Will Next Years Team be Better?

BasketvolsFan

We will lose Prince, Chism, and Maze, but will we be better next year? Adding Golden, McRae, Harris, and Maymon could make us more athletic than this year. Chism will be the biggest loss from this year as we have no one as good as him in the post.
If Williams returns, Hall and Wooldridge, Harris and Maymon will be our post players. We could be better at point with Goins and Golden, although Golden is actually a shooting guard. Expect McBee and Bone to receive a scholarship and have some minutes, but with Tatum, Hopson, and McRae, I would expect they will not see significant playing time. At this point, we have no one who can drive and distribute the ball as well as Prince coming back next year.

we can be good bc/ of Pearl, but really we're not recruiting positions properly to be great, IMO.....

I'm so tired of saying "next year"....Hopefully we can get consistent and make a run. I think we will split with Kentucky and pull together a deep run

we can be good bc/ of Pearl, but really we're not recruiting positions properly to be great, IMO.....

Whatchutalkinbout, Willis? Recruiting? You want to talk about recruiting?
CBP is coming from UWM and Div 2. He has to build his rep before he's going to get the top recruits. That said, mission accomplished, Bruce!!
You need to pay attention to what is going on, because we have the best class we've ever had coming in in 2010, at least until the 2011 class, which is sick already. Get on the Pearl Tilt-a-Whirl.
We'll miss Chism. He's a competitive, talented big. He's been our best player the last 2 years. I saw Tobias on tv the other night tho, and he's going to be a stud. He plays with such passion. GBO!

If UK stays unbeaten, we have a shot at knocking off the unbeaten #1 twice in one season, and 3 times in a row. That's gotta help the tourney seed. We had a rough night, but this team made it thru it's toughest stretch with a bunch of W's. Be positive. One loss to a freakishly hot UGA team doesn't ruin our season.

We will lose Prince, Chism, and Maze, but will we be better next year? Adding Golden, McRae, Harris, and Maymon could make us more athletic than this year. Chism will be the biggest loss from this year as we have no one as good as him in the post.
If Williams returns, Hall and Wooldridge, Harris and Maymon will be our post players. We could be better at point with Goins and Golden, although Golden is actually a shooting guard. Expect McBee and Bone to receive a scholarship and have some minutes, but with Tatum, Hopson, and McRae, I would expect they will not see significant playing time. At this point, we have no one who can drive and distribute the ball as well as Prince coming back next year.

Who's coaching?

Better define, "better".

Whatchutalkinbout, Willis? Recruiting? You want to talk about recruiting?
CBP is coming from UWM and Div 2. He has to build his rep before he's going to get the top recruits. That said, mission accomplished, Bruce!!
You need to pay attention to what is going on, because we have the best class we've ever had coming in in 2010, at least until the 2011 class, which is sick already. Get on the Pearl Tilt-a-Whirl.
We'll miss Chism. He's a competitive, talented big. He's been our best player the last 2 years. I saw Tobias on tv the other night tho, and he's going to be a stud. He plays with such passion. GBO!

I love Coach Pearl as much an anyone here, and defend him 99% of the time......but we really need to recruit the right mix of players.....the problem with this team is too many guys playing the 3 position.....even the 2's are reallly 3's...hope we get the right guys!! :rock:

So we lose 4 (counting T. Smith) and we add 4. Then we give 2 scholarships to Bone and McBee. Somehow we do not have enough scholarships. We are probably gonna keep E-man on scholarship cuz it wouldn't be right to cut him. Does anyone know how this is going to work?

From what I'm gathering from your post is that we open 4 scholarships and somehow fill them with 6 people. Something isn't adding up for me.

So we lose 4 (counting T. Smith) and we add 4. Then we give 2 scholarships to Bone and McBee. Somehow we do not have enough scholarships. We are probably gonna keep E-man on scholarship cuz it wouldn't be right to cut him. Does anyone know how this is going to work?

From what I'm gathering from your post is that we open 4 scholarships and somehow fill them with 6 people. Something isn't adding up for me.

E-Man will go on medical hardship and won't count against our scholarship total. We can have 12 scholarships even with the one taken due to academic issues. We only have ten scholarship players now.

All depends on if Scotty comes back and whether Tobias Harris is legit. Big concern is who is going to bang with the big boys down low.

It depends on how Harris is, and if Scotty develops more, and if one of the new guys takes over the point...

If you look at next year, we should be much better. The line up will look similar to this:

PG--Goins, Golden, Bone---Better than this year with Maze, Bone, and Goins

SG--Tatum, McRae, McBee---better than this year with Hopson, McBee--that's assuming that McRae has some simblance of an outside shot.

SF--Hopson, McRae, Tatum---better than Prince, Tatum, Wooldridge

PF--Harris, Maymon, Hall----far better than Hall, Wooldridge, Pearl--Harris may be better as a freshman than any player we have now.

C--Hall, Williams---Probably not as good as Chism, Hall

Next years team should be more athletic and better shooters than this year. We should also have better depth.

If you look at next year, we should be much better. The line up will look similar to this:

PG--Goins, Golden, Bone---Better than this year with Maze, Bone, and Goins

SG--Tatum, McRae, McBee---better than this year with Hopson, McBee--that's assuming that McRae has some simblance of an outside shot.

SF--Hopson, McRae, Tatum---better than Prince, Tatum, Wooldridge

PF--Harris, Maymon, Hall----far better than Hall, Wooldridge, Pearl--Harris may be better as a freshman than any player we have now.

C--Hall, Williams---Probably not as good as Chism, Hall

Next years team should be more athletic and better shooters than this year. We should also have better depth.

It's hard to really breakdown each position like that when the line-up has so many different combinations, and players are essentially in different positions.

Anyway, you can't draw up a lineup without including Woolridge. Mine looks like this:
1 - Goins, Bone, Golden (not sure Golden will transition well enough to place over Bone on the depth chart)
2 - Hopson, McRae, McBee
3 - Tatum, Maymon
4 - Harris, Woolridge (Like this year, there is no clearly defined roll for Woolridge. He's a 3 at best, but because of his size, I think Pearl will use him here, similar to Tyler Smith)
5 - Hall, Williams

I personally think there are way too many question marks to determine whether they will be better or not. I think we lose whole lot in Maze and Chism, and Prince too. He has been a good role player for us.

I think Goins will step up nicely next year. I think Hopson will be more consistent next year. Tatum too. Harris is a guy that should come in and contribute immediately, and hopefully Hall will develop and put on some weight. This year will be great experience for him. I think Woolridge has the most upside here because of his frame. He has a lot of room to grow, and it will help him become more consistent and more versatile considering his size.

E-Man will go on medical hardship and won't count against our scholarship total. We can have 12 scholarships even with the one taken due to academic issues. We only have ten scholarship players now.

We get 13.
We could only use 12 this year, because we lost one due to an APR hit.

Are you sure we get that one back or possibly lose another one. I don't know what the current academic standing for the team is. Will Smith make us take another hit? Also, what about Tabb?

So, we've given up on this season?

I'd say the majority of posters on this board are not anticipating a deep tourney run, and that same majority does not define simply making the NCAAs as a successful season. I have not given up on this season yet - we could get hot at tourney time a make a run.

from watching whats available on youtube... harris' is not a dominate inside player. although he seems adequate for a 6-8 guy. 80% of the clips are him playing facing the basket... he drives... can shoot the 3... and is definitely VERY VERY skilled for a guy 6-8 210. seems like a very difficult matchup for opponents given that he can easily shoot over smaller guys... as well as dominate 2's and 3's in the post. but if you put a power forward on him (someone who matches his size) he's just gonna blow by them.

1. golden/goins... can golden handle it well enough to play the 1?
2. mcrae
3. hopson
4. harris
5. kenny hall

3 freshman but dang that seems pretty potent offensively.

bench:

tatum
goins/golden
maymon
mcbee
williams
swiper dud

we have no size. this doesn't seem like a great pressing team either... hopson plays no D... harris is quick for his size but doesn't seem like the pressing type but he did chose UT so can't really say. kenny hall could be great at guarding the inbounds if he wants to be... he's big and lanky.

forgot about hall. hmmm... we have decent size then. should be interesting. definitely a much better roster than we have right now!!! is there any chance at all ngedu will play for us... ever again?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back