...Liberty and stuff like that....no so much.

I have a 00 Durango that is still parked at my dad's house. It was my 2nd car, and it still runs fine. Only reason why its not being driven right now is it needs new tires, and money is not a luxury I have right now :p. Other than that, great car...has 159,000 miles on it

As long as you have one of the "good" jeeps (Cherokee, Wrangler,etc) and you will be alright on resale...Liberty and stuff like that....no so much.

when did a Wrangler become a good Jeep? Maybe a girl's Jeep...:p

I might consider another Chrysler product, right now I own a 2005 Town and Country that's suited my needs just fine plus it gets nearly 30mph on long highway trips.

GM has always bothered me. Headlights that come on by themselves but not the tail lights, the Big Brother-ish OnStar system, uninspired designs (Chevy Malibu/Impala, Pontiac G5/6/8, etc.), the Quad-4 engine, weak warranties, terrible paint, etc.

Because of the additional cost caused by the UAW, they're not capable of producing a small car that doesn't lose gobs of money. Their solution is to take an unreliable design by Daewoo (complete with an interference engine), "Americanize" it, then sell it as the Aveo or G3. You'd have thought they'd learn from the awful Korean built Pontiac Lemans of the late 80's.

btw, Daewoo is not Kia or Hyundai and is something of the red-headed stepchild of the Korean automakers.

If you asked me two years ago I would have said I would never own an American vehicle. I must say I have a Suburban that I have been very pleased with. Yet if the Sequoia would have had just a tad more room I would have never bought the Suburban to begin with.

I'd rather have a Challenger. The new Camaro is pretty nice, but it's a GM product.

What's hard to believe is GM's advertisements feature footage from the first Transformers movie and then tout the 304 HP V-6 that gets 29 mpg.

who in their right mind buys a Pony car for it's fuel efficient V6???

I'd rather have a Challenger. The new Camaro is pretty nice, but it's a GM product.

What's hard to believe is GM's advertisements feature footage from the first Transformers movie and then tout the 304 HP V-6 that gets 29 mpg.

I work with someone who has a brand new one and a SRT one at that. Freaking sweet car......

From what I've heard, the Challenger is the least performance oriented of the retro muscle cars (handling in particular).

I like the looks of the Dodge Challenger but for performance the Camaro is the quickest of the three, including the Mustang. The Dodge is hurt by its weight as it is over two tons but it is a good looking car.

So, when will Jeff Gordon be racing a Honda in Nascar or will GM keep fielding an Impala? Oops, I mean a box that has an Impala decal on it.

I like the looks of the Dodge Challenger but for performance the Camaro is the quickest of the three, including the Mustang. The Dodge is hurt by its weight as it is over two tons but it is a good looking car.

So, when will Jeff Gordon be racing a Honda in Nascar or will GM keep fielding an Impala? Oops, I mean a box that has an Impala decal on it.
Dumbest thing GM and NASCAR have done. Chevy doesn't even make a comparable 2 door coupe after the Monte Carlo died. I'm sure they aren't gonna throw a Camaro badge on it next year.

Check out how well gov cars do in other countries. The Soviet Union has some great examples... of how much government cars suck. Buy up now before they get even worse.

Last edited:
As long as these unions keep calling the shots and these companies keep bowing down to them, I will never buy an American car.

VN Store

Back