Will Friend out? [Twitter troll rumor]

One other thing, the comment about talent isn't the issue. Don't forget, two of the vault improved talent guys just got here and the other is coming off major health issues that kept him from even practicing. The rest se still the same from the butch regime for the moody part.

Your right, thanks for the correction.

Someone said Smith collapsed late in the 4th or the 1st OT was it anything or did he whiff that bad?

Your right, thanks for the correction.

Someone said Smith collapsed late in the 4th or the 1st OT was it anything or did he whiff that bad?
I didn't see it, but I have heard nothing about a relapse. fatigue could be a big factor for him right now.

Interesting

Yikes. I felt this should happen last year if it were going to happen, but I also think the OL played decent this game, so not sure what that is about unless it was Chaney that proved Friend was not needed and Chaney’s contributions are why our OL allowed -2 yards the second half of the first game to 200+ the second game. I still don’t think that is going to fix the JG issue. I mean, I hope it does. I like that kid a lot as a human being, but... I dunno. That said, we did get 98 the first half of the first game...

I know Chaney was working with either tackles or guards. But, it seemed he wasn’t working with both. So, maybe Chaney noticed a difference with the group he worked with? Seems the runs off tackle vs off guard were more successful if my memory serves me right?

Anyways, I picked up Friend’s family when they first arrived in Knoxville, and they were really excited to be here. They were also super nice. I hate the idea of it not working out for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Weird if true. Felt like this was the first game where the O-line started looking serviceable.

Last year, I thought you could blame O-line for about 80% of the problems on offense. In this last game, it was more like 80% JG, 10% O-line, 10% conservative play-calling.
that o-line did a very good job on an heavy loaded defensive front..8% o-line

Oline hasn't been the problem. Need to put Banks back at RB for short yardage, other than that they've given JG plenty of time to make late throws and bad decisions.

Reactions: RollerVol
Omg....on both sides ball.....am I only one thinking this???? Butches recruites give you 5 and 7 results put new highly ttalented kids out there make there mistakes grow and we kill it next year

English please ????

We had good performances and gutsy efforts. Just need to switch QB's. Time to move on from JG.

You are right. It was just wishful thinking. I bet Ansley is wondering WTH he has gotten himself into.
From what I saw, he was a big part of the problem. The defensive backs can't seem to get the alignment issue resolved.

Nah, I just attempt sarcasm without the blue font.

I was going to let the cat out of the bag but it was so much fun reading all of the responses to your sarcasm that I just could not do it. Must be a bunch of shorties on here cause it is too easy to fly over their craniums....

VN Store

Back